Getting tempted to buy a graphics card from Amazon. Has anyone bought from Amazon?

Do you think it is a good idea to import graphics card from Amazon (USA)?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a 7790 (which is still not available in India, AFAIK). I saw that Amazon is offering graphics cards for a lot less if compared with the prices we may get them in India. For example, I could get 7850 for 169.99 USD + 4.00 USD (Standard Shipping) which comes to approx. 9500 INR (add to that import duty which I'm unable to ascertain) and I would get the card within 9-12 days. (No 7790 of any brand I trust is available atm at Amazon).

But, what concerns me is that;
  • About Customs, Duties & Taxes
  • About Import Fees Deposit

Does anyone has any idea? Has anyone here bought from Amazon?

Regards,

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Is it standard shipping or amazonglobal standard shipping?
If amazon is taking an import fees deposit you wont have to pay anything else.

But don't take warranty for granted either. Amazon might replace faulty products but local warranty depends on product brand.

I've purchased tons of goods from amazon so I know what I'm talking about. I've lost count of how many times I have stated this already.

OP
yogeshm.007

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Is it standard shipping or amazonglobal standard shipping?
It's Amazon Global Standard shipping.

If amazon is taking an import fees deposit you wont have to pay anything else.
As per documents on their website, they will also charge import fees (if applicable), but to check exact amount I would at least have to go to the end point of placement of order (i.e. also enter credit card information!).

But don't take warranty for granted either. Amazon might replace faulty products but local warranty depends on product brand.

I've purchased tons of goods from amazon so I know what I'm talking about. I've lost count of how many times I have stated this already.
I'd forgotten about warranty; I've been lucky enough with all the IT products I've bought so far :)
So, what should I do about warranty? Which brand (ASUS/Saphire/MSI/Gigabyte) will honour warranty in India?

Thanks

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a 7790 (which is still not available in India, AFAIK). I saw that Amazon is offering graphics cards for a lot less if compared with the prices we may get them in India. For example, I could get 7850 for 169.99 USD + 4.00 USD (Standard Shipping) which comes to approx. 9500 INR (add to that import duty which I'm unable to ascertain) and I would get the card within 9-12 days. (No 7790 of any brand I trust is available atm at Amazon).

But, what concerns me is that;
  • About Customs, Duties & Taxes
  • About Import Fees Deposit

Does anyone has any idea? Has anyone here bought from Amazon?

Regards,

MDcomputers.in has HD 7790(ASUS) @ 11K

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I have brought from Amazon,before.You can find out the total cost(price+import fees) at the checkout page.Usually it takes a week.

I have brought from Amazon,before.You can find out the total cost(price+import fees) at the checkout page.Usually it takes a week.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
does one has to have a credit card for buying from amazon? can it be purchased from a visa debit card?

EDIT: ok... checked it.. we can buy from visa debit card...

Top Bottom