GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
My 1 year old, GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 has ideal temperature of 59 to 60 degrees. Is it normal?
Under load, though the temperature varies very little it to about 75 degree max.

Is is normal?

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Max temp. is ok but the idle temp. should be lower. Nothing to worry too much about. Clean the fan that is mounted on the GPU heatsink.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Yes, 8600GT is an electric stove after all :)

I dunno if Riva Tuner Fan Fix works on an 8600GT. Nevertheless, you can try to increase fan speed, something like 80% +

And yes, do the cleaning process and make sure ur cabby is ventilated and some big wires aren't coming in the way or so. Otherwise, it's perfectly normal.

OP
Debu_013

Debu_013

What do I use to set fan speed to 80%+.
My 8600GT is from XFX and i cannot find any tool bundled with it, to tweak fan speed.

Would it be wise to install the MSI version of of nvidia graphics driver, because i have a MSI MB , and then the graphics card controls would be activated on MSI Dual Core Center.

OP
Debu_013

Debu_013

What do I use to set fan speed to 80%+.
My 8600GT is from XFX and i cannot find any tool bundled with it, to tweak fan speed.

Would it be wise to install the MSI version of of nvidia graphics driver, because i have a MSI MB , and then the graphics card controls would be activated on MSI Dual Core Center.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
there is nothin like that. All u have to do is head to guru3d.com and download latest rivatuner, and increase the fan speed, and save for every bootups.
and max of 65c for an 8600GT is more than ok. u shudnt start worrying until it idles at 70+ and max goes beyond 80c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom