Gaming rig wont start

soumyaxyz

Broken In
I brought my new rig(spec in sig) in Jan this year and promptly locked myself out of bios while trying to set up secure boot
*www.digit.in/forum/cpu-motherboards/180498-cant-access-bios-db85fl.html

I since the machine itself was working perfectly I decided to ignore the problem till later.

about 15 days back the machine refused to start (it plays the windows 8 sound but the monitor shows no signal)
i tested the monitor to be fine (connected to my laptop with vga cable )
monitor is connected to the graphics card via dvi cable (i tested it with the vga cable via a dvi to vga connector)
I connected the monitor to the mobo output. Neither made any change.

I called the technician who assembled the rig ; when he came the next day the machine started working again .

now again it has stopped working(same state)

My technician has never worked with machine like this before ; I don't think he can help me

both times the system was performing normally before the problem.
whats my next step?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Did you try using without the dvi to VGA adapter? You're hearing the boot up sound so the system is working, the display is working when its paired with your notebook provided you used the vga cable, so most likely the dvi-to-vga might be an issue.

To remove the BIOS password lock, did you try removing the motherboard battery to revert back to default settings?

OP
S

soumyaxyz

Broken In
i don't have vga out in my machine only hdmi and vga; no hdmi in monitor :(

i didn't remove the battery i'll give that a try although i'm not too optimistic about it (shouldn't removing the cmos jumper do the equivalent?)

also dvi to vga is unlikely the the issue as it's not part of my normal setup

Top Bottom