Gaming pc at 35k

OP
RON28

RON28

Cyborg Agent
pls post link for AMd 960t processor and mobo :) and also for 500GB HDD :)

i found the difference between Intel i5 2320 and AMD960t

here it is PassMark - Intel Core i5-2320 @ 3.00GHz - Price performance comparison

PassMark - AMD Phenom II X4 960T - Price performance comparison

there is a huge difference but i know my monitor resoltuion is 1366x768 with 7750 gpu...so should i choose 960t or i5 2320?

gt@_guy

Broken In
i suggest going for AMD . Rather than intel .... it will save ur money .
---
mobo - ASUS M5A88-M Motherboard @ 5.2k from Flipkart .
processor - AMD Phenom II 960T OR AMD Phenom II 970T for 6.9k and 7.6k @ flipkart .
RAM - TWO PIECES OF - G.Skill RipjawsX 4 GB RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) for 1.5k each @ flipkart
GPU - considering u will play @ full HD res then - Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6850 1 GB GDDR5 for 9k @ Flipkart .

TOTAL = around 22k to 27k
Rest of the things u decide . :p
BTW i suggest u to don't wait for new gpu or processors coz everyday new tech comes . live in todays standards . when it will be the time to upgrade the get something of that time's standard . MAN ALWAYS WANTS MORE N MORE :p

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
pls post link for AMd 960t processor and mobo :) and also for 500GB HDD :)

i found the difference between Intel i5 2320 and AMD960t

here it is PassMark - Intel Core i5-2320 @ 3.00GHz - Price performance comparison

PassMark - AMD Phenom II X4 960T - Price performance comparison

there is a huge difference but i know my monitor resoltuion is 1366x768 with 7750 gpu...so should i choose 960t or i5 2320?

Look, Phenom X4 960T is a lower performer than i5 2320 and somewhat at par or better than i3 2100. The thing is, in gaming you don't need a very powerfull CPU, as GPU does the most calculations at high resolution. Also, no need to stick with 1366x768. I have already suggested a 21.5" 1080p monitor in the above reply.

Phenom X4 960T

500GB WD Caviar Blue

I would suggest you again carefully read my post above. All answers are there. :) With around 40K, you will be getting a much much better graphics card than HD7750, a 1080p monitor, and ofcourse a great gaming rig on the whole. What's more, if you get lucky, you might even unlock the hidden 2 cores in Phenom X4 960T !

Also, if you go for HD6850, you can comfortably reduce your total costs below 40K :) Just get an AMD based rig I suggested, no need to get in the roots of Trinity and stuff :D

Last edited:
OP
RON28

RON28

Cyborg Agent
just now i decided to go with desijatt config but now one of my friend says that the given pc config wiil cost you enough on your electricity bill. he says to get an Asus laptop instead with gt 540m or 630m. is it true? :( again im sad :(

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
just now i decided to go with desijatt config but now one of my friend says that the given pc config wiil cost you enough on your electricity bill. he says to get an Asus laptop instead with gt 540m or 630m. is it true? :( again im sad :(

Gaming PC's have to eat power. Desijatt's config is an AMD Quad-Core(amd phenoms are notorious for power guzzling,but this is the cheapest quadie) and a latest graphic card(HD 7850) this config will give you power to play games in thier HD-eyegasmic ;-) glory
a laptop CANNOT match the power of this kind of desktop
believe me gt540m + a dual core i5/i3m dosen't let you play games in thier full glory :sad:
dont listen to your nooblet friend

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!

First of all, do specify which configuration are you going for? The first one or the second one? Because I suggested 2 :D

Next, over the power consumption, the first rig, with HD7850, on maximum load will pull around 450W. That is just OK for a gaming rig.

Buying a laptop specifically for gaming is never recommended here, so ditch that idea.

Gaming PC's have to eat power. Desijatt's config is an AMD Quad-Core(amd phenoms are notorious for power guzzling,but this is the cheapest quadie) and a latest graphic card(HD 7850) this config will give you power to play games in thier HD-eyegasmic ;-) glory
a laptop CANNOT match the power of this kind of desktop
believe me gt540m + a dual core i5/i3m dosen't let you play games in thier full glory :sad:
dont listen to your nooblet friend

This.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Dell has a bad habit of giving refurbished product on RMA so i suggest u stay away from them...quality Of LG is decent so could be a good choice...

