Gaming News Channel...

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Avatar - The Video Game sells nearly 2.7 million units. Now that's a shocker! Movie tie-ins don't usually do this well but then again it's James Cameron's Avatar we are talking about.

I myself didn't find the game all that interesting. Playing as Na'vi was fun but that's about it. Beyond that it's just another lame attempt at a movie tie-in. But the fans liked it and the game's selling like hot cakes.

Read On...

Moon_Raven

Broken In
Gamersmint Review : Splinter Cell – Conviction

First teased in May 2007, Ubisoft showed off some tantalizing gameplay footage and trailers which promised an evolution in the series. After a handful of painful delays and postponements, Splinter Cell: Conviction has finally arrived on shores. Fisher gears up to embark on his most intense mission yet in Conviction. Should You?
Read Full Review Here

New Halo: Reach screenshots are gloriously cinematic

If you thought taking part in the Halo: Reach Beta enabled you to see everything that there is show about the game – think again! The recently released new screenshots of the game just reeks of awesomeness and more. Covenants emerging from a dust storm, some cool new explosions and outright MAYHEM! We just can’t stop looking, can you? Let us know below.
View them over here

Call Of Duty : Black Ops trailer analysis

Treyarch recently released a brand new trailer for their upcoming Call of Duty title -- Black Ops. The trailer showcased the great technical and graphical leap the developers have made from their previous COD title, World at War as well as giving glimpses of the exciting new gameplay that is in store forus.
Read Here
GM Giveaway : Splinter Cell Conviction (PC)
*www.gamersmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/contest2.jpg
*www.gamersmint.com/?p=3804
The word contest always brings joys to the hearts of readers, however small or big the prize up for grabs might be. We are happy to announce that our first giveaway is going underway.

As you all know, we just published a review of everybody’s favorite stealth action Hero’s latest homecoming - Splinter Cell : Conviction. We reviewed the PC version of the game and would like to give one of our reader’s the chance to try the game out for free!
*www.gamersmint.com/?p=3804

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Avatar - The Video Game sells nearly 2.7 million units. Now that's a shocker! Movie tie-ins don't usually do this well but then again it's James Cameron's Avatar we are talking about.

I myself didn't find the game all that interesting. Playing as Na'vi was fun but that's about it. Beyond that it's just another lame attempt at a movie tie-in. But the fans liked it and the game's selling like hot cakes.

Read On...

Wow! 2.7 mil.!? That's a huge profit to Ubi & Cameron. Never thought it would be such a huge commercial success.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
11 year old Helen Got a free DS from nintendo but only got C from her teacher

*www.gamerzines.com/system.store/media/images/nintendo-schoolgirl-letter-04bfa488c36320.jpg

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I might send an "attractive" letter to Sony, sometime soon. :D Them Sony freaks won't let me. Nintendo's so good, I'll buy SMG2. :))

Argh! No such luck for me. :(

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Insomniac Games goes multi platform
Redwood Shores, Calif. – May 25, 2010 – Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced a publishing agreement with independent developer Insomniac Games that will bring the studio’s upcoming, all-new franchise to the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system. This will be the first multiplatform release in Insomniac’s storied 16-year history. Published through the distinguished EA Partners program, the new title will mark the introduction

SOURCE

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Shadow of The Colossus, ICO may hit ps3 in Q1, 2011

TSA’s reporting that the Team ICO Collection, which was first revealed by VG247 earlier this morning, will launch next year. Q1 to be exact.

*arielbowman.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/shadowofthecolossus.jpg *img41.imageshack.us/img41/44/ico300r.jpg

The collection, which will see ICO and Shadow of the Colossus come together on the package, will be remastered and have full HD, and would be a perfect warm-up to Fumito Ueda’s next title The Last Guardian.

ICO released back in 2002 in Europe, while Shadow of the Colossus released in 2006, both for PS2.

-vg247

Last edited:

Moon_Raven

Broken In
*www.gamersmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/contest3.jpg

GM Giveaway : Prince of Persia – The Forgotten Sands

It’s contest time once again. My, my…this is our second contest in less than a week – you lucky dogs, you. This time we are giving away one copy of Ubisoft’s Prince of Persia – The Forgotten Sands for the amazing price of FREE. That’s right, all you have to do is complete this phrase in the craziest way possible:
“I am the PRINCE OF PERSIA, because…”
Remember, we at Gamersmint, loathe the simple and straight forward…so if you want to stand a chance to win this contest, your entry will have to come straight out of the loony bin. If you can manage to make us laugh, you win yourself the new Prince of Persia game for the Xbox 360…and some major respect. How AWESOME is that?!?
Here’s how you can participate ( yes there are multiple ways) -

• Leave your wacky creations in the comments section below
  • Send us an email with your submission and name to debabrata(at)gamersmint(dot)com
  • Comment on our Facebook group of Gamersmint. Leave your answer over here.
When there’s a contest, there are bound to be rules eh? Well, so be it then!

