Geforce FX5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I had rather you buy some Second hand geforce 4 Ti series,..will serve you a lot better than this dummy Geforce FX 5200...the problem with this card is...it will make you feel you will have direct x 9 compliance, and Pixel shader or so..but then it has no guts to carry out the effort...Why fool SElf ????

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Dont go for the XFX cards, these are crippled since they come with 64 bit memory. Go for a MSI, ledtek or Ennayah in that order. Also while buying MSI make sure u get the 128 bit memory one cuz MSI also has the cheap 64 bit variant @ arnd 3k.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
since this is the minimum in the market now . would it be advisable to get this or wait for higher power model which will work good with doom3 and half life 2 ???

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hmm 3 months back MSI Gefoce FX 5200 128mb
for 5000 rs
and yaa do go for some branded ones like asus MSI gainward etc
they are better than the XFX ones

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
klinux said:
since this is the minimum in the market now . would it be advisable to get this or wait for higher power model which will work good with doom3 and half life 2 ???

Definetly wait for a good card(for at the moment u can go for Ati radeon 9800pro and Geforce Fx5950) Doom III And Half-Life 2 will definetly need a system rig that will Even Burn the Satan In Hell :evil: so try to get a graphic card that will make these games to kneel(if that is possible for now lol)...

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
@klinux: The next mainstream card to hit the market will be the nvidia 6200 from nvidia and its x300 which is already available from ATI. the 6200 will be PCI-E only for the first few months, a agp version will be out by say 2 months after the PCI-E release. So that makes your wait upto 4-5 months. So its upto you to choose. If u wanna enjoy d3 or hl2 to the fullest either get a 9800pro or the new 6 series cards frm Nvidia.

[flAsh]

In the zone
Leave FX5200 I would say go 4 a Geforce4 Ti4600. no DX9.0 support but still better quality. hav money then go 4 a Radeon 9600pro or pure geforce 5700 (not LE, not Ultra)

indro

In the zone
[flAsh] : i wouldnt agreed to ur comment! if you try running 3dmark 2003 you will get the answer , also the new games run better on a fx than a ti 4200 even though the memory is at 526 DDR and CORE clock is 330 mhz ,whereas a fx5200 is 400 MHZ ddr and 300 mhz core.

ice

In the zone
If yu wanna buy it, get it, but dont expect any great performance from a fx 5200, All that being said, its a pretty niceish card. Im not saing Powerful, im saying Nice.

What are the main reasons that u want a card? games? eyecandy in ur os?

bhalchandra

Broken In
Yes i had one 7 months back of ASUS 5200 256MB DDR that is much expensive that time but i satisfied with my earlier riva tnt M64 from ASUS so i went for the same that had cost me 9.5 k

Too much naa..........
But still gave me good performence
I know still it is much costlier but why to buy fx5200
wait for 6200from nvidia which is based on 6 series geforce chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom