getright can not recover partial.download.. need urgent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i was using getright 5.2d to download ...windows vista ..beta 2 from microsft servers..due to some problems ...i had to format my c drive and do clean install of xp...so i had copied the file of vista frm its original location to another drive..
....the file had completed 60 %(something like 2gb )...after clea.n installation and installing getright again..i clicked on the partially downlaoded file...and found that it was asking for a url..so i gave the link i used from micrsoft ...but to my shock..it showed only 8 % progress and something 260 mb..progress...
what do i do now ..can i change the link or somrthing...i have another copy of the same partially downloaded file for safety..
how do i start from where i stopped before..there must be some way please help me out....i cant take the shock of losing all my week of download !!!and dont want to start all over again ..

why isnt anyone ...replying please its urgent ..really urgent ..i need some one .

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Get Vista from here:
*download.windowsvista.com/preview/...inmain_beta2_x86fre_client-LB2CFRE_EN_DVD.iso

And what the website says - "you'll be presented with a security warning. After you
accept the Download Manager will install & begin the downloading process. You may
ask what the benefit of downloading the file this way. Even if your Net connection is
disconnected the software will download from where it last left!!
The best Download Manager is FlashGet, I have downloaded very huge files using
it. Remember if you format the drive & reinstall Windows again, I don't think you
can begin downloading from where you left since the DM is installed again!!
Now nothing much can be done. Better pay online (around 700 Rs) and get the
DVD posted to your home. Rather than wasting weeks to download Vista.
Anyway it's a trial version. If you still want it get it from your relatives living abroad.

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
i cant pay such a huge sum..rember i m just 16..and dont earn..hardly i get 1000-1500 monthly..maybe there is some alternative...to start the download from where i left..

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
i am not asking which is best and not..i am asking if i can recover what all i downloaded b4..or will i have to start again..i had downloaded 2gb..see if it has to resume it shud resume from 2 gb ..or start all over again..why does it start from 260 mb i didnt get it !!
there must be some way..cauz whatever i downloaded was there in the file...i think later when it reaches that postion it will automatically ..progress ahead ??

or if i change the link will it work.. but theres only one link on microsoft..maybe there are different servers..

does anyone know why is this problem caused ???can i get all the partial download back ???

why usnt anyone helping..please reply guys..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom