Gaming PC Upgrade

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming mostly. I play CSGO alot. Also, GTA 5, Witcher 3, Fallout 4 etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:60k Max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:In future, Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have 2.5tb of HDD space and 750GB of SSD space.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I just bought a new monitor. It is a 24" 144 hz LG screen.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I only need Processor, GPU, Motherboard and RAM. I have a noctua cooler and it is mounted on Sandy Bridge i5 right now. I don't know if it will work on new sockets or not.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within 1-2 months.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have done it many times and will be doing it this time myself as well.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Allahabad. I am open to buying online if it is not available locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nothing much. I have been out of touch so have no idea about which components are good at the moment. I have been buying AMD GPU for last two times and even though I am quite satisfied with AMD but would like to give Nvidia a try this time.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 61.5k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 4690k17,900
MotherboardAsrock Fatality Z97X Killer12,000
MemoryG.Skill Ares 16GB(8GBx2) 2133MHz6,000
Graphics CardZotac GTX970 4GB DDR525,600
Total61,500

The Processor, Motherboard & Memory prices are taken from Online IT Shop | Computer Hardware Shopping From Online IT Stores where as Graphics Card price is taken from WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions:::::::::: .OK.

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Budget - 61.5k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 4690k17,900
MotherboardAsrock Fatality Z97X Killer12,000
MemoryG.Skill Ares 16GB(8GBx2) 2133MHz6,000
Graphics CardZotac GTX970 4GB DDR525,600
Total61,500

The Processor, Motherboard & Memory prices are taken from Online IT Shop | Computer Hardware Shopping From Online IT Stores where as Graphics Card price is taken from WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions:::::::::: .OK.

Does haswell support DDR4? What if I go for a generic not-so-highend motherboard for now because I am not going to overclock it just now. I can always upgrade my motherboard later, let's say in next 6-8 months. I would much rather go for i7 unlocked processor if that is possible. What would be a possible config in such a scenario.

Also, will I have to buy a new cooler as well? I have mounts for Sandy Bridge socket and I don't know if that will work with haswell or not.

P.S. I have a Noctua NH U12P SE2

anky

Youngling
By from Paytm.They are offering huge discount today. getting GTX 960 for less than 14k Today! and GTX 970 4 GB for 22k!

OP
rohit32407

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Finally ordered my components. Had to order GPU from amazon(which was about 1k overpriced) simply because I could not pay 28k upfront and had to go for EMI. In any case, this is what I have ordered

Processor- Intel i5 6600K
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 2400 Mhz DDR4 8gbx2= 16GB
Motherboard- Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
GPU- ASUS Strix GTX970 DirectCU 2 OC 4 GB

Now the Question- I was using a Noctua CPU Cooler(mentioned in my signature) for my i5 2500K and was wondering whether this same cooler will work with Skylake or will I have to buy a new one?

Top Bottom