GeForce 9600GT and 8600GT comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmenon

Broken In
Guys,
I currently have an XFX GeForce 8600GT 512MB graphics card. It runs GRID at 1024x768 with 4X MSAA and all high details smoothly and also NFS Undercover at the same resolution with 2X AA and AF, it runs Crysis as well at the same resolution with High settings. I have saved up enough to afford a 9600GT but I have a Samsung SyncMaster 794MG CRT monitor so the max resolution is limited to 1024X768 85Hz. Should I go in for the 9600GT os save more and go for a better card later. I want to know how the following graphics cards compare with each other
1. ATi Radeon X1550XT with 512MB VRAM
2. NVidia GeForce 8600GT with 512MB VRAM
3. NVidia GeForce 9600GT with 512MB VRAM

The rest of my system is as below
Intel Core2Duo E7200 processor @ 2.53GHz
Intel DG31PR motherboard
2GB DDR2 RAM 667MHz
Samsung HD250HJ HDD 250GB
LG SuperMulti DVD writer

Thanks for your help in advance guys!

Last edited:

dpuk

teh 479
considering your current config, your current card is perfect. If you want to reap the benifits of 9600 GT then go for it, but then I'll suggest that you upgrade your monitor to a 19" or 22" lcd first.

or if you dont have the budget of an LCD then invest the money into a playstation 2, so that you get the best of both worlds, i.e., pc gaming and console gaming.

OP
N

nmenon

Broken In
Thanks. So you suggest I stick to this for the time being. A PS2 is not too interesting to me. I'm not gonna have the time for gaming in 6-7 months time.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Frankly 9600Gt is Twice as fast as 8600GT.
But you will not reap the benefits due to the CRT monitor you have.
And moreso since you have another 8 months left to actually take a dive in gaming why bother.Price are going to decline def by then.

OP
N

nmenon

Broken In
I would really love to know how the ATi Radeon X1550XT compares with the NVidia 8600GT. Anyone has any idea? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom