Get Windows 7 Like "Show Desktop" Icon in Windows XP and Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo61611616

Journeyman
Show Desktop is an application that lets you have the "Show Desktop" icon beside the clock and system tray on Windows XP and Vista like it's on Windows 7.

It creates a small rectangular button at the right side of the user's task bar, next to the clock, which, when clicked, allows the user to minimize all open windows or temporarily make them transparent so the user can "peek" at the desktop.

Read More Here

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best thing is to have the Show Desktop icon on the Desktop itself like most people do.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The best thing is to have the Show Desktop icon on the Desktop itself like most people do.

So we shud go to desktop, to click the button, which then minimizes everything, and take us to the desktop, where we already are !!

sakumar79

Technomancer
@priyaviv45, I think if you go into configuration of keyboard shortcuts in distros like Ubuntu and Mint, you can set Winkey+M to work just like it does in Windows... But not sure, you can google... Alternatively, I believe Ctrl+Alt+D does the same...

@Navneet, you can get a MS list of keyboard shortcuts at Keyboard shortcuts for Windows but I believe there are some unlisted ones that can be found by googling...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom