Gaming News Channel...

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Microsoft Shutting Down Original Xbox Live Servers

Whether you’re still playing games on that enormous black box or playing old titles on the 360, come April 15 you’re no longer going to be able to do so online.

Microsoft’s first step is disabling subscription auto-renewal for those playing on Live via the original Xbox. We assume this means that if you're playing Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on the 360 rather than the original Xbox, you will still have your subscription renewed.

With the original Xbox Live out of the way, Microsoft Live general manager Marc Whitten claims it will be able to better evolve the current Live service with “new features and experiences.” Whitten also says this will allow Microsoft “unprecedented flexibility for future features.”

One possible positive from the original Xbox Live shutting down is that it may finally end the current friends list cap of 100. An anonymous Microsoft representative previously stated that the capacity of the current friends list is limited because Halo 2’s friends list could only contain 100. With the Halo 2 servers down, this roadblock could potentially give everyone a larger friends list.

Anyone out there who's going to miss playing some of the original Xbox games online?

-The game Informer.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
ESRB Reveals WWII Mission in Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The ESRB has a lot of history leaking game announcements by giving a game a rating before it's officially announced, but it looks like they've moved into the more specialized subject of leaking game content. In their expanded rating description of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, they let slip that the game evidently begins in World War II.

"In single-player mode, players conduct missions on an unnamed Japanese island during World War II and then move into the modern day through jungles, deserts, and snowy terrain," the description explains.

Source: Kotaku

dinjo_jo

Padawan
DeadSpace 2 Console Exclusive

News here

*www.vg247.com/2010/02/08/dead-space-2-console-only-says-ea-q3-release/

Read the report

*investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=443622

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Awesome, EA! I knew C2 would be released in Dec., can't believe that new MoH [which is lookin' badass!] will be released this year, that too in July-Sept. period. Great! I can't express my feelings. I'm done.

Moon_Raven

Broken In
*indianauteur.com/gamersmint/wp-content/themes/wp-comfy/scripts/phpThumb/phpThumb.php?src=/gamersmint/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/thumb_dantes_inferno_tr.jpg&w=275&h=160&zc=T&q=95
Gamersmint Review: Dante’s Inferno

Dante’s Inferno can be called the ******* love child of an innocuous poet and a vicious God slayer since it seems to draw its inspiration from the divine works of Dante Alighieri and its gameplay from the heavens shattering journey of the God of WarKratos - on his vengeful journey against Ares and Zeus. But does it manage to emerge greater than the sum of its parts or fall flat into the deep abyss of Hell itself?
Ubisoft: Big Announcement on Xbox LIVE

Late last week, Ubisoft teased a “BIG” reveal to come this week. I speculated it has something to do with Microsoft’s X10 event being held on Thursday, and with a new tweet from Ubisoft community developer Kimi Matsuzaki, it looks like my speculations may be correct.

official

In the zone
ELECTRONIC ARTS FISCAL YEAR 2010/11 RELEASE SCHEDULE
'TBA'- To Be Named.
"""THIS YEAR"""
FYQ1 (April 1-June 30, 2010)
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (consoles, handhelds)
Need for Speed World (PC)
Skate 3 (consoles)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (consoles, handhelds)

FYQ2 (July 1-September 30, 2010)
APB (PC)
EA Sports FIFA Online (PC)
FIFA 11 (consoles, handhelds, PC)
Madden NFL 11 (consoles, handhelds)
Medal of Honor (final title TBA - consoles, handhelds, PC)
Monopoly Title TBA (consoles)
MySims Title TBA (consoles, handhelds)
NCAA Football 11 (consoles, handhelds)

FYQ3 (October 1-December 31, 2010)
"TBA" (consoles, handhelds, PC)
Crysis 2 (consoles, PC)
DTC Game For Console Online (consoles)
EA SPORTS Active Title 1 TBA (consoles)
EA SPORTS Active Title 2 TBA (consoles)
EA SPORTS MMA (consoles, handhelds)
FIFA Manager 11 (PC)
Harry Potter Title TBA (consoles, handhelds, PC)
Hasbro Family Game Night Title TBA (consoles)
Hasbro Littlest Pet Shop Title TBA (handhelds)
NBA Jam (Wii)
NBA LIVE 11 (consoles, handhelds)
Need For Speed Title TBA (consoles, handhelds, PC)
The Sims 3 on Console Title TBA (consoles, handhelds)

"""NEXT YEAR"""
FYQ4 (January 1-March 31, 2011)
Action Title TBA ("full game download" for consoles)
Dead Space 2 (consoles, handhelds)
Dragon Age Title TBA (consoles, handhelds, PC)
Fighting Title TBA (consoles)
Hasbro Title TBA (consoles)
Need For Speed Title TBA (consoles, PC)
New Sims Title TBA (PC)
Shooter from Epic TBA (consoles, PC)
Spore Title TBA (consoles, PC)

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
These are the games I'm lookin' forward to buy. The most important thing in my life! EA, ye'r my God. :D

ELECTRONIC ARTS FISCAL YEAR 2010/11 RELEASE SCHEDULE
'TBA'- To Be Named.
"""THIS YEAR"""
FYQ1 (April 1-June 30, 2010)
Need for Speed World (PC)

FYQ2 (July 1-September 30, 2010)
Medal of Honor (final title TBA - consoles, handhelds, PC) [Awesome!!!!!!!!!!]

