Gaming Rig- 25k (CPU only)

shahu

Broken In
Hi friends,I wanna build a gaming cpu and seek your advice

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans:Gaming-Assassin's Creed 3,Metro,BF3,NFS The Run,Alan Wake,Tomb Raider 2013.. and some word processing,video converting

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25k Maxed out (cpu only)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb would be sufficient

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No.I have a 17 inch 1440x900 HP monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:February.Can wait if I can get anything better.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:By an Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Nagpur(India).As for online,just Flipkart.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
I have read that GPU has most of the share in gaming than a CPU.I would like to have the highest GPU and lowest CPU within the price (ofcourse,without hindering the full capacity of gpu).Will this do?.Will prefer an Intel CPU And I have no idea how to select motherboard and psu.Can somebody please enlighten me?

Following is the gpu I have seen what are your thoughts about it?
Sapphire AMD HD 7770 OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Flipkart.com (Sapphire AMD HD 7770 OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Since you are planning to buy at February, I think you should start digging around the start of January. The prices of computer components vary very much and even if we suggest something now, the price might change during your time of purchase or some better products might be available. So I think you should wait a little.

Xai

Journeyman
ComponentModelPrice
ProcessorIntel Pentium G6303500
MotherboardGigabyte GA-B75M-D3H4346
RAMG.Skill F3-10666CL9S-4GBXL1450
HDDWD Caviar Blue 500 GB3600
GPUMSI R-7770 2PMD1GD5 OC9256
PSUCorsair CX430 V22700
CabinetCooler Master Elite 3112300
Total27,152

This overshoots the budget a bit. If that is not affordable, go for Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 @ Rs 7300

But, as Cilus mentioned, prices will likely change by the time you actually buy the components.

Xai

Journeyman
it costs 8.3k max at MD Comp.

Price I quoted was from MD's website. But then, they probably don't update their site all too often.

MSI GRAPHIC CARD R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC

OP can also check with Vedant - they seem to be offering good prices on a lot of components.

Top Bottom