Getting BSOD during Windows start up :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

My system is starting to give BSOD while booting, this started to happen from today afternoon, when my brother did switch on the system.

Morning it was working fine, donno what might be the issue.

My System Configuration is in my signature, and OS i am using is Windows XP with SP3.

Following are the things i got done from my brother.
Check whether the BIOS is displaying both the HDD's and RAM.
It is showing 2048MB RAM (2GB) and 320GB SATA HDD, 80GB Normal IDE HDD.
Also tried to go into Safe mode

Can i know why we get the BSOD, while booting?
Can dust be the cause for BSOD. Since construction work is in progress in our house, and i was not able to clean the CPU for almost 2 months or so.

Please do let me know what i should do, i dont wanna do the OS reinstall again which is a big pain :( .

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I think its due to HDD not connected properly. Happened with one of my friend too recently.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Last Night i checked what was the issue for the BSOD. The reason for BSOD was UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

To verify that i put my XP setup disc, and then that my C Drive (Primary Partition) was in unknown format. All other drives created were fine. Except the Drive C. So i did just formatted the drive and installed the OS again. Have not installed the Antivirus or any Internet Security yet, waiting for my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 to come home, which i ordered from eBay. Untill then no Internet from my PC :)

Gauravs90

geek........
You should not have formatted the drive.

You should have ran check disk from windows recovery console and it will have been fine.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Check the Boot.ini file , Run the harddisk recovery console to bring out the error in the HDD , most probably the problem is ventured with boot file changed path !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom