GET READY TO BE HUNTED (PREY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
so u think u have not been scared by doom and u are waitng for fear to scare u guess what u are in for suprise prey is here to scare the hell out of u its made on a doom engine and men they should provide a diaper free of cost given to u when they ship along this game dont belive me then well have a look at the screen shots of a game which was thought will nevr come out men things are boiling up cant wait to get a copy when it is realesed and ya buzz word it has a new portal technology nevr ever been seen game will be release on pc and xbox 360

link to all scrren shots
*media.pc.gamespy.com/media/008/008926/imgs_1.html

links to must see screen shots
*media.pc.gamespy.com/media/008/008926/img_2976289.html
*media.pc.gamespy.com/media/008/008926/img_2976288.html
*media.pc.gamespy.com/media/008/008926/img_2786726.html
*media.pc.gamespy.com/media/008/008926/img_2976292.html
*media.pc.gamespy.com/media/008/008926/img_2960598.html
*media.pc.gamespy.com/media/008/008926/img_2786736.html
*media.pc.gamespy.com/media/008/008926/img_2786740.html

raj14

In Deniel
Dude, play isn't survival horror Shooter :? It's a FPS Game where you're patted gaist hordes of hostile aliens, The Only thing that makes Prey really intersting is it's Extremly twisted and Fresh Design, The Weapons have a superb Demonic feel into them :p Watch the HD video and you'll know what i mean :D

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
ok i will check out the same i not played the demo but just looking at the screen shots i felt that prey remided me of doom

raj14

In Deniel
prey is Better than, Doom3, atleast the early videoa dn Screenshots say that :D Doom3's Gameplay was the biggest low-down of 2004, The game sucked badly, to say the least atleast we don't have annoying Imps in Prey :lol:

sumitava_b

In the zone
Qwerty: Hmmm...another one-liner post from u. Its very strange that I am getting ur 1/2 liner post in every thread. And I dunno what r u trying to prove here. Raj was talking about gameplay and u r talking about graphics. You know the difference, right?

raj14

In Deniel
:? Quite frankly, i was Talking about Doom 3's ultra Lackluster and slow gameplay, :) Doom 3 has the most powerfull graphics engine created till date, but, the Sloppy Gameplay mechenics and braindead A.I makes it a piece of you know what :eek: Graphics DON'T Make a Game Good, a Game can't be criticized just because the poor thing didn't has "Powerful" graphics, If you rate games only by their grahics, then dude, you haev some serious issues :shock:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I think that a game's graphics is a main reason for the "immersion into the game". I agree to the point that apart from having good eye-candy, a game must have an "ATTRACTION" which must compel the players in playing the game.. I hope u get what I mean. Any dropdown in the above requirements annihilates my passion to play the game.

After playing Chronicles of Riddick: EFBB and FEAR demo... even HL2 graphics (the game was really awesum) looks sloppier and boring to me.. this has made me lose a lot of interest in HL2 which I had when I first played the game.

raj14

In Deniel
ummm, Actaully HL2's graphics aren't spectacular, VALVe Clearverly tries to make graphics look good, bya dding 'Rustyness' to the envireoment, doom 3 STILL has the most Advanced and resource hungry engine seen to date, Cry Engine comes second, it can it can also chunk out pretty decent visuals, however, my favorite game engine is Cry and Source, since even on a FX5200 they scale down very very well, especially HL2, looks awesome :D

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

HL2 introduced several important graphics features not available in earlier games.. get a look at the 680 MB technology demo... which I had seen a long be4 the game was released.. when the game runs in PURE DIRECTX 9.0 mode the graphics is higly enhanced. The natural daylight, the radiosity distribution in the eyes of the G-man, the shimmering and volumetric light distribution on the back of the large spiders.. and several other features that was shown in the demo.. I have forgot many of them.

