Gaming PC for 60-65k

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
> no, i5 4570 is not a beast. It can be easily overthrown by the cheaper FX 8350. Though gaming performance is slightly better in case of Intel.

> Now about your calculation:

according to you:-

money saved annually= Rs.6500 => units consumed annually(considering Rs.6/unit)= 1083.33 units/year = 2.968 units/day = 0.12366 units/hour = 123.66 W of power difference between i5 4570 and FX 8350

Are you saying that you PC is running a render while scanning the PC for malware and compiling Firefox at the same time 24X7?

Check here: AMD FX-8350 - Power Consumption | bit-tech.net (althpugh the comparision doesn't involve i5 4570, we can get an approx result by reducing the power consumption of i5 3570k by 20-30%)

At idle, both consume almost same amount of power and even at load there is 96 W of power difference. Now this can lead to ~5k cash saving, but WHO RUNS THEIR PC AT 100% LOAD 24x7x365?

No game used 100% CPU, so anything but Prime95 or non hardware accelerated rendered running 24x7 can make such difference.

In a nutshell, you'r calculation are nowhere near real world PC usage scenarios.

> Overclocking is very safe now. You cannot burn a CPU unless you put it on fire or there is a manufacturing defect in wither CPU, motherboard or PSU.

Once overclocked, it wont underclock when it's idle [as in the case of turbo boost]. Also as far as i remember i pay around 8.5Rs/Unit [noob reliance]
Here are my calcuations:

(6500/8.5)/365 = 2units/Day
On an average i play around 3-6hours per day on weekdays, and 6-14hours per day on weekends..So avg time playing = 6hr per day
So conserding i5-4570 [which is around 67.9W at idle] and an fx 8350 overclocked to 4.5ghz which will be around 135.625W [according to the link u posted]
Difference = 67.725 difference = 0.067725 units/hr for 18hours = 1.22Units/18hours
Now rest 6hours when i am playing games assuming a 50% load on an avg theres a difference of (307W-112W)[at100%]/2[for 50%]
[Yes i know this is an avg and i am pretty sure consumption will be +or-10%]
Difference = 97.15W = 0.09715units/hr for 6hours = 0.09715*6 = 0.583units/6hr

1.22+.583 = 1.803units/day = 658units/year = 5600rs

I used some other source to calculate power consumptions so i got 6500rs

tubelight

Broken In

FX 8350 (13000)
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 (8100)
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz 4 GB (2500)
WD Blue 500 GB (3100)
Zotac GTX 760 2 GB (21000)
Seasonic S12II 520W (4100)
NZXT Gamma (2300)
Dell S2240L (8800)
Lenovo M6811 mice (750)
Any logitech KB (300)
Asus optical drive (1000)

Now going for this config tell me if there is any change :)

Just some info since I bought my PC from nehru place last weekend. I checked CostToCost and SMC International and then decided to buy from SMC. CTC had the Zotac cards and SMC didn't, neither had NZXT cases, SMC didn't stock Seasonic but they got it because I refused to buy a CM PSU from them on the condition that they cant assist me with the PSU if it goes bad. CTC didn't stock Seasonic either.

Where are you planning to buy from? :)

OP
Limitless

Limitless

Journeyman
Actually computer empire in Nehru place has seasonic psu and cost to cost sells everything at very high price next time check computer empire :) or if they don't have I will get corsair gs 600 or 500:thumbup:

tubelight

Broken In
Actually computer empire in Nehru place has seasonic psu and cost to cost sells everything at very high price next time check computer empire :) or if they don't have I will get corsair gs 600 or 500:thumbup:

Yeah, I thought CTC was supposed to be cheap. I've bought from SMC before so I went there. Will check out Computer Empire next time!

OP
Limitless

Limitless

Journeyman
Cost to cost is more costlier because it applies tax in the end of payment and other shopkeepers apply tax on each product due to which the price 1000 to 2000 rs :D

hitman4

In the zone
the sales people at c3c have lot of attitude and ego, so i have never bought any items from them even if they sell it for a gew bucks cheaper than other shop.

tubelight

Broken In
the sales people at c3c have lot of attitude and ego, so i have never bought any items from them even if they sell it for a gew bucks cheaper than other shop.

