Gaming Rig at around 30k

sachatterjee

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mid level gaming. I want to play games like FIFA 16, Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare, Battlefield 3, Farcry 4. Its not necessary that I play these at Ultra settings. Also the games which come out in a a couple of years should run. I will be also watching HD movies and there will be programming work in Visual Studio, Eclipse and others.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30k with a tolerance of another 5k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7. May upgrade to Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have external drives to store data. Want to use a SSD for installation puposes. I believe this will be faster. Need to buy this SSD. 250 GB should suffice.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. Samsung 19.5 inch LED monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard, mouse, optical drives, speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a month's time

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes I have. Will do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. Planning to buy locally from Chandni market.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest me both Intel and AMD builds. I would like to know which performs better in which areas. Would take a call depending on that.

Thank You in advance :grin_NF:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Processor: Intel Core i3 6100 -9000,
Motherboard:Gigabyte H170-D3H -7500,
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -2500,
SMPS: Antec VP450 -2300,
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3700,
GPU : Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB -9000,
Monitor : BenQ DL2020 19.5" LED -5500.

TOTAL -39,500.

OP
S

sachatterjee

What's the resolution of your monitor? We can easily make gaming build in 35k no issues. Tell me your monitor.

Resolution is 1366x768.
Its a Samsung SD300 49.4 cm LED monitor

- - - Updated - - -

GPU : Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB -9000,
Monitor : BenQ DL2020 19.5" LED -5500.

TOTAL -39,500.

What are options in SSD? Also, I dont plan to buy monitor.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Processor-AMD A8 7600-7.2k
Motherboard-Asus A68HM-K-3.9k
RAM-Kingston FURY Memory - 8GB Module - DDR3 1866MHz CL10 DIMM-2.7K
Harddrive-WD 1TB Blue Desktop Internal Hard Drive-3.6k
Powersupply-Corsair VS Series VS450 - 450 Watt SMPS-2.5k
Cabinate-Antec GX200-3k
Monitor-LG 20MP48A-6.5k
Total-29.4k

For now this will allow to play games at medium to low settings but you can later buy a powerful card in future.

These are the games this system can handle
A subjective look at the A8-7600's gaming performance - The Tech Repor

I have not suggested a full HD monitor because it will put too much load on GPU.

- - - Updated - - -

So you don't need Monitor and HDD then you can spend this on better graphics card ASUS Radeon R7 260X-2GB-9.5k

OP
S

sachatterjee

Processor-AMD A8 7600-7.2k
Motherboard-Asus A68HM-K-3.9k
RAM-Kingston FURY Memory - 8GB Module - DDR3 1866MHz CL10 DIMM-2.7K
Harddrive-WD 1TB Blue Desktop Internal Hard Drive-3.6k
Powersupply-Corsair VS Series VS450 - 450 Watt SMPS-2.5k
Cabinate-Antec GX200-3k
Monitor-LG 20MP48A-6.5k
Total-29.4k

For now this will allow to play games at medium to low settings but you can later buy a powerful card in future.

These are the games this system can handle
A subjective look at the A8-7600's gaming performance - The Tech Repor

I have not suggested a full HD monitor because it will put too much load on GPU.

- - - Updated - - -

So you don't need Monitor and HDD then you can spend this on better graphics card ASUS Radeon R7 260X-2GB-9.5k

Hey thanks for bringing up a build with AMD APU. With the research that I have done in the last few days, they look quite fascinating to me as well, given the tight budget segment. The thing is, discussions with my friends and colleagues discourage me to go for this. Kinda confused here.

considering the fact that I AM going to buy a GPU would you still suggest me to buy an APU or do you have second thoughts? I believe you would change the motherboard also in that case right?

Sorry for so many questions :smile_NF:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hey thanks for bringing up a build with AMD APU. With the research that I have done in the last few days, they look quite fascinating to me as well, given the tight budget segment. The thing is, discussions with my friends and colleagues discourage me to go for this. Kinda confused here.

considering the fact that I AM going to buy a GPU would you still suggest me to buy an APU or do you have second thoughts? I believe you would change the motherboard also in that case right?

