Gaming Rig @ 65K

OP
A

AkashSrivastava

Broken In
Hmm i am conflicted, would 290 be an overkill? just wanted to make sure that if I buy i5 +280x would I feel that i wish i would have gone for 290 (I know it would depend on the games i will play but if anyone has experience on this it would help)...
If you see my original budget was 60K and this has snowballed into something else :D

attachment is not visible on firefox,even now. but works fine on chrome!.

I viewed from Firefox.

Hmm i am conflicted, would 290 be an overkill? just wanted to make sure that if I buy i5 +280x would I feel that i wish i would have gone for 290 (I know it would depend on the games i will play but if anyone has experience on this it would help)...
If you see my original budget was 60K and this has snowballed into something else :D

If you can play with few eye candies turned off then 280X will be fine. For 1080p @ everything max 290 is the way to go.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
In the configuration suggested by Harshil you can opt for a i5 4570 processor and Gigabyte B85M D3H motherboard and you will have a i5+290 rig.

Now this overshoots your initial budget of 60k by 25℅. But am assuming you have increased it as everyone is suggesting in that range.(am unable to view the attachment). This will have more gaming potential.
But for the other softwares you have mentioned I leave it to the experts.

OP
A

AkashSrivastava

Broken In
not anytime soon but will surely keep that in mind

- - - Updated - - -

I had a little advancement and one of my friends is coming down from US, but sadly he can carry only one thing, so what should i get...i checked out ASUS 290x

*www.amazon.com/Asus-R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5-ASUS-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00HSY1TBK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1402582201&sr=8-4&keywords=r9+290x

this would be around 34K

is this worth the hassle?
or should i just get 290 for a lesser price? Apart from that would ASUS give me international warranty on this?
If not this i can even get the CPU the intel i7 4770K is around 19K over there

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
you wont get any international warranty. better purchase from here.also sapphire r9 290 trix is available at 32.8k on mdcomputers and it is much cooler too. asus dc2 for r9 290 is same as reference design(bad cooler design indeed) and temperature reaches 90+ degrees.

cydialover1

Broken In
I cannot get it now, have to wait for next month, lets hope its still available then..

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I have decided to go for the following build, much more what i had asked for but i just got greedy, please do tell me if something is unnecessary.. Thanks

• i5-4570 or i5-4590 13800
  • Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H 7140
  • Asus Radeon R9 280X 22600
  • kingston hyperx blu 2* 4gb 5000
  • WD Caviar Blue 1 tb 4000
  • Seasonic S12II620 5750
  • deepcool tesseract 2600
  • Dell S2240L 8599
  • APC Back UPS 1100 5500
  • Total 75049

Hi
can you please tell me from where you are purchasing the things ?? (online)

OP
A

AkashSrivastava

Broken In
Ok, so there is nothing I can buy from us? And if overheating is a problem should I revert to 280x?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
can you please tell me from where you are purchasing the things ?? (online)

Mostly online not yet sure from where mostly multiple places... Or lamington road mumbai

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Ok, so there is nothing I can buy from us? And if overheating is a problem should I revert to 280x?

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly online not yet sure from where mostly multiple places... Or lamington road mumbai

sapphire tri -x is the best you can get for r9 290.

- - - Updated - - -

you can buy cpu from abroad. i think intel offers international warranty. dont know much.

OP
A

AkashSrivastava

Broken In
hmm, willl check it but of what i checked yesterday i wasn't saving much on processor, 1-2K...if there is no international warranty then i don't feel it would be worth that

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
hmm, willl check it but of what i checked yesterday i wasn't saving much on processor, 1-2K...if there is no international warranty then i don't feel it would be worth that

yep. better get it from here itself. peace of mind is better than a piece of cake.;)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hey Just read on the sapphire site that tri-x requires a 750W supply, in that case a Seasonic S12II620 5750 wouldnt cut it out right??

it is plenty. believe me, these sites quote more than what is required sometimes with ridiculous psu requirement. look at various reviews of r9 290 and check the power consumption.

cydialover1

Broken In
it is plenty. believe me, these sites quote more than what is required sometimes with ridiculous psu requirement. look at various reviews of r9 290 and check the power consumption.

what if you use a 800W for it ?? i mean to be on safer side ? or that could be dangerous too ?

Top Bottom