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
As CommanderShawnzer already stated, GT540 or GT630M are nowhere near the graphics card you are buying with your PC. Just no comparison. Decide first, Do you need a (non gaming, ofcourse) laptop (40K+)? Do you need a gaming PC(40K)? Do you need a gaming laptop? (70K+)?

Choose any one option and state your budget. You certainly can't shell out 70k+ for a gaming laptop, that's for sure. Buying a 40K laptop will only help you with daily work, without any gaming. PC will do both. Your Wish.

Talking about electricity thingy, here's my calculation method for that part -

Look, as I mentioned earlier, your PC will take up approximately 450W on full load. Now, 0.450KW*1 Hour = 0.45 KWH or BOTU or Unit.

Now, 1 Unit is approximately 5-6 rupees, depending on the area you live. Let's take it 7 rupees. Now, 0.45*7 = 3.15 Rupees per HOUR.

Let's suppose you use computer 5 hours a day, 5*3.15 = 15.75 Rupees per DAY.

In 1 Month, 30*15.75 = 472 Rupees per Month.

In my opinion, this bill is quite reasonable seeing that you are using your Gaming PC, at FULL LOAD, 5 Hours DAILY.

I personally used this method to calculate costs for my new gaming rig :)

NOTE - This method of calculation is very approximate in nature, real world usage, per unit costs, and load variability will change.

OP
RON28

RON28

Cyborg Agent
i liked your second config :D and thanks for replying about electricity bill :D i know even a laptop GT 580M can't beat HD 6850 :D I need to buy a table for pc...can we still reduce cost to 1k to 2k :p oopps sorry you already helped a lot do reply for this one also...you know if you have an account on TDF then your loads of tension reduces :D

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
i liked your second config :D and thanks for replying about electricity bill :D i know even a laptop GT 580M can't beat HD 6850 :D I need to buy a table for pc...can we still reduce cost to 1k to 2k :p oopps sorry you already helped a lot do reply for this one also...you know if you have an account on TDF then your loads of tension reduces :D

Great you decided on the second rig :)

On the computer table part, ask your Mom and Dad to buy you one out of your budget :D I did the same, my parents got me the computer table for 4k which was not included in my budget ofcourse :) After all it's a furniture item, and you don't pay for the furniture do you? :p

Reducing any further will leave you with a low performing graphics card. Nothing else can be dumbed down from that configuration. Still if you are so much tight, then go for HD6850 for 8.5K. You'll save around 2.5K. But remember, you are also shredding a great part from the performance bank too.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

If you worry about electricity bill, then desktop is not the thing for you. Buy a laptop, which will consume 90Watt at max, be happy while saving electricity.
Oh yes, forget gaming. :p

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@desi jatt the cabinet which you have mentioned elite 311...does it have usb 3.0?

Although the question is not meant for me, I would like to answer this. The answer would be: No. Elite 311 have 2xUSB2.0 at the front panel along with normal buttons (i.e. ON/OFF, restart, audio port).

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
^^ True, @RON28, d6bmg answered your question. Also, your motherboard will have back USB 3.0 ports, so you won't miss them completely. Moreover, USB 3.0 devices are yet to become mainstream, so there is still considerable time before you start plugging in some USB 3.0 devices in your PC :)

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^ True, @RON28, d6bmg answered your question. Also, your motherboard will have back USB 3.0 ports, so you won't miss them completely. Moreover, USB 3.0 devices are yet to become mainstream, so there is still considerable time before you start plugging in some USB 3.0 devices in your PC :)

are u sure?
they have became mainstream IMHO...its just that Intel was late to the party...

OP
RON28

RON28

Cyborg Agent
@desijatt got confused again :( pls post the link of 2nd config of cabinet, psu, mobo and speakers :)

and does the mobo you suggested have usb 3.0? :) i saw ur config...which is that mobo u have? :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ In which city do you live?

Try to buy everything from local market if you live in one of the metros or Bangalore. You will get everything cheaper than online price.

About Gigabyte G880GM-USB3,
it have 2x USB3.0 at the back panel (the model name USB3 suggest that it have USB3.0).

Top Bottom