1. Contest open to Indian Residents only
  2. Entries will be accepted till 5th June 2010, Saturday.
  3. You can submit one entry each using all three of the methods of submissions. That makes it three chances for you to bag the prize!
  4. The winner will be announced on Gamersmint’s Facebook profile, followed by an announcement on the website aswell.
*www.gamersmint.com/?p=3971

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The PC version of Alan Wake still exists on Remedy's "hard drive"
according to the game's story writer Sam Lake.

Speaking to a German gaming site Lake said he was hopeful the title would come out on PC after Xbox 360 got an exclusivity window - in a similar vein to Infinity Ward's Stimulus Map Pack for Modern Warfare 2.

He said (Google translation): "The code for a PC version of Alan Wake is still always on our hard drives. It would be unreasonable, this work - and believe us, since much work goes in there - just throw it away."

He added: "We know the Premium Policy Publisher (i.e. exclusivity window deals). The latest example is the stimulus for Modern Warfare Map Pack. This will only appear on Xbox 360 first and later for PC and Playstation. I can well imagine that Alan Wake will suffer a similar fate. "

Hear that PC gamers? A similar fate.

Alan Wake PC is dead. Long live Alan Wake PC?

*www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=241518

varunb

Working in an IT company
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood preview!

Ok nvidiageek this is for you...smile

Major Information regarding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

1. The Villa Upgrades system will be back. Except it won't be just a villa, but a whole sprawling city.

2. Rome will be 4 times larger than Venice was in ACII.

3. The new villain will be younger, stronger and as skillful as Ezio. But the new villain isn't so new. He's a Borgia. Rodrigo's son. Cesare. Yep, Cesare Borgia, the new baddie who is almost a darker version of our Auditore hero

4. The game starts in 1500 with a 45-year-old Ezio.

5. Tiber Island (a round island in Tiber river in the premises/center of Rome) will be the Rome Assassin's headquarters.

Altough the player won't be able to leave Rome, it is possible to send assassins to places all over the world, like Madrid, Paris or Frankfurt

7. (and I know that those examples were Europe-only)

8. Recruits can be customized by players with weapons, armors and clothing; after they acquire experience points, those recruits can be upgraded with abilities.

9. It will be possible to choose an yet unknown/undefined number of assassins (possible four) to act as personal sidekicks

10. Machiavelli will be back, Rodrigo "Fat Pope" Borgia might be back, Leo Da Vinci will be less plot-important but will act as an tech/armorer go-to-guy (yep, he's definitely our "Q"), and Desmond "Why-no-one-tells-me-anything-let-me-out-of-the-bloody-Animus" Miles will be back, but instead of our true hero and centerpiece, he'll probably be more of a secondary/main-supporter, only appearing later in the game.

11. Remember those rows of Animi (plural of Animus, the magazine confirmed it) in Abstergo Offices? That's the multiplayer system, an Abstergo-designed module for the Animus for training killers to chase Assassins and, well, kill.

12. Five more characters have been named: the Nobleman, the Courtesan, the Doctor, the Priest and the Executioner. Each characters has unique moves, clothes, animations and assassination styles. The Doctor kills with a poison-syringe, the priest with a knife, and so on. One other character who likes like Ezio (he uses a hood and a hidden blade) has been refered to as a "Prowler", but it's not known if it's his official designation.

13. Multiplayer modes will have adversarial, team-based and objective focused structures. The one revealed, called "Wanted", sets 8 players in a sized map, and each one is assigned a target, and a killer. Like a cat-and-mouse game, but where cat chases mouse, then dog chases cat, then supermutant mouse chases dog, who chases cat, who chases mouse, who chases dog, who...

14. Horsies! In the city! Also, horseback assassinations.

15. The multiplayer character creation will be abilities and special weapons customizable (like "Disguise", "Morph" and the beloved Hidden Gun). In the magazine's words, "similar to Rainbow Six Vegas 2's PEC system", where you created and stored your character with your account. If I may say so, that's a fantastic character customization feature.
*images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100530011528/assassinscreed/images/3/3f/Playmagazine_-_AC_BH_%283%29.jpg

*images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100530011434/assassinscreed/images/7/70/Playmagazine_-_AC_BH_%281%29.jpg

*images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100530011525/assassinscreed/images/0/02/Playmagazine_-_AC_BH_%284%29.jpg

*images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100530011528/assassinscreed/images/3/3f/Playmagazine_-_AC_BH_%283%29.jpg

*images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100530011543/assassinscreed/images/c/c4/Playmagazine_-_AC_BH_%285%29.jpg

*images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100530011958/assassinscreed/images/f/fd/Playmagazine_-_AC_BH_%286%29.jpg
*assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Playmagazine_-_AC_BH_%283%29.jpg

Last edited:
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development

Ubisoft has dismissed suggestions that Michel Ancel has left the company, confirming that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development.
World of the Rayman creator's supposed departure appeared on the internet last week. It was said that Ancel had left to set up his own studio, and that the BG&E2 project had been cancelled as a result.
But a Ubisoft representative told Eurogamer, "There are no changes on the horizon."
When asked if that means Ancel is still at Ubi and that BG&E2 is still in development, the representative replied, "Yes."
It's been two years since the sequel was first announced, and since then there's been nothing more to see than the original teaser trailer. Here's hoping more is revealed soon.
- Eurogamer

Top Bottom