Indeed, I was getting a quote and they gave me a price on RAM and PSU which was like 800 bucks more than what it was selling for on Flipkart. When I mentioned it, the guy just said "buy it online then". That was when I decided they are not getting my business. SMC on the other hand is very friendly and helpful.

hitman4

In the zone
Indeed, I was getting a quote and they gave me a price on RAM and PSU which was like 800 bucks more than what it was selling for on Flipkart. When I mentioned it, the guy just said "buy it online then". That was when I decided they are not getting my business. SMC on the other hand is very friendly and helpful.

true that smc guy is really nice but he forces to buy cm psu's as according to him they are better than corsairs.. lol

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
true that smc guy is really nice but he forces to buy cm psu's as according to him they are better than corsairs.. lol

that depend on the models also. most of the pc shops keeps CM psus and many varieties of local psus:p

tubelight

Broken In

Yeah! He was upselling CM to me also. I said CM series is pretty bad so he said get the gold 80+ PSU in CM, I said are you giving it to me for 5k? :p

We were having a good discussion about how SMC should start stocking Corsair and Seasonic :p

Nighthawk12

In the zone
> no, i5 4570 is not a beast. It can be easily overthrown by the cheaper FX 8350. Though gaming performance is slightly better in case of Intel.

> Now about your calculation:

according to you:-

money saved annually= Rs.6500 => units consumed annually(considering Rs.6/unit)= 1083.33 units/year = 2.968 units/day = 0.12366 units/hour = 123.66 W of power difference between i5 4570 and FX 8350

Are you saying that you PC is running a render while scanning the PC for malware and compiling Firefox at the same time 24X7?

Check here: AMD FX-8350 - Power Consumption | bit-tech.net (althpugh the comparision doesn't involve i5 4570, we can get an approx result by reducing the power consumption of i5 3570k by 20-30%)

At idle, both consume almost same amount of power and even at load there is 96 W of power difference. Now this can lead to ~5k cash saving, but WHO RUNS THEIR PC AT 100% LOAD 24x7x365?

No game used 100% CPU, so anything but Prime95 or non hardware accelerated rendered running 24x7 can make such difference.

In a nutshell, you'r calculation are nowhere near real world PC usage scenarios.

> Overclocking is very safe now. You cannot burn a CPU unless you put it on fire or there is a manufacturing defect in wither CPU, motherboard or PSU.
I'd disagree with you on this, I mean comparison.
i5 4570 takes zero to no power when idle and whereas FX 8350 takes power.
i5 4570 is better at gaming than FX 8350(Not overclocked) while having MUCH lesser power consumption. Even if you OC your FX 8350 to 4.5 or 4.8 ghz to match the performance of an i5 4570 and it will take about 140W extra than i5 4570. And by no means i5 4570 can be thrown away by a FX 8350 LOL and his PC is for gaming FFS.

BUT I'd also suggest you to go for FX 8350 since at your budget you can't afford i5 with a good powerful GPU. So going with a FX 8350 is a no brainer :p.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I'd disagree with you on this, I mean comparison.
i5 4570 takes zero to no power when idle and whereas FX 8350 takes power.
i5 4570 is better at gaming than FX 8350(Not overclocked) while having MUCH lesser power consumption. Even if you OC your FX 8350 to 4.5 or 4.8 ghz to match the performance of an i5 4570 and it will take about 140W extra than i5 4570. And by no means i5 4570 can be thrown away by a FX 8350 LOL and his PC is for gaming FFS.

BUT I'd also suggest you to go for FX 8350 since at your budget you can't afford i5 with a good powerful GPU. So going with a FX 8350 is a no brainer :p.

show me the proof. which cpu is capable of idling in zero power??? it should be atleast 30 watts from cpu itself.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Where to buy from advice. : 4 months back i bought an intel rig from nehru place:

Processor: INTEL I5-3570K
Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud3h
RAM : Gskill ripjaws x 4 gb
PSU : corsair gs600
Cabinet: Cooler master haf 912 usb 3.0 (with side window)
Monitor: Dell s2240l

I first went to smc but they did not have the corsair Psu or the cooler master haf 912 with side window (which is apparently their specialty) then i tried cost to cost -EGO AND HIGH PRICES !

So i called a friend a bought a pc 1 year back from nehru place and he told me to go to a shop by the name of Mass computers.
It had everything i needed,the salesman tried to push me to buy an Asrock motherboard but when i gave him my reasons he calmly listened and agreed.Then i was directed to go to the owner for the billIing. That man was by far the most educated and friendly shop owner in Nehru PLace.

1)Reasonable prices.
2)Friendly and understanding salesperson
3)They are the sole distributors of NXZT cases in Nehru place(and i guess Delhi)
4)Huge variety (specially in cases)
I recommend it. :)

Top Bottom