Getting S3 Mini for 18k, Worth it?

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Hey guys,

Through a chance deal, I'm getting a brand new Galaxy S3 Mini for 18k. Do you think it's worth it?

The only other option I'm considering is the Galaxy S2. However, for the S2 I've to pay 23k. My main reason for considering S2 is insane dev support, and the larger screen. However, I'm wondering if that's really worth the 5k extra.

What say?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Go for S2. Reason, S3 Mini has resolution of 800x480 @ 233ppi, very pricey with no dev support. Better go with well known, S2, and get some good ROM and enjoy.

Otherwise, the price you are getting is decent for S3 Mini.

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Go for S2. Reason, S3 Mini has resolution of 800x480 @ 233ppi, very pricey with no dev support. Better go with well known, S2, and get some good ROM and enjoy.

Otherwise, the price you are getting is decent for S3 Mini.

The GS2 has a ~217ppi screen. The resolution is exactly the same as the S3 Mini.

But thanks anyway!

Any other opinions before I finalize this?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ The community support always does matter. Also, S3 Mini has 4"(I know why they reduced, but again just informing) where S2 have 4.3". S2 have Mali400MP whereas S3 Mini have Mali400. So S2 anyday.

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
^^ The community support always does matter. Also, S3 Mini has 4"(I know why they reduced, but again just informing) where S2 have 4.3". S2 have Mali400MP whereas S3 Mini have Mali400. So S2 anyday.

I do care about the community support, as I mentioned in my first post.

However, the question, as the title states, is whether the advantages of the S2 are worth an additional 6k. Of course the S2 is better than the S3 Mini, there's little debate to be had over that.

Terabyte

In the zone
If you are continuously going to jump from one ROM to another then S2 definitely makes sense.

BTW it would be better if you mention your requirements and priorities as well.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
As TeraByte said, if ROM is your main priority, just go with S2. But i will not say 6k additional is worth it, price wise S3 Mini looks good.

Top Bottom