GeForce 6600 not performing to potential...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
I have a GeForce 6600 256 mb card, along with 1 MB DDR2 RAM and an intel pentium 4 3.06 GHz machine. Lately I've been seeing that my system hasn't been performing to it's fullest potential. I can't play games at High quality settings (ultra high is unthinkable). My 3D MARK 06 scores were 600 something... for example the 'Return To Proxycon' thingy in 3DM06 gave framerates of 01-02 fps...

is it normal for gf 6600?? or is my card/system really missing out on it's potential?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Pretty normal for 6600 ... it ain't the best card out there .. :( ... 3DMark06 would be overkill .. try 3DMark03 .. around 5k's i guess ...

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
it definately ain't the best card out there... nor am i a gamer out there (just like to show off... a lil bit ;) )... anyways thanks for the response.

UNREAL

Broken In
No pl;z dont compare a 6600 Gt with a 6600 vanilla atleast ! the GT version is alot better than the vanilla !

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
rohan said:
I have a GeForce 6600 256 mb card, along with 1 MB DDR2 RAM and an intel pentium 4 3.06 GHz machine. Lately I've been seeing that my system hasn't been performing to it's fullest potential. I can't play games at High quality settings (ultra high is unthinkable). My 3D MARK 06 scores were 600 something... for example the 'Return To Proxycon' thingy in 3DM06 gave framerates of 01-02 fps...

is it normal for gf 6600?? or is my card/system really missing out on it's potential?
well,have you ever THGOUGHT that it could be because of the 1MB RAM

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Yea its 1 GB only na. Its a typo. Anyways 6600 is not that good card. My frnd has it and his scores r almost same as urs.

I got 6600gt and in 3D Mark 06 I get around 1816 or 18.. something. I forgot.

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
ha..ha.. ha..... oh my... it was misspelled... silly me.. still makes me laugh it's 1GB.

and also.. didn't notice the 'gt' in his post.. sorry ;)

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
If you are able to play the most intensive games of today at 800*600 low or even 10X7 low to med then there is nothing wrong. For the majority of popular games, if you do 10X7 low to med or med, that is what your system should manage.

As for 3d mark scores, don't know, but for 3d mark 05 you should get something like 2000, if it is that then it might not be a problem.

The fact is that a 6600 is not a low end card, it is entry level now.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
see... that's why i think my card is not working to it's full potential...

DING ... 6600 and 6600GT are two diff. cards ... simple comparison .. 6600 -> 350/500 , 6600GT -> 500/1000 .. get it ??

Stalker

Padawan
check ur video card settings, make sure AA , Vsync & AF are off.
should help in getting better frame-rates. the GT variant in far better than the plain vanilla 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom