Gaming latop under 60k must run skyrim

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In

ok ...thats sad , but now i am gonna go for n55sf only :)
I have 10 more days in delhi , i hope i dont change my mind in these days and stick to what i have decided now.

and if you guys have any other suggestion in this range, then please share

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
^Lenovo Y570 has 96 shaders GT555, while