Myth

Cyborg Agent
The old TX (CWT) is EOL so you dont get them anymore. The new TX650V2 (Seasonic) is what Im talking about ,you are right.The one listed @MD Comp is the V2 (Seasonic),check the packaging.

Thanks for that :)

The stock CPU Cooler that comes with FX-8350 is of very good quality. It comes with 4 Copper Cooler with a solid Copper base. You can run the CPU @ 4.2 to 4.3 GHz stable with the cooler if you create a proper fan Speed Profile. Right now I am converting a video using Handbrake @ 4.2 GHz Speed with all the 8 cores @ 100% load. Temperature is 60 degree Celsius at max.

Lol. I wish intel could learn something about a 'complete package' from amd.

OP
B

bobbyndd

Broken In
Right now I am converting a video using Handbrake @ 4.2 GHz Speed with all the 8 cores @ 100% load. Temperature is 60 degree Celsius at max.
The reason why I mentioned that I will go for an Intel based CPU in my initial post - I read in some forums that Fx take more power ( its understandable 8 cores that too overclocked) and it heats up a lot. And i5 3450 outperformed Fx in one or two areas. So my major concern is the CPU+Motherboard.The most CPU intensive task I will be doing with my PC will be playing games. Though I will install Photoshop CS6, I wont be using much computing power unless I work on 3D with Photoshop. And I know how to tame Photoshop:-D coz I work for Adobe. Feel free to ask anything about Photoshop except free serial numbers:p.

Thanks panwala95 for introducing Nzxt source elite 210. I was looking for corsair 400r/500r or CM. This one is cheaper and reviews are good too.
Once again I am looking for the expertise from you geeks for a good CPU+Motherboard and other parts coz I dont want to invest my money on wrong parts. My previous PC, i5-680 I realized late that its a dual core and my GPU xfx hd 5450. I fell on the 2GB memory, but was :shock: ed at its performance.

btw, wth is this ?

*images.tweaktown.com/news/2/2/2222...uld_make_your_corsair_400r_look_like_full.jpg

Cilus

laborare est orare
The power consumption part is true but the temperature part is not true. With stock speed and Balanced Power profile, my FX-8350 idles at 28 to 29 degree Celsius and at full load of 100% for long period of time it never goes over 60 degree to 65 degree. Now if you create a custom CPU fan profile for higher performance, the temperature will not cross 62 degree C in full load, sometimes at 4.2 GHz Turbo for all the 8 cores.
I have tested both FX-8150 and FX-8350 with different types of workloads, mix of Benchmarking software like Cinebench, WPrime, 3Dmark, AIDA64, real applications like 7Z File Decompression of 6GB Zip file, Video Encoding using various tools (Handbrake, TX264, MainConcept reference, AVIDEMUX) for elongated period of time (More than 2 Hours for a 2 Hrs movie with extreme X264 Presets) and Gaming (Crysis 2, Far Cry3, COD Series and many more) and never found the temperature to beyond 65 Degree with the 4.1 GHz speed (FX-8350) or 3.8 GHz speed (FX-8150).

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
^^ exactly.
i highly doubt we'll be thinking about power consumption during work\gaming... even at stock speeds

Cilus

laborare est orare
regarding Power consumption, if you run a FX-8350 with all the cores at 100% load @ 24X7 for 1 Months, your savings will not be more than 150 to 200 bucks. For a normal user who uses his PC for 10 Hours a day and run demanding applications for 6 Hours of that 10 hours, the saving will be less than 20 bucks. The idle power consumption of FX-8350 is same as the quad core Ivy Bridge Processors.

Top Bottom