Gaming PC 45k - extended to 60k

Killerswan

Broken In
Hi,

Had bought a pc 5yrs ago using advice from you guys. Its still working great. Thanks a ton to all !

However now i need a new one for myself. Pure gaming and nothing else.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I play a variety of strategy games like Europa Universalis and Total war series. However, I do play graphic intensive games like Battlefield and COD occasionally. Ultra graphics is not any issue for me, but the game should run smooth.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:45k. Max 50k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: not really, no.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes i would require a monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: need all components except speakers and mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: whenever you think is a good time :)... I mean, im not in a hurry.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I live in Mumbai. Shall buy it from prime abgb and assemble it there itself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai - Prime abgb. Can buy online as well.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -53K

AMD Ryzen 3 1300 -10500,
Asus Prime A320M-K -5000,
Corsair Value Series 8GB 3000Mhz -5500,
Corsair CX550 -4500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
Zotac GTX1050Ti 4GB Mini -11000,
Logitech MK200 KB/Mouse Combo -1000.
TOTAL -53,000.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Build it in Feb /march .. Wait for Cheap 8th gen h310 boards and 2nd gen Ryzen processors to launch first

OP
Killerswan

Killerswan

Broken In
Build it in Feb /march .. Wait for Cheap 8th gen h310 boards and 2nd gen Ryzen processors to launch first

I wish i could wait that long, but i will end up spending the money i saved for this.

Need to build this within a month.

OP
Killerswan

Killerswan

Broken In
Budget -53K

AMD Ryzen 3 1300 -10500,
Asus Prime A320M-K -5000,
Corsair Value Series 8GB 3000Mhz -5500,
Corsair CX550 -4500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
Zotac GTX1050Ti 4GB Mini -11000,
Logitech MK200 KB/Mouse Combo -1000.
TOTAL -53,000.

How is this combo :

1. AMD Ryzen 5 1400 - 12,600
2. GIGABYTE GA-AB350-GAMING 3 AM4 AMD RYZEN - 9,800
3. Zotac GTX1050Ti 4GB Mini -11000,

Is it any better than the ones you mentioned? (graphic card is the same)

The above three cost approx Rs. 33400/- . Theres a difference of 7k from your config. Is it worth it?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Just wait for a month or two, i5 8400 obliterates ryzen 5 1400, AND has integrated graphics.
Going for that and a cheap Rs 5k motherboard would not only save you money but also give you performance equivalent to a Ryzen 5 1600

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't get mini versions for gaming,better get regular size ones.Also Asus is considered better than Zotac on an average regarding graphics card.Also do proper research on mobo & ram compatibility for Ryzen systems as not all rams will run at their rated speeds on all Ryzen compatible mobos.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Don't get mini versions for gaming,better get regular size ones.Also Asus is considered better than Zotac on an average regarding graphics card.Also do proper research on mobo & ram compatibility for Ryzen systems as not all rams will run at their rated speeds on all Ryzen compatible mobos.
I agree on not going for mini version for below 1070 range. The minis after 1070 give you two fans instead of one, it runs cooler and faster than founders edition.
I cannot comment if the same is true for 1060 and below.

But do consider the fact that Zotac gives you 2 additional years of warranty, which not only insures your costs, regardless of how bad their service is, but also increases the selling price should you choose to sell it off after 3 years.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as I know all regular/mini versions of 1050Ti are single fan only & that in itself is not a bad thing as 1050Ti doesn't really need 2 fans,just 1 good fan is enough.However mini versions of 1050Ti are usually clocked a little lower than regular size versions while priced almost same as regular versions so unless one is looking to install a 1050Ti in a small cabinet,I don't see any point in going for it.

I know about Zotac warranty but the thing is I have heard from some people as well as read some reviews that Zotac will reject RMA claims citing even minor things as "physical damage" which are to be expected from a graphics card in use for 3 years so effectively the warranty may be considered as 3 years only.

OP
Killerswan

Killerswan

Broken In
Just wait for a month or two, i5 8400 obliterates ryzen 5 1400, AND has integrated graphics.
Going for that and a cheap Rs 5k motherboard would not only save you money but also give you performance equivalent to a Ryzen 5 1600

I5 8400 is currently available at 14.5k.

Buy Online | Intel Core I5-8400 2.80 GHz Coffee Lake-S 8TH GEN Processor | Price in India

Can u suggest a mobo along with that?
Also, i will need a graphics card for games coz i dont think the internal card which u mentioned will be able to play high end games.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Also, i will need a graphics card for games coz i dont think the internal card which u mentioned will be able to play high end games.

Yeah absolutely, but having an integrated GPU is a good thing, if your main GPU gets kaput.

Right now the H and B series 8th gen motherboard hasnt launched yet. Its reportedly launching in january along with Intel i5 8500.
Would suggest waiting for that, since its very close.

OP
Killerswan

Killerswan

Broken In

Yeah absolutely, but having an integrated GPU is a good thing, if your main GPU gets kaput.

Right now the H and B series 8th gen motherboard hasnt launched yet. Its reportedly launching in january along with Intel i5 8500.
Would suggest waiting for that, since its very close.

Yes you are correct. Would need an internal card if the main dies.

Ill wait till jan then for the mobo to be released.

OP
Killerswan

Killerswan

Broken In
I dont mind going for this if its any better than the one releasing in Jan:

Buy Online | Asus STRIX-Z370-H-GAMING Intel Z370 Motherboard | Price in India

It will support i5 8400. Ill save money on graphics card by going for a second hand one and then replacing it after a year.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I dont mind going for this if its any better than the one releasing in Jan:

Buy Online | Asus STRIX-Z370-H-GAMING Intel Z370 Motherboard | Price in India

It will support i5 8400. Ill save money on graphics card by going for a second hand one and then replacing it after a year.
Do not get a Z370 mobo since you aren't going to overclock that 8400.

OP
Killerswan

Killerswan

Broken In
Oh ok...so my only option seems to be waiting for it....

Or is there any other mobo which pairs with i5 8400?

ssb1551

Technomancer
I think you are still confused. There are only Z series MoBo available in the market for 8th gen core series CPUs NOW. But Z series are for those who wanna overclock. Like @Nerevarine said - H & B series will be launched in Jan/Feb so wait till then. As of NOW no options other than Z.

OP
Killerswan

Killerswan

Broken In
Why does God test my patience everytime i buy a pc :cryeyesout::cryeyesout::cryeyesout::duh2::duh2:

"Wait for a while, something new is just around the corner":hissyfit:

Top Bottom