Get Visual Studio 2008 Free Of Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

.NET Guru
Yesterday I posted this on my Blog - *askabhishek.blogspot.com
Today I am sharing it with you guys

Yes Its True you can get a Totally Genuine Lisence of Visual Studio 2008 and other Flagship Development products from Microsoft at no cost.

Whats the Catch : The only catch is that you should be student of recognized educational institute.

What is DreamSpark ?
Microsoft DreamSpark™ makes professional-level developer and design software available to students in India at no charge, so you can chase your dreams and create the next big breakthrough in technology- or just get a head start in your career.

Softwares that you can get Free of Cost

Microsoft developer tools.

• Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
  • Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition*
  • XNA Game Studio 2.0*
  • 12-month free membership in the XNA Creators Club

Microsoft designer tools.

• Expression Studio, including:
  • Expression Web*
  • Expression Blend*
  • Expression Design*
  • Expression Media*

Microsoft platform resources.

• SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition
  • SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
  • Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition*
  • Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
  • Virtual PC 2007*

* The tools marked with the asterisk are also available on DVD.

Source : DreamSparkIndia See : FAQ

ThinkFree

Technomancer
But you were too late.
It's already posted and you forgot to mention that these can't be used for commercial purposes, just for study/training.

OP
Champ

Champ

.NET Guru
But you were too late.
It's already posted and you forgot to mention that these can't be used for commercial purposes, just for study/training.

Thanks, Yes Students will have to sign a EULA stating that, they will use s/w only for educational purposes

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I'm guessing renewal is the same as getting new membership ie. take your college id and that's it.

OP
Champ

Champ

.NET Guru
@all.. Whatever development Tools (Say VS 2008 ) you get under this program carry Lifetime License, So they will not expire after particular period of time. But as per EULA they should only be used for educational purposes and not for commercial use.

After verification the eligibility to download softwares for free remains for 12 Months, After that one will have to reverify. Even if you choose not to reverify, Tools you downloaded earlier remain valid. but you will not be able to download new tools.

You also get a Trial (12 months) Membership of XNA Creators Club, So you can also develop games for XBOX 360. To Know more about XNA Creators Club Membership Visit Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom