Gaming pad (max 2.5k)

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I am looking for a gaming pad (like those with xbox / PS3, etc.) for my PC - wireless one. I would be playing crysis 2 and similar games and may be something like NFS. I have never used one before so I have no clue about the price and compatibility here.

I am using a PC with Windows 7 HP 64bit, Core i5, H67, 6850 toxic, 4GB DDR3 Gskill RAM.

I googled for the same and came across some wireless models from Logitech and Microsoft Xbox controller. My budget is around Rs.2-2.5k and should have vibration feedback. Please advice.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ get MS XBox 360 controller for windows :

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows | Microsoft Hardware

NitrousNavneet

Racing 24X7
I have Frontech 3d gaming pad in Rs 400, It vibrates also
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/_9j2IZGCaCl8/TcDLOud61XI/AAAAAAAAAE8/zXDt2gWgNGY/s640/100_4310.jpgo>
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/_9j2IZGCaCl8/TcDLmih4zhI/AAAAAAAAAFA/4-UbrNREB_I/s512/100_4309.jpg

^^ get MS XBox 360 controller for windows :

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows | Microsoft Hardware
It looks so ugly>>>>
*www.krunker.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/WindowsLiveWriter/MicrosoftXbox360WirelessControllerforWin_AE26/new%20xbox%20wireless%20controller_thumb.jpg

d3p

PowerHouse
@NitrousNavneet: I hope you understand the difference between

Wired & Wireless.

Microsoft Products vs Frontech Products.

2years warranty vs unknown warranty

Quality product vs elcheapo & random bsod's after frequent usages.

@OP: Go with Microsoft XBox 360 Controller Wireless or wired, both are worth of the money.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thnx for the inputs everyone. Will check it out at landmark / croma store in Mumbai.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ NitrousNavneet - like d3p5kor said you can't compare a frontech PS2 clone gamepad with MS Xbox 630 controller and Op has asked for wireless controller anyway.

Another fact is a wide range of games support Xbox 360 controller and you don't have to set up it manually but that's can'tbe said about 400 bucks gamepad and personally I think that xbox 360 looks cool.

BTW, For your information - I've seen that frontech gamepad is retailing around ~ Rs. 250 ;-)

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
yup, Xbox 360 controller wireless is what you should go for as it is supported out-of-the-box by a very wide range of games.

It looks so ugly>>>>
*www.krunker.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/WindowsLiveWriter/MicrosoftXbox360WirelessControllerforWin_AE26/new%20xbox%20wireless%20controller_thumb.jpg
really? it looks as good as my avatar.

I would strongly suggest the MS X360 Controller. There are a wide variants of it from many manufacturers like from Razer, Cyborg and logitech.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
croma, vijay sales, landmark dont seem to have xbox controller in stock. Will have to chk lamington road

Top Bottom