Get Eco Conscious !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digitall Charisma

Hey all, keeping it short, I am a guy who does care about the environment. And there are some serious issues which everybody should pay heed to.

I am talking about "Disposing off our damaged computing devices and peripherals". Of late I have discovered in my house some done-for speakers, cd-rom drives, 3 mice, a floppy drive and ....(don't remember). Asked some professionals and friends; but they all say the same thing - "throw it along with your daily garbage".
Now being a electro-geek and a gadget-freak I just can't do that. More over they are not bio-degradable. Sure its easy but if we all think that way its that damn easy to imagine the world (atleast India) becoming a dumping ground. I really am getting irritated with these useless gadgets and the others' comments & recommendations.

Please someone give me some sound idea

vandit

In the zone
try selling it to someone.....
or if u are a bit creative..... try making nice decorative stuff out of the ripped out parts of the mice keyboard etc :evil:

Ishan

In the zone
I have seen some shops hanging colourful useless mice instead of Lemon and alletc
also u can give them to some child interested in researching things, so that he could sdo some study in it. A bit knowledge to can be useful many times!

It is a serious problem and we have to do some thing quick about it. Just think about it I have a box full of old digit CD's and DVd's at home.Recycling is the way forward to clear this mess.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Nice and relevant post. I think in developed countries, there is provision for collecting and recycling such things and sadly, we lack it. Let us hope it will come around in a not so distant future since the percentage of environmentally conscious people are increasing.
I am also keeping a lot of things over the years, like UPS, speakers, mice, old cabinets, HDDs etc., etc. being reluctant to throw them away and which are occupying limited storage space.

I think a serious discussion is the need of the day.

OP
D

Digitall Charisma

1. My goods are damaged and so no one's gonna buy it
2. Don't have time now for creaative stuff
3. Hate selling it to kabadiwallas & the sort who don't have any feelings about these once-useful behemoths
4. No recycling facilities in sight
5. janitha >> tum ne mere mu ki baat chhin li...

Yeah a serious discussion is really needed. Thanks to all of u for posting.
Let's wait for what others have to say

anandk

Distinguished Member
sorry to strike a dampening note.
but we humans are creating junk which we cannot dispose. we can discuss but it invariably turns out into an exercise in futility ! ultimately, we end up just passing our problems to the next one...likewise we will end up throwing out our tech junk to the kabadiwala ! take it from me !

BUT NICE and RELEVANT topic. lets discuss ! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom