1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:
gaming.each and every single game available(or will be available in next 1-2 years) for pc, on med-high-ultra settings, no exceptions. some photoshop, office 2013

usual net surfing and watching movies in full hd.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans:
50k, can extend upto max 52k, not more....

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans:
not now, but in future, yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans:
windows 7 x64 or windows 8 x64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans:
500gb-1tb, + ssd if needed

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans:
yep, buying moniter, full hd led 20-22 inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans:
graphic card, my brother is going to give me hd 7850 or 7870, so i'll be using it....

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans:
before 31st december...

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans:
i've built it in the lab so, i'm going to build it my self with help of videos(if needed), or by an assembler if it become too complex...

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans:
i am from vadodara, and i can buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans.
i have actually selected some componants...more suggestions are welcome, and i'm really confused
MoBo : ASRock Z77 Pro4 OR ASRock Z77 Xtreme4
Processor : Intel Core i5 3570K/3770K
Cabinet : Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat, Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus
RAM : G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB x 2 OR 4 GB x 2
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 x 2 OR 4 GB x 2(depends on budget)
PSU : Seasonic S12II 520 Watts, Seasonic S12II 620 Watts, Seasonic ECO 600

thanks in advance for replies...

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
ComponentNamePrice
CPUCore i5 3570K14,000
MotherboardASUS P8Z77-M11,000
RAMG.Skill RipjawsX 1600 MHz 8GB (2x4GB) (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)3,400
PSUCorsair GS5004,000
CabinetCM HAF 912 Combat4,500
HDDSeagate Barracuda 1TB4,400
MonitorAOC 21.5 inch LED - I2251FW9,000
Optical DriveAny Asus/LG DVD Writer900
CPU CoolerDeepcool ICEEDGE 400 XT2,000
Keyboard / MouseLogitech Gaming Combo G1001,600
SpeakerLogitech Z313 2.12,000
Total56,800

OP
S

Shivam Pancholi

Broken In
awesome table @mandarpalshikar.....

some queries,
there r two varient with of ASUS P8Z77-M , standard and pro with price difference is 300 rs, which one is better and why?
also about mobo, the asrock z77 pro4 is looking good at around 8-8.5 k bucks, so if i buy it, will it have any problems? because i've seen some very good reviews about it....
i know asus is no.1 mobo manufacture, but i just want to know the main advantages of giving 2.5-3k extra bucks to asus......

hdd choice is awesome, i'm gonna get it, 7200rpm at 4.4k :D

about psu, Seasonic S12II 520 Watts is at 4.1k here in one of the shops, so can i go with it? also 520(or 500) watts will be enough for hd 7870 or 7850?

now AOC 21.5 inch LED - I2251FW, is available at fk @8.9k, but there is LG 21.5 inch LED - E2242C @9.1k and Samsung 21.5 inch LED - S22B370H @9.5k...s, which of these is better?

is cpu cooler currently needed, as i'm not going to overclock for atleast 5-6 months, so i can buy it later...is the stock cooler good for 6-8 hours of daily gaming?

everything else is awesome, thanks again for reply.....

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
1. If diff is only 300k between M and M-pro then go for M pro as its has got better audio chipset and more ports such as USB, etc.
2. Asus mobos have the best build quality so spending extra 2k on it will ensure that yout mobo lasts long and don't give you any trouble. 1st choice should be Asus then Gigabyte & MSI and then ASRock. ASRock is relatively new company compared to others. VRM on asrock mobos in lower price brackets are not good compared to Asus. So its better to go for Asus mobo than ASRock at this price since you are thinking about OCing in future.
3. Seasonic might have warranty issues in case of replacements. recommended PSU for 7870 is 500W officially by AMD.
4. Pick any monitor that suits you aesthetically... like shape / glossiness, etc.
5. Stock cooler is a horror story. So get the aftermarket cooler right away and don't ever install the stock one he he he :)

OP
S

Shivam Pancholi

Broken In
hey thanks for quick reply,
i'm hoping for price drops.. :D(as there is min 10 days till i buy the system)
can you suggest any other cpu cooler,then deepcool(looks new company to me), also the cooler you suggested is big in size, so won't it block one of the ram slot?
some coolers i think good are CM Hyper 212 EVO(2.1k), CM Vortex Plus(1.9k),CM Hyper 212 plus(2.4k), i don't mind to go with deepcool(as long as its good), but i want to be sure.....
thanks again...

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Alternative is CM Hyper 212 EVO, I'm using it myself.... but all these coolers will block first RAM slot if you don't chose low-profile memory. I use G.Skill Sniper series RAM which is low-profile. It fits in very well with 212. But you can use other slots for dual channel memory performance. Seldom you would be using all 4 slots.. right?
Deepcool is a good company as well. Don't worry about there quality.

OP
S

Shivam Pancholi

Broken In
hey guys, thanks for reply again....
so, i'll buy either CM evo 212 or Deepcool ICEEDGE 400 XT...
about low profile memory, isn't Gskill RipjawsX has low profile spreaders?(or am i misunderstanding something:?:)....

about memory...can i order two of these
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL): Flipkart.com

or one of these

G.Skill Sniper DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR): Flipkart.com

or

G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL): Flipkart.com

which of these is better, and why 2x4 gb "bundle" is more expensive then buying 2 4gb sticks seperately?

thanks again....

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
2 x 4Gb are expensive since they act in dual channel mode providing a bit more memory bandwidth compared to single stick 4gb. I'm personally using the Snipers but people have reported that RipjawsX performs better.
And yes both of them will fit with Hyper 212 without issues. Sniper is a bit less in height compared to RipjawsX.

OP
S

Shivam Pancholi

Broken In
thanks for reply,
so if i buy two 4gb sticks, each priced at 1498 rs, it'll be 2996 rs, so it'll be cheaper then 2x4gb combo(3348 rs).
my question is, will it impact the performance at any level? or i'll get the same performance?

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Its not like that... when they sell you 2x 4gb sticks in one packet they are tested to work with each other to give you dual channel performance. So they are called paired sticks.
If you buy them separately like you said... they may not work in dual channel mode if they don't match :)

Neo

Yea, ripjawsx > sniper for gaming, whereas sniper > ripjawsx for over locking.
The two 8 GB ( 4GB * 2 ) kit costs more because it can be used in dual channel to get twice the bandwidth. Technically, two 4GB sticks of the same model separately should work fine in dual channel but getting the 4gb * 2 kit ensures better compatibility. Get it from primeabgb.com @ 2.7k.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Yea, ripjawsx > sniper for gaming, whereas sniper > ripjawsx for over locking.
The two 8 GB ( 4GB * 2 ) kit costs more because it can be used in dual channel to get twice the bandwidth. Technically, two 4GB sticks of the same model separately should work fine in dual channel but getting the 4gb * 2 kit ensures better compatibility. Get it from primeabgb.com @ 2.7k.

Found out that even Sniper is very bad at OCing... I couldn't get my sticks to OC :(

Anyways now have bought G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB 2400MHz CL10 kit. Waiting for it to get in my hands in 2 days. :)

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Bought it from newegg.com... my friend was in US last week... he'll come back tomorrow night.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-16GTX

Costed 140 USD i.e. 7.5K INR only

gameranand

Living to Play
Bought it from newegg.com... my friend was in US last week... he'll come back tomorrow night.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-16GTX

Costed 140 USD i.e. 7.5K INR only

Whats its price in India ??

Top Bottom