Get an Apple MacBook For Just Rs. 45,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello! :)

This has already been discussed in the Apple thread but since it’s huge news, I thought I should post about it in a more public setting.
*img390.imageshack.us/img390/8648/designgal0120080226ne0.jpg*img181.imageshack.us/img181/8601/designhero20080226sa9.jpg​

Until the end of August, Apple is running a program offering a steep discount of 12% on its MacBook and MacBook Pro lines. If you’re a student, faculty or staff in any of the several qualifying universities across India, you are eligible for the discount. These are the discounted prices (inclusive of taxes):

White MacBook 1: Rs. 45,000
White MacBook 2: Rs. 55,000
Black MacBook: Rs. 60,000
15-inch MacBook Pro 1: Rs. 80,000
15-inch MacBook Pro 2: Rs. 1,00,000
17-inch MacBook Pro: Rs. 1,15,000

Check out the configuration of the MacBook and MacBook Pro models by clicking on the appropriate links. You can also find a list of the qualifying universities on this page (look at the options for the drop down menu). You might also want to read the reasons why you’ll love a Mac and peruse through Apple’s list of Frequently Answered Questions if you’re interested in going for a Mac. They also have some pretty funny television commercials worth checking out.

If you’ve ever been interested in purchasing a Mac and were deterred by the price, this should come as good news to you. Apple very rarely offers discounts on their products in India and never of this magnitude. This is the cheapest you’ve ever been able to buy Mac notebooks in India. If you have any more questions about buying Macs (like whether it runs Windows or not and what is the customer support like, etc.), feel free to post them in this thread and I (or someone else) will answer them the best I (we) can.

P.S.: This is neither a sales pitch nor an attempt to start another flame war. I know that the most common (and perhaps only) factors preventing most people from purchasing Macs are ignorance and price. My only aim is to address prospective Mac purchasers about what they’re about to jump into and inform them about the drastically lower prices. Please don’t start a flame war here.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Re: Get an Apple MacBook For Just Rs. 45,000

The prices have been like this for a long time. I last checked Apple City Centre, it was 50k for a macbook. Dell XPS anyday!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
That was slightly more than 50K without including taxes. This is a limited period offer and has been initiated very recently and you can now get it for 45K, including taxes. The base model offers a discount of around 10K.

If you prefer Dell XPS or whatever, sure, go with it. Why sully this thread? This one’s got nothing to do with Dells and HPs and Acers. :)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Air nahi hai? Woh hota to paisa arrange karta bhi
The university is listed but price, even for MacBook is still too much coz I do not find it Value for money:(

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Thread Moved

Why I wont buy a McBook :
Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory3
At same price I would get a lappy thats much more powerful from Dell. I would love to own a Mac but its still not very economic. Perhaps I would get one when I start earning myself.

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
there is no where written in thread to buy the laptop any one who fan macbook he can buy.these come in different category.
Read

goobimama

 Macboy
45k is stil expensive. Its better to get XPS for 50k :p
Well the difference is obviously Mac OS X.

And it doesn't matter what graphics card it has, cause gaming is gonna suck anyway. So unless you plan on doing heavy video editing, which should not be done on a notebook in any case, the MacBook will run Leopard just beautifully.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Like I’ve cleared before, the purpose of this thread is not to advertise or evangelise Macs. I know people often complain about the price of Macs and therefore wanted to bring it to everyone’s attention that they’re available for much lower rates for a limited period of time. That’s it.

what is the difference between three. :)
The first one is the basic configuration and comes in white. The second one has a better processor, more memory and storage, a SuperDrive and also comes in white. The third one comes in black and has even more storage. The most value for money model is the second one. For more detailed technical specifications, consult the chart on this page. :)

Last edited:
The first one is the basic configuration and comes in white. The second one has a better processor, more memory and storage, a SuperDrive and also comes in white. The third one comes in black and has even more storage. The most value for money model is the second one. For more detailed technical specifications, consult the chart on this page. :)
please bolden the links next time, or paste them as a whole. due to this forum's stupid new theme, visited links can't be noticed at all.

anyway, I just noticed that the first model has ONLY 120GB HDD, and NO DVD WRITER. how can this thing be allowed to exist in the 45K range ? :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom