Get Eco Conscious !!

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Digitall Charisma, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all, keeping it short, I am a guy who does care about the environment. And there are some serious issues which everybody should pay heed to.

I am talking about "Disposing off our damaged computing devices and peripherals". Of late I have discovered in my house some done-for speakers, cd-rom drives, 3 mice, a floppy drive and ....(don't remember). Asked some professionals and friends; but they all say the same thing - "throw it along with your daily garbage".
    Now being a electro-geek and a gadget-freak I just can't do that. More over they are not bio-degradable. Sure its easy but if we all think that way its that damn easy to imagine the world (atleast India) becoming a dumping ground. I really am getting irritated with these useless gadgets and the others' comments & recommendations.

Please someone give me some sound idea

2. vandit

vandit New Member

If I had a webcam u could have seen me, before you
    try selling it to someone.....
    or if u are a bit creative..... try making nice decorative stuff out of the ripped out parts of the mice keyboard etc :evil:

3. Ishan

Ishan New Member

I have seen some shops hanging colourful useless mice instead of Lemon and alletc
    also u can give them to some child interested in researching things, so that he could sdo some study in it. A bit knowledge to can be useful many times!

4. the deconstructionist

the deconstructionist New Member

It is a serious problem and we have to do some thing quick about it. Just think about it I have a box full of old digit CD's and DVd's at home.Recycling is the way forward to clear this mess.

5. janitha

janitha New Member

Nice and relevant post. I think in developed countries, there is provision for collecting and recycling such things and sadly, we lack it. Let us hope it will come around in a not so distant future since the percentage of environmentally conscious people are increasing.
    I am also keeping a lot of things over the years, like UPS, speakers, mice, old cabinets, HDDs etc., etc. being reluctant to throw them away and which are occupying limited storage space.

I think a serious discussion is the need of the day.

6. OP
    OP
    Digitall Charisma

Digitall Charisma Guest

1. My goods are damaged and so no one's gonna buy it
    2. Don't have time now for creaative stuff
    3. Hate selling it to kabadiwallas & the sort who don't have any feelings about these once-useful behemoths
    4. No recycling facilities in sight
    5. janitha >> tum ne mere mu ki baat chhin li...

Yeah a serious discussion is really needed. Thanks to all of u for posting.
    Let's wait for what others have to say

7. anandk

anandk Distinguished Member

sorry to strike a dampening note.
    but we humans are creating junk which we cannot dispose. we can discuss but it invariably turns out into an exercise in futility ! ultimately, we end up just passing our problems to the next one...likewise we will end up throwing out our tech junk to the kabadiwala ! take it from me !

BUT NICE and RELEVANT topic. lets discuss ! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.