raj14

In Deniel
i wasn't too impressed with HL2's A.I, they kinda shattered my expectation, could have been better :D kinda looking forward to FEAR, i have started Downloading the Demo, as i was tooe xcited to wait for Digit to include it :lol:
18% Done! :D so far i played every major hyped Game, halo 2, Doom 3 and Half Life 2, overall winner is HL2 :D hey you guys played HL2: Deathmatch? it's awesome, litttle tough than CS:S and Quake III but it's quite fun, but the Gravity Gun concept doesn't work too well :roll:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
The game sucked badly, to say the least atleast we don't have annoying Imps in Prey

U mean the doom3 engine ???? .... well in case u dont read ... its one of the most advanced engines ever created ... it doesn't load fixed texture unlike HL2 .... more based on displacement shadows ... ... And Prey is based on a heavily modified doom3 engine ....

raj14

In Deniel
yeah Dea virus, wh are you telling me my posted thing? Doom 3 sucked in game play Dude, not in graphics, read the whole post instead of just rushing to last posta dn quickly posting your reply, don't take it otherwise, but everybody knows thats so you aren't exactly getting a award or something :eek:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Doom 3 sucked in game play Dude, not in graphics

u didn't like the gameplay now did you ??? so according to you a game with very good gameplay undoutedly becomes the best game of that genre/year rite ??? u tried Pirates of the Caribbean ??

If you rate games only by their grahics, then dude, you have some serious issues

so u wont have any problem playing HL2 at 640x480 , uber-low settings while a boy sitting just beside u plays it at the maximum settings possible ????

i was Talking about Doom 3's ultra Lackluster and slow gameplay

and from this i may assume that u've completed the game in Nightmare difficulty mode ????

i wasn't too impressed with HL2's A.I, they kinda shattered my expectation

ur the guy who just shouted at me rite ???

since even on a FX5200 they scale down very very well, especially HL2, looks awesome

and now i know the reason ........

aceman

Broken In
Doom 3's ultra Lackluster and slow gameplay

Sure DOOM3 game play was not for everybody, but there is no denying the fact that it was among the games which actually gave me the creeps during gameplay( only other game which gave me these sensations was called Clive barker:Undying) wondering what's going to be around the corner.The presentation is maong the best with video mails, audio mails,logs...etc which was anything but lackluster.Sure some key hunts , demons with fireball are too irritating but it did not stop me from playing Reseruction of Evil 8)

..............not to forget Half Life did not have a great story line either , with more questions than answers, my favorite still remains doom.

OP
A

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
well i think i started a topic on prey and dicussion seem to have turned into doom 3 vs half life 2 vs far cry hum pretty intresting let me add some thought of my own i dont exxpect everyone to agree with me all the engines u guys are talking about doom engine , source cry tech engine and yes what u guys are forgoten is the unreal 2005 engine have thier postives and negatives i fully agree with death virus that if u are looking afor a pure graphic engine there is no matching doom 3 engine the focous on graphical part of the game was breataking saly they realy dint work on the ai a lot and thus the it broke hearts of many of the fans but the old serious lover of doom still love it none the less if u are realy intrested in the eye candy not much on the story and u dont expect the enyme to be like super monster it is goodenough . half life on other hand has just focused on game play ai , story line physic this was their main focus not only that but it has good prteey good graphic especailly the out door environments i wont comment on ai but i felll it s pretty good . but the real blend has been the cry tech engine not only was the graphic beautifull some of the best the ai was just too much some . but beside all this engines and their capbility the engine most popualr right now amongst developers is the unreal 2005 engine odd right i guess not the cost and ease of use make unreal 2005 engine a instant hit amongst devloper check out any game devlopers foreum and u will agree with what i am saying . the new engine of monolith (fear)if it live to epectaion may become a serious competation for all doom is seriously become more like a system benchmark rather then a great game because most of the hard ware sites use it as a graphic benchmark which proves that its seriously a great graphicl engine here have alook at the site www.techreport.com

*www.techreport.com/reviews/2005q3/athlon64-x2-3800/index.x?pg=4

and i hope prey has some good ai with some breath taking graphic

bye guys take care

expertno.1

Technomancer
doom 3 is really scaring

its fps

a must visit for doom lovers

*www.doom3.com/

*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/

*www.doomworld.com/doom3/

*pc.ign.com/objects/014/014934.html