Dont go with AMD Config as it is outdated and not much future proof.

Go with this minus the monitor:

Budget-35k

GPU : Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB -9000.

TOTAL -34,000.

About the SSD you can go with

Samsung 850 EVO 120GB -4500.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Most people in India are biased if they need to buy a phone they will go for Samsung,If led tv they will go for Sony and same thing happens with Intel and AMD.

Firstly i thought you need whole system for 30k So suggested a AMD APU but Since you are skipping monitor and HDD
I suggest this instead of APU
Processor-AMD 3.5 GHz AM3+ FX 6-Core Edition FX-6300-8.5k
Motherboard-MSI 970A-G43 Motherboard-6k

I3 is outdated now only 2 cores come on intel WTF! It used to be a better option in past but now its waste.Most games today can utilize multiple cores so investing in i3 is not wise option.

And don't heavily depend on benchmarks they don't reflect real world performance and OEM mostly cheats on them all the time.

You may say why am i strongly suggesting AMD Actually I am a AMD x4 445 user though its very old now still it performs better than so called i3,i5(HP p077TX laptop) I can run 6 VMs easily on AMD x4 445 with 5GB of RAM while my I5 based laptop with 8GB RAM don't run them smoothly.

Most people will disagree with me but i learned this from my experience.

Hope you understand my points.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
750ti is a bad choice right now. consider buying a used gtx 960/950/770

RX 460 is around the corner, lets see how this performs.
Its clear that the new AMD cards are a win in dx12, vulkan.
older games dx11, opengl not so.

Minion

Conversation Architect
750ti is a bad choice right now. consider buying a used gtx 960/950/770

RX 460 is around the corner, lets see how this performs.
Its clear that the new AMD cards are a win in dx12, vulkan.
older games dx11, opengl not so.

But newer cards will always be priced higher.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
why spending whooping 8-9k on processor when gaming is the priority? I believe getting a cheaper processor and better GC would be a better option (as long as selected processor wont become the bottleneck for GC). Sorry, i dont have any options to advice as of now though.

OP
S

sachatterjee

I got the following for now. I am going to add the graphics card a month later as I am tight on budget.

Processor: Intel Core i3 6100
Motherboard:Gigabyte H110M-S2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz
SMPS: Corsair VS550
Cabinet: Deepcool Tesseract

On the cabinet front, was planning to take a Antec GX200 but it wasnt available.
The whole thing cost me around 27k

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I got the following for now. I am going to add the graphics card a month later as I am tight on budget.

Processor: Intel Core i3 6100
Motherboard:Gigabyte H110M-S2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz
SMPS: Corsair VS550
Cabinet: Deepcool Tesseract

On the cabinet front, was planning to take a Antec GX200 but it wasnt available.
The whole thing cost me around 27k

Return that crap SMPS and get an Antec VP550P or Seasonic S12II 520W

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Seriously? I thought Corsair was good :serious_NF:

VS series is not worth buying.

*forum.digit.in/pc-components-confi...s-gtx-1060-build-post2295542.html#post2295542

Corsair VS Series PSU's have are Some of the secondary side capacitors are made by Aishi, but most are from CapXon – a brand renowned for poor quality capacitor.

Source:Hardware Insights | Informative hardware and software reviews, interesting articles, and discussion forum
Even in an entry level product, it surprises me that Corsair would be brave enough to use them, as I have had to fix plenty of devices with failed CapXon capacitors which weren’t very old. Even Teapo and OST capacitors are generally considered to be more reliable than CapXon.

Replace Corsair VS550 with Antec VP550P or Corsair CX500M. I think so Corsair CX500M will be readily available and there is a service center in Pune.

Corsair CX500M Review:Corsair CX500M (V2) Semi Modular Power Supply - eTeknix

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
its completely fine for a budget build, you are not going to use a 250watt graphics card, 150watt processor, 10s of disks.

if you buy a Overclocked GTX 980ti, expect issues. Most 1070/1080 brands will run.
Zotact 1080/1070 are power hungry cards, these will give you issues.

Top Bottom