Gaming: Processor+motherboard under 10k

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Hi, guys please suggest a good processor and a compatible motherboard under 10K. Main purpose is gaming.
I know this isn't a good budget for a gaming build, but its for my friend and he has only 10k to spent on those. So please suggest the combo.

No matter AMD/INTEL

Equipped with GTX750 GD5

-Jayakrishnan

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
What about RAM? Already have DDR3 RAM?

Anyways here is the config:

Intel G3220
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1
Corsair Value Select 1600 MHz 4 GB

All 3 components should cost a total below 10k

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
u asked only about RAM why?
if @op asks for cpu+mobo then we can assume he has rest of the components.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
What about RAM? Already have DDR3 RAM?

Anyways here is the config:

Intel G3220
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1
Corsair Value Select 1600 MHz 4 GB

All 3 components should cost a total below 10k

u asked only about RAM why?
if @op asks for cpu+mobo then we can assume he has rest of the components.

Yeah guys. He have 6 GB ddr3 ram. 2 X 1 and 1 X 4

post his entire config.

Currently running on intel core 2 duo e7500 and one old Gigabyte motherboard (donno model), ZOTAC GTX 750 DDR5, windows 8, random company 18 inch monitor

FX 6300 + suitable mobo fills in your budget and is better than i3s.. that is the best you can get in this budget

Please suggest motherboard too.... fx6300 alone costs about 7k... so budget will exceed.
crosses the budget by 1k :p

1k on budget can be exceeded maximum...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get the following
i3 4130-7.1k
gigabyte h81 m s1- 3.4k
antec bp300p - 1.8k
if out of budget, get the psu later provided his current psu is capable. else do not make compromise on psu.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
About the mobo, any AM3+ motherboard can support the FX 6300 easily, but most of them are not sufficient for overclocking capabilities, I dont know much about AM3+ boards and which ones are good thats why its better imo if you wait for someone like [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] to reply.. Typically you are looking for a 970G motherboard with atleast 6+2 digital VRM if you want overclocking.. or a normal 4+2 VRM if not.. The FX 6300 can be had for 7.1k in most places offline or 7.6k on flipkart
I must state that the i3s are going outdated.. Look at the current games, FC4, Unity, Shadow of mordor.. All have good support for multiple cores and dual core processors are already out of the minimum requirements for most new games...
Only bad thing about AMD FX series is the non availability of any iGPU, if your GPU goes kaput, there's no way to use your PC (unless you buy the older 880G series mobo with a browsing capable iGPU)

Last edited:
OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
It crosses by 2.5-3k

get the following
i3 4130-7.1k
gigabyte h81 m s1- 3.4k
antec bp300p - 1.8k
if out of budget, get the psu later provided his current psu is capable. else do not make compromise on psu.

He has some sort of psu. I think its a generic one. Local.

About the mobo, any AM3+ motherboard can support the FX 6300 easily, but most of them are not sufficient for overclocking capabilities, I dont know much about AM3+ boards and which ones are good thats why its better imo if you wait for someone like @ico to reply.. Typically you are looking for a 970G motherboard with atleast 6+2 digital VRM if you want overclocking.. or a normal 4+2 VRM if not.. The FX 6300 can be had for 7.1k in most places offline or 7.6k on flipkart
I must state that the i3s are going outdated.. Look at the current games, FC4, Unity, Shadow of mordor.. All have good support for multiple cores and dual core processors are already out of the minimum requirements for most new games...
Only bad thing about AMD FX series is the non availability of any iGPU, if your GPU goes kaput, there's no way to use your PC (unless you buy the older 880G series mobo with a browsing capable iGPU)

Thanks bro will consider.

A 970G chipset powered mobo is way off ur budget.. Better stick to a 760G powered mobo + fx6300 :)

FX 6300 ~ 7k
Gigabyte GA 78 LMT USB3 - 4k

please do post what psu your friend has.
[MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION], some local one.

Guys, what about this..?
CPU: Error 500 Server Error
MB: Error 500 Server Error

Well it fits under his budget and as he has a decent GPU, will it be enough.?

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
No the FX 4300 is too weak to even consider, better go i3 if you are thinking of buying FX 4300

Ok bro. Thanks. Will tell him to buy fx6300 and the motherboard I suggested. I'll tell him there is no way other than extending budget. :)

Top Bottom