Gaming News Channel...

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Valve displeased over Left 4 Dead 2 ban

They should. I think don't give up. Come on Valve.. your legitimate purchasers will be bothered if you don't take any steps.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Actually PS3 will look dark when compared to x360. That is because developers will give less gas to gamma when they on ps3. Don't know why! But one can manually adjust the gamma to fix the things. BTW, the dudes there might have turned their gamma up in their ps3. that's why it is a bit brighter.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ if that is the case.. i think developers went easy on ps3 :grin:

HALO 3 ODST gong to be released on 22 this month & IGN review is already out out
IGN is king in these type of things. Reviewing a game before it's release. day before yesterday... Shift and RE5, yesterday.. Uncharted 2.. today..Halo 3 ODST.

They gave 9.0/10

check out the review here..

*xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1025307p4.html

cyborg47

Technomancer
i've seen the gameplay videos of halo ODST, didnt like 'em that much, i dont have an xbox360 though, or may be im wrong!

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Any thing that is halo branded will be received well. It is all done by Halo and Halo 2. We can't reverse it. Except they make some moron titles like NFS franchise did.

cyborg47

Technomancer
@nvidia geek...dude no combat evolved was an FPS
RTS title was halo wars released recently, but didnt do that well, but the cut scenes were awesome!

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Oops.. i mistook it. Halo Combat Evolved was PC's version of Original Halo. Combat Wars was a 360 exclusive RTS game. Thanks for correction borg.

Street Fighter 4 Sequel
In a world where seven different versions of Street Fighter 2 exist (we're pretty sure it's seven, we might have lost count), does it surprise anyone that Capcom may be planning to create a sequel to the popular and well-received Street Fighter 4? On the official Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog, Capcom's Natsuki Shiozawa writes that an announcement concerning a Street Fighter 4 sequel will be made.

Yakuza 3 is Coming to the West

Just a few days ago Sega rep Aaron Webber commented that the possibility of Yakuza 3 coming to the U.S. still exists and that it's a subject discussed quite often at Sega. Today we can do one better: we've learned that the PS3 exclusive is indeed coming west. According to sources close to the project, Yakuza 3 is currently being localized for release in the U.S. and European markets.

And while this is still not the official confirmation many are seeking, it's definitely reason to keep up hope. We anticipate more news on this front will be coming from Sega -- or another publisher, were the game shopped around -- in the coming weeks or months. It's possible we could even hear sooner: the Tokyo Game Show occurs later this week, and if you remember, Sega announced Yakuza 2 for the U.S. at the 2007 show.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
not combat wars...its just "halo wars"...

:|

Metal Gear Solid Movie is coming
In May 2006, Hideo Kojima announced that a film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid was in development. The film was purported to be in English, though a release date was not yet established. Kojima also announced at E3 later that month that he had negotiated a contract with a party in Hollywood to adapt the video game into a film. Kojima also considered Alaska as the site of the film production, due to the game's setting in the state.

David Hayter has submitted his take for the movie but executives have passed on the script.
Kurt Wimmer was thought to be writing the film, and possibly directing it. However, this theory was debunked as mere speculation, with Wimmer not actually being attached to the project.

The release date has not yet been announced. It is rumored that release date is q3,2010.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Beatles Xbox 360 Charity Auction

To help promote the launch of MTV Games and Harmonix's The Beatles: Rock Band last week, Microsoft listed a specially designed Xbox 360 console featuring detailed artwork from the opening sequence of the game. Within two days, the eBay charity auction had secured some 80 bids and a commitment for $7,000, proceeds from which will be donated to the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders.

Doctors Without Borders, getting a little help from their friends.

Today, the auction timer on the Beatles-themed Xbox 360 officially expired, and after 111 bids, the final selling price reached $17,300. Microsoft has not indicated how may Beatles consoles would be made available, saying only that a "small number" will be auctioned off for charity in the lead-up to the holiday season.

Sony, Blizzard, Activision, NCS,Turbine named in a patent suite

In March, Paltalk Holdings leveled a hefty $90 million lawsuit against software giant Microsoft. Paltalk's claim centered on two of its patents, which create a solution for computers to effectively communicate with one another in online-gaming situations. As it turns out, Paltalk's claim stood on strong enough legs for Microsoft to settle the case for an undisclosed sum, midway through the trial, in June.

Paltalk certainly has an opportunity to cash in.

Now, Paltalk has its sights set on a number of other game-industry heavyweights, including Sony Computer Entertainment and several of its divisions, Activision Blizzard, NCsoft, Turbine, and Jagex. At issue, again, is Paltalk's computer-to-computer synchronization patents, which, as noted by Paltalk's lawyer Max Tribble as part of its Microsoft suit, involve "technology for ways to control interactive applications over multiple computers."

