Gaming PC under 85K (Buying All)

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
My guess is Asus list max supported capacity of a particular ssd series so 1TB 850EVO means any capacity EVO upto 1TB is officially supported by Asus mobo but in case of Gigabyte I think this is not true as someone in that thread posted that a bigger capacity 240GB version of a particular series Intel ssd didn't worked even though the 120GB version of same series was present in supported ssd list.

maybe..
they have a different variant of 1tb listed than what samsung india shows .. Asus ( MZ-75K1T0 ) and Samsung india ( MZ-75E1T0BW )

iirc Samsung 850 was updated .. old one was based on 32 layer 3d nand , and new one is based on 48 layer 3d nand , though they both carry same name .. either samsung india is listing old version or asus has tested with old version .. market differentiation is likely denoted by letters at the end

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Usually storage media is backward compatible(like usb 3,sata3 etc) so assuming asus mobo is compatible with newer 48layer 3d nand then it is also safe to assume that they should be compatible with older 32 layer 3d nand too.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Right now CPU's with better single core performance and higher IPC's are much better for games. No need to get 8 threaded or 12 threaded processors for gaming. A quad core with high clock speeds will work just fine.

I run a Pentium G4560 with a GTX 1060 6 GB AMP and I can Max out all current FPS games( Battlefield 1, CODIW etc) at 80+ FPS. Only a very few games today are designed to take advantage of more than 4 cores.

OP
sohan_92

sohan_92

In the zone
Right now CPU's with better single core performance and higher IPC's are much better for games. No need to get 8 threaded or 12 threaded processors for gaming. A quad core with high clock speeds will work just fine.

I run a Pentium G4560 with a GTX 1060 6 GB AMP and I can Max out all current FPS games( Battlefield 1, CODIW etc) at 80+ FPS. Only a very few games today are designed to take advantage of more than 4 cores.
Hi, this rig will be used for atleast 5-6 years. I need a future proof and long lasting rig.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi, this rig will be used for atleast 5-6 years. I need a future proof and long lasting rig.

When it comes to non overclocked parts, 2-3 years is the best you can get out of them, even the most powerful ones. It is generally advisable to upgrade in batches. Since you are not overclocking, I wouldn't advise going for Ryzen. Intel outmatches Ryzen by a huge margin if Ryzen is running at base clocks. Right now I would recommend an I3 8100-GTX 1060 Combo, more than enough to run all current games and upcoming games at 60+ FPS for the next 2-3 years. After 3 years you can consider switching to an I5/I7 and GTX 1070/1070 TI depending upon your preference.

All this being said, if you have to absolutely spend 85K, I would recommend upgrading the GPU instead of the CPU. A Core I3 8100 + GTX 1070 would produce higher FPS than an I5 8400/Ryzen 5 1600 + GTX 1060 Combo. For gaming, a good GPU is much more important.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
After 3 years you can consider switching to an I5/I7

You forget that OP has to change the MoBo too since Intel is infamously known to launch new chipsets for new CPUs. Take CoffeLake for example - anyone with Skylake or Kabylake can't upgrade to CFL. But on the other hand AMD has informed that AM4 chipsets will support Ryzen 2 or whatever series they come up with till 2020.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
You forget that OP has to change the MoBo too since Intel is infamously known to launch new chipsets for new CPUs. Take CoffeLake for example - anyone with Skylake or Kabylake can't upgrade to CFL. But on the other hand AMD has informed that AM4 chipsets will support Ryzen 2 or whatever series they come up with till 2020.
Coffee Lake exists only to compete with the overrated extra core configs of RYZEN. If Ryzen hadn't been launched Coffee Lake processors would definitely have been compatible with Kabylake and Skylake motherboards.

Intel had to supply extra power to the extra cores and that is why they needed new motherboards with new pin configurations.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coffee Lake exists only to compete with the overrated extra core configs of RYZEN. If Ryzen hadn't been launched Coffee Lake processors would definitely have been compatible with Kabylake and Skylake motherboards.

Intel had to supply extra power to the extra cores and that is why they needed new motherboards with new pin configurations.
There is no solid evidence for this so you can't make a claim "without ryzen coffee lake processors would definitely be compatible with kabylake & skylake mobo".On the other hand Intel changing the motherboards every 2 CPU generations on average is an established fact.Also extra cores of Ryzen are not overrated,it depends on whether you can make use of them which ordinary/typical consumers doing typical things can't but that doesn't mean extra ryzen cores are overrated.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
There is no solid evidence for this so you can't make a claim "without ryzen coffee lake processors would definitely be compatible with kabylake & skylake mobo".On the other hand Intel changing the motherboards every 2 CPU generations on average is an established fact.Also extra cores of Ryzen are not overrated,it depends on whether you can make use of them which ordinary/typical consumers doing typical things can't but that doesn't mean extra ryzen cores are overrated.

Highly overrated, pretty useless for people who dont overclock, which is the majority of people. The quad core I3 8100 produces more FPS in all games than the Quad Core- Hyper Threaded R5 1400 because the Ryzen needs to be over clocked in order to produce respectable performance. The I3 does so whilst being cheaper than the Ryzen 5 1400.

Majority of the people who buy high end computer parts today are gamers. For such people Ryzen has no benefits unless overclocked. Overclocking is something not everybody is interested in especially given the extra costs of water cooling and liquid cooling.

If Ryzen hadn't been launched, Intel would have launched higher clocked normal quad core-hyper threaded processors which would have been compatible with 200 series motherboards. Can't say the same about 100 series motherboards. Intel had to add hexa cores and octa cores to compete with the marketing gimmick that is Ryzen.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not everybody who buy high-end system is a gamer though I agree a majority might be.Extra cores really help in case of server configurations(& abroad it is not restricted to just business organizations,may people run server at home too),workstations & specialized multi-core utilizing tasks like video encoding.These people are not insignificant in number even if not as big a market as gamers.That is why Intel was forced to add extra cores.If it was just a marketing gimmick Intel wouldn't have done so.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Wow!! That guy sounds like an Intel fan-boy!! What weed was he smoking when he typed "overrated extra core configs of RYZEN"? lol. Kabylake X was a direct response to the Ryzen threat. But that bombed with a huge splatter in Intel's face! I really hope Ryzen 2 becomes more value for money. I want to see what new chipset Intel will launch which most probably will not be compatible with current CFL MoBos.

chelsea_roks

Broken In
Did you build the PC? Ever thougt of buying it in eBay to reduce the price ..I can build the same pic but with 1070 if I buy the cpu and gpu from ebay

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Dishonored 2, Skyrim Special Edition (Modded), Path of Exile, Watching HEVC and 10-bit videos, Heavy Web Browsing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 85K + 2k; can stretch upto 95K if I get all compatible components.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250GB SSD + 2TB HDD ; will be converting my 2TB external to internal

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. I want a 22" FHD monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Already have Speaker, HDD and mouse and Keyboard.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next Month (November)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: will be assembled by my brother and myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bengaluru. Open to both Online and offline.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: UPS is must.
Please suggest compatible RAM for the Mobo so that I can get maximum clocks.
Whenever suggesting local price, please suggest bangalore SP road price instead of other region.
Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom