Geforce GTX 260 or Radeon HD 5770 ??

giprabu

In the zone
One of my friend is about to buy a gfx card..
his budget is 8k and wishes to opt for GTX 260... Is that good or should i tell him to go for sapphire/powercolor hd5770 @9.5k...?

ajai5777

Youngling
-----GTX 260-----------------------HD 5770--------

-----Little faster--------------------Little slower-----

-----GDDR3-------------------------GDDR5----------

-----Uses more power---------------Less power------

-----DirectX 10---------------------DirectX 11-------

Go for HD 5770 :smile:

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone

yup..!! amd wins..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

add to it, GTX260s slowly vanishing from market. resulting in old stock (cards wiring, VRM & caps all started going bad) & high prices. also the OC'd HD5770 close the gap beyond compare. so why GTX260?

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
add to it, GTX260s slowly vanishing from market. resulting in old stock (cards wiring, VRM & caps all started going bad) & high prices. also the OC'd HD5770 close the gap beyond compare. so why GTX260?

i'll tel the story..
when i was in the shop for my hd5770, the shopkeeper showed me that GTX260 and stated that it was a brand new model and just arrived to his shop only that day... As I dint have any knowledge about that card, i was a bit attracted to it cause of its appearance...Its bloody big and looked cool..
But still i was stiff on my decision of 5770 because of you guys only...
Thanks a lot .. You people saved me and my friend ...:p

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
i'll tel the story..
when i was in the shop for my hd5770, the shopkeeper showed me that GTX260 and stated that it was a brand new model and just arrived to his shop only that day... As I dint have any knowledge about that card, i was a bit attracted to it cause of its appearance...Its bloody big and looked cool..
But still i was stiff on my decision of 5770 because of you guys only...
Thanks a lot .. You people saved me and my friend ...:p

hye buddy. I saw ur machine signture. Would u plz tell me dat if GTA 4 is playable without any struggle with HD + all high settng. I will make d same ring 4 mah frnd.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
the shopkeepers can call even core2duo a brand new (latest) processor which has just hit the market. can't trust them to tell their names correctly. (noobs still prefer core2duo over a similarly priced Athlon II X4)

HD5770 will be a better choice if not for anything else, then for the DX11 support.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
hye buddy. I saw ur machine signture. Would u plz tell me dat if GTA 4 is playable without any struggle with HD + all high settng. I will make d same ring 4 mah frnd.

Hope it should run.... Cause all games at present on this planet run very fine @ Full HD with max setttings except for Crysis warhead ( it runs fine in Full HD but in gamer mode. It flickers in enthusiast mode..)

i dint try out Metro 2033..
Any way i'll try it out for ur satisfaction and let u know..

Top Bottom