Getting a laptop from america - help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Well i am into buying things from abroad through online shopping. Some parcels get misplaced in the way but not all. And i've been lucky to save on customs duties always.
Now am interested for a laptop from usa and i find that customs tend to steal it and even charge duties like madmen...other way is to ask someone to carry it for me but then comes the question of trusting a stranger.
Did anyone import it by postal services, how much duties should i expect for a new machine..or if someone is kind enough to carry it for me?

Aspire

Padawan
Well i am into buying things from abroad through online shopping. Some parcels get misplaced in the way but not all. And i've been lucky to save on customs duties always.
Now am interested for a laptop from usa and i find that customs tend to steal it and even charge duties like madmen...other way is to ask someone to carry it for me but then comes the question of trusting a stranger.
Did anyone import it by postal services, how much duties should i expect for a new machine..or if someone is kind enough to carry it for me?

If any relative of yours lives there, then they can bring a laptop with them.

1 laptop is allowed per person.
If a person brings 2-3 Laptops, Custom Duty is charged. :shock:

OP
montsa007

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
The sad part is i don't know anyone personally to carry it lol i know about 1 laptop per person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom