Gaming PC ~80k

n3nimbus

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: 1. Mostly games like BF4, AC, CS:GO, Titanfall and many upcoming AAA titles
2. 24*7 downloading rig
3. Watching HD movies

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: ~75 but can extend a bit if required

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1tb (already own a hdd)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor?
Ans: Yes. 23" preferably. 1920*1080. Decided on Asus PA238Q ~17.5k. Please consider this in your build

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, Speakers, Headphones, Mouse, Keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Mid-March so need to start planning and saving up if I fix on a config :D

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will ask the guy at the shop (Lamington Road, Mumbai) to do it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai. Will buy from Lamington road. Also open to online purchase

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
Since I stay in Mumbai its very hot and humid, so should I go for a liquid cooled system or air cooling? Please suggest what is the best I can go for

I will go to Dubai or Europe in March so should I get the parts from there? They say the warranty is world-wide but from what I hear the distributors here do not accept the parts and I will need to courier them to Dubai/Europe in case of any issues. Do suggest if you have any ideas on this.

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
i5 4570 @ 14k

CM Hyper tx3 @ 1.5k

Asus H87-Pro @ 10k

Kingston Hyperx blue/red 4gb x 2 1600mhz @ 5.6k

Sapphire/Asus/HIS R9 280x 3GB @ 22k

Seasonic s12ii 620 @ 5.5k

Nzxt Phantom 410 white Case @ 6k

Dell s2440l Led @ 12k

Asus 24x Dvd @ 1k

Since I stay in Mumbai its very hot and humid, so should I go for a liquid cooled system or air cooling? Please suggest what is the best I can go for

I will go to Dubai or Europe in March so should I get the parts from there? They say the warranty is world-wide but from what I hear the distributors here do not accept the parts and I will need to courier them to Dubai/Europe in case of any issues. Do suggest if you have any ideas on this.

No need of water cooling for non-oc cpu. LOL , A basic cooler is enough

you will not get warranty here if you get from dubai

or europe

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4570 - 13.8k
asus h87 pro - 10k
hyper 101 evo - 1.1k
kingston hyperx blu 2X 4gb - 5k
sapphire r9 290 TRI-X - 36.8k
asus odd - 1k
seasonic s12 ii 620 - 5.5k
antec gx700 -4k
dell s2240l -8.6k
logitech g105 - 2.8k
logitech g400s -2k
if you have elcheapo k/b or mouse, these two will be miles better. also dont purchase from abroad if you need warranty here.

Last edited:
OP
N

n3nimbus

i5 4570 @ 14k

CM Hyper tx3 @ 1.5k

Asus H87-Pro @ 10k

Kingston Hyperx blue/red 4gb x 2 1600mhz @ 5.6k

Sapphire/Asus/HIS R9 280x 3GB @ 22k

Seasonic s12ii 620 @ 5.5k

Nzxt Phantom 410 white Case @ 6k

Dell s2440l Led @ 12k

Asus 24x Dvd @ 1k

No need of water cooling for non-oc cpu. LOL , A basic cooler is enough

you will not get warranty here if you get from dubai

or europe

Thank you for your reply. I am probably gonna go for an Asus PA238Q as my monitor which is around ~17.5k. Please do consider that in the build. Sorry updated that just now. Could tell me the difference between the Kingston HyperX blue/Corsair Vengeance/Gskill RipjawsX. I understand that all are different companies but the prices are quite apart. Does the Gskill justify its high price?
Any other cabinet in black? Just checked and the Phantom does not come in black :(

OP
N

n3nimbus

i5 4570 - 13.8k
asus h87 pro - 10k
hyper 101 evo - 1.1k
kingston hyperx blu 2X 4gb - 5k
asus r9 290 - 34.5k
asus odd - 1k
seasonic s12 ii 620 - 5.5k
antec gx700 -4k
dell s2240l -8.6k
logitech g105 - 2.8k
logitech g400s -2k
if you have elcheapo k/b or mouse, these two will be miles better. also dont purchase from abroad if you need warranty here.

Thank you for your reply. Already have a SteelSeries as well as a Razer setup for the mouse and keyboard. :D
Probably will go with the 280X rather than the 290 as bechies show only a maximum 3-4 fps more that too in some cases and that really doesn't justify the increase in price. Also I decided on the screen which has been updated in the original post.
Also, I see many suggesting the same mobo worth 10k? Any other cheap option or would I lose a lot if i downgrade from this to say a 8k mobo? @rijinpk1 if you could also shed some light on this please

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Mid-March so need to start planning and saving up if I fix on a config :grin:

You are asking too early. Start the thread just 1-2 weeks before you intend to make the purchase.

OP
N

n3nimbus

You are asking too early. Start the thread just 1-2 weeks before you intend to make the purchase.

Haha. I thought so myself but then I need to start saving up for it so decided to start a thread to get a head-start on the parts I need and how much I need exactly. :) BTW any major changes coming up in the next 1.5 months that I should be aware of?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you for your reply. Already have a SteelSeries as well as a Razer setup for the mouse and keyboard. :D
Probably will go with the 280X rather than the 290 as bechies show only a maximum 3-4 fps more that too in some cases and that really doesn't justify the increase in price. Also I decided on the screen which has been updated in the original post.
Also, I see many suggesting the same mobo worth 10k? Any other cheap option or would I lose a lot if i downgrade from this to say a 8k mobo? @rijinpk1 if you could also shed some light on this please

ok. then skip mouse and k/b. it is not just 3-4fps difference between them.AnandTech | Bench - GPU14 . tri-x version will be much better. even asus b85 m g or gigabyte h87 d3h/b85m d3h will do. but since you have the budget, i still suggest asus h87 pro.

Haha. I thought so myself but then I need to start saving up for it so decided to start a thread to get a head-start on the parts I need and how much I need exactly. :) BTW any major changes coming up in the next 1.5 months that I should be aware of?

> 74k will be absolutely fine.

> You will NOT get any warranty in India for parts purchased from outside of India.

OP
N

n3nimbus

ok. then skip mouse and k/b. it is not just 3-4fps difference between them.AnandTech | Bench - GPU14 . tri-x version will be much better. even asus b85 m g or gigabyte h87 d3h/b85m d3h will do. but since you have the budget, i still suggest asus h87 pro.

Will take that into consideration. Sticking with the Asus H87 pro then. Thanks :)

OP
N

n3nimbus

Ohh btw I checked the 280x toxic edition (which is the fastest factory overclocked 280x in market) with the 290. The difference is just 3-4 fps then. :) Anyways, I see what you meant by its not just about the fps. A 290 will be future proof. Will try to fit a Sapphire 290 into my budget if I can. Thanks for all the help :)

Top Bottom