Gaming PC 60k

kiddarkness

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Only gaming. Building the rig to play BF4 and watchdogs and anythig else that comes out in 2014

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60000 Max (buying Sept first week) 70000 Max (buying Oct First week)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Later On

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7/8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500 gb max

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Need a monitor. I want to play games at 1080p with all settings maxed out.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As stated in the budget column, prefered buy is Sept 1st week with a budget of 60k, but if you guys feel an extra 10 k can make a huge difference, I can go for Oct 1st week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Never built once before. Still searching for an assembler from either Chennai or Cochin.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Chennai ( and few days a month in cochin). Would buy from local or online as advised buy you guys

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The only purpose of this system is playing games. Also, this might be a noob question, but I need to able to use wifi on my system, as we use a router from the main room to get internet to all our bedrooms. I can mix and match my preferences for the sake of the CPU, as in, i can opt to buy a good mouse n keyboard later on to satisfy a better CPU. I hope all of the above is clear enough, if anyone would like to assemble my PC, please do PM me.

amjath

Human Spambot
Also dollar price is high now, you can expect anything in a month time so wait as harshil said

OP
K

kiddarkness

Thanks for the response guys... yeah.. I will wait for a while till the dollar dates come down..
I have a doubt, this has got to do with resolution and graphics cards.. I went through the forums here and tomshardware and found people saying that some cards like 680/690/7990 are overkill for a 1080p monitor... could anyone care to explain this?ofcourse I first searchd online for an answer, but I ran into many tech stuff which i didnt really understand..

also, which card would enable the best performance out of a 1080p monitor.... I am opting for a dell s2240l monitor, which seems to be the best choise among you guys :)

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the response guys... yeah.. I will wait for a while till the dollar dates come down..
I have a doubt, this has got to do with resolution and graphics cards.. I went through the forums here and tomshardware and found people saying that some cards like 680/690/7990 are overkill for a 1080p monitor... could anyone care to explain this?ofcourse I first searchd online for an answer, but I ran into many tech stuff which i didnt really understand..

also, which card would enable the best performance out of a 1080p monitor.... I am opting for a dell s2240l monitor, which seems to be the best choise among you guys :)
err! by current estimates dollar will surpass Rs.70 by december.
the cards you have mentioned may be overkill for now but next year these will be delivering comparable performance to then highend cards. Though I would suggest stick with a single gpu card. But if you are considering SLI then get 760SLI.

Please kindly get a wired connection.

Last edited:
OP
K

kiddarkness

err! by current estimates dollar will surpass Rs.70 by december.
the cards you have mentioned may be overkill for now but next year these will be delivering comparable performance to then highend cards. Though I would suggest stick with a single gpu card. But if you are considering SLI then get 760SLI.

Please kindly get a wired connection.

RBI is planning to sell some bonds in august.. supposedly will help the dollar rates.. Im not really considering SLI at this point.. although, as you said.. next year this time if a single card becomes obsolete.. I rather make an SLI configuration now and add the second card later.. :) but I wont be able to get the second card till december.. primary pc in Oct with one card.. and then the second card later in december/jan...
do you think its possible? I know cards can change/upgraded rather fast.. also, I would love if this rig can last for 2-3 years.. and in that, 2 years of gaming in maximum detail... only interested in single monitor setup tho..

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
yeah in future proofing a 760SLI will outlast a 770.

I don't yet know what will be the effect of the new consoles on PC gpus we just have to wait to see it.

Top Bottom