FYQ3 (October 1-December 31, 2010)
Crysis 2 (consoles, PC) [Important than my heart!!!]
Need For Speed Title TBA (consoles, handhelds, PC) [Is this Criterion-made??]

"""NEXT YEAR"""
FYQ4 (January 1-March 31, 2011)
Need For Speed Title TBA (consoles, PC) [The hell!? SMS-made simulator?]
Shooter from Epic TBA (consoles, PC) [Juicy!]

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier confirmed for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

The Lost Gamer writes "Following confusion earlier when the released PR made no mention of Sony's current console, Kimi Matsuzaki, Senior Community Developer for Ubisoft, has confirmed that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is heading for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360."

More here.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier confirmed for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360

The Lost Gamer writes "Following confusion earlier when the released PR made no mention of Sony's current console, Kimi Matsuzaki, Senior Community Developer for Ubisoft, has confirmed that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is heading for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360."

More here.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Australian Pirate Sued for $ 1.5 Million For uploading New Super Mario Bros. Wii

An Australian software pirate caught illegally copying and uploading to the internet game files of New Super Mario Bros. Wii must now pay Nintendo a sum of $1.5 million dollars.

A Federal Court settlement against the individual have resulted in a fine to compensate Nintendo for the loss of sales revenue. New Super Mario Bros. Wii was first made available to illegally download worldwide on November 9, 2009, a week before the title hit retail in Australia. The copying and distributing of software without permission breaches the Copyright Act under Australian law.

The individual was caught soon after the files were uploaded by way of internet tracking software.

Upon the game being uploaded to the Internet, Nintendo was able to employ the use of sophisticated technological forensics to identify the individual responsible for illegally copying the file and making it available for further distribution. On 23 November, 2009, Nintendo obtained a Federal Court search order in respect of the individual's residential premises. This led to the seizure of property from those premises in order to gain further evidence against the individual.

- ign.com

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
E3 2010 exhibition list announced

E3 announced the official exhibitions list that will be staged in E3 in this June.

*www.e3expo.com/exhibitors/92/exhibitor-list/

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
IGN Heavy Rain Review

IGN released review of Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain managed to pull 9.0 from the hands of IGN. Follow the below link to read the review.

*ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1067755p1.html

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Finally, It got a release date.

We can't ask them more than sticking to it's release date ;)

There are many desperate X360 players to get hands on it.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Only X360? Or PC, like GTA IV? And don't tell me GTA IV was "not only X360 but PS3 too".

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Crysis 2 New Screens Directly From PS3, Built To Take Full Advantage Of The Console

*m2.n4g.com/8/News/474000/474283_1_hs.jpg

GT: Yesterday, we brought you some new Crysis 2 scans directly from PlayStation: The Official Magazine, but while reading the Editor-In-Chief, Gary Steinman's letter to the mag's fans, some very big and important details released.

GamesThirst.com

Oh! My! God! I'm goin' crazy!

OK, vamsi. For you. :D

The Brand New Alan Wake Trailer

Alan Wake X10 Trailer

1UP: Splinter Cell Conviction's First 20 Minutes

Splinter Cell: Conviction First 20 Minutes

Awesomely juicy!!

Moon_Raven

Broken In
X10 Event Roundup

The recently concluded X10 event at San Francisco was better than expected. Microsoft managed to provide gamers with a lot of new bits of information; fans had been looking forward to see. Alan Wake got a release date aswell as a new bundle, Dead Rising 2 and Halo Reach beta saw their release window announced. Fable III got its first ever reveals. Splinter Cell Conviction saw pretty much everything about it covered. In total, the event was a success and it had something for all Xbox360 fans.

Read full coverage here - *www.gamersmint.com/?p=2046

X10-New Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake and Fable 3 screens will freak you out

*www.gamersmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/14.jpg
Microsoft’s recently concluded event, X10, saw a lot of reveals regarding a host of 360-exclusives. What it also had, was some delicious looking new screenshots from a number of games. Out of those, we picked out the best ones from Alan Wake, Splinter Cell:Conviction and Fable 3. So without any further ado, here they are.

Watch the screenshots over here - *www.gamersmint.com/?p=2026

Achuth

In the zone
X10 Event Roundup

Read full coverage here - *www.gamersmint.com/?p=2046

X10-New Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake and Fable 3 screens will freak you out

*www.gamersmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/14.jpg

Watch the screenshots over here - *www.gamersmint.com/?p=2026

whoaa was waitin soo long for tha game.....hahahahaha

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Whoa!! Another game from Ubi which'll blow my a$$ off! Can't wait, I could've gotten it next week, know what I mean?

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@nvidiageek, It will be on PC. But.. no one knows the release date for PC. Many be it will come at the fall of this year.

Top Bottom