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Sorry dudes.. i haven't updated this thread yesterday.. coz i was in a serious preparation for my exam.

Xbox 360 Elite gets $50 rebate until Oct. 5

As the all-important holiday shopping season draws near, prospective console buyers are seeing a growing array of deals. The latest is a mail-in rebate for the Xbox 360 Elite, which saw its price drop from $399.99 to $299.99 at the end of August. It shaves $50 off the new price of the 120GB, making it just $249.99 (after rebate).

Curiously, though, Microsoft is not actively promoting the rebate on Xbox.com. The home page touts the Elite as being only $100 off its previously $399.99 price--not the $150 discount the rebate would bring. Instead, the page for the rebate offer, which is being sponsored by video-rental house Netflix, is buried on a tertiary page on Xbox.com. That page gives customers a password and directs them to another page on Microsoft's main Web site, where the password is entered and instructions for mailing in the rebate are given. Rebate checks will be mailed out six to eight weeks after submissions are received.

With the $50 rebate, the Xbox 360 Elite is, for the time being, as cheap as the $249.99 Nintendo Wii. That price is expected to drop to $199.99 this coming Sunday and would make the Wii cost the same as the similarly hard-drive-less Xbox 360 Arcade. The 120GB PlayStation 3 is currently $299.99, although those who sign up for a Sony Visa Card can get a one-time $100 rebate on the console applied to their new credit card accounts.

PS2, Dreamcast games coming to PSN?

Rumor geysers are an elusive lot, making their eruptions all the more special. Today, perhaps the biggest of the year thus far made its presence known, when alleged minutes from a meeting between Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sega found their way online.

First spotted by French site Objectif-Sega, the information purportedly comes from Sega of America's press site, where it was ostensibly inadvertently uploaded. Before being removed from Objectif-Sega, the purportedly leaked info was reprinted on the NeoGAF message boards. The document notes that the meeting took place on August 5, meaning some of the purported information has already come to pass.

According to the minutes, the meeting began with Sony stating that a "big announcement" would occur during the back half of the year, one that has since revealed itself to be Sony's introduction of the PlayStation 3 Slim and concomitant $100 price cut. Interestingly, Sony then purportedly narrowed down the spring 2010 launch date of its new motion controller, saying it is expected to launch in Japan in March.

Please.. if any one is interested in keeping this thread alive.. for 4 days or something...contribute... i have my exams going on.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 IGN review

Dudes at IGN will take no pleasure in revewing the blockbusters after their release. They will go for review before the release. And now it's time for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2... which is a revamped ps3's version of ninja gaiden 2 on x360. Ign gave it 8.7/10.

check the review here.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Why in the hell would they want to turn down the gore level in the PS3 version? I mean Ninja Gaiden II's whole point was to watch an enemy being dismembered brutally and watch them fall apart on the ground just wanting to be ripped to shreds even more. It's a pity watching this game loose that factor. But being upgraded with better visuals and co-op gameplay, I'd say it would still be good.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
PS3 Motion Controller confirmed for next spring, finally ready for its close-ups

Source: *www.engadget.com/2009/09/23/ps3-motion-controller-confirmed-for-next-spring-finally-ready-f/

Sony conference keynotes with lots and lots of slides: *www.joystiq.com/2009/09/23/joystiq-live-sonys-tokyo-game-show-keynote/

We've heard plenty about Sony's PS3 Motion Controller, but we hadn't actually seen a press shot of it until now. Looks pretty PlayStation-ey, wouldn't you say? Sony has also confirmed that spring 2010 is the launch window (with those rumors of a March date in Japan floating around). It can't come soon enough! At the TGS announcement Kaz Hirai reiterated that the controller will meet the "stringent" requirements of hardcore gamers -- which is always a comfort, no matter how much of that gamer-pleasing will have to come from the actual games themselves. Hit up the read link for Joystiq's live coverage of the Sony keynote from TGS!

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Why in the hell would they want to turn down the gore level in the PS3 version? I mean Ninja Gaiden II's whole point was to watch an enemy being dismembered brutally and watch them fall apart on the ground just wanting to be ripped to shreds even more. It's a pity watching this game loose that factor. But being upgraded with better visuals and co-op gameplay, I'd say it would still be good.

yes.. i am concerned with this too. what would have gone through tecmo's mind before reducing the gore level??? I think they would have thought by reducing the gore..they can attract more people. And to that they should have included reduce gore option Like gears of war.

the PS3's motion controller is very precise and accurate and is capable of doing many things. But I think the competitor Natal have to make it's way to the consumers to tell which is the best one.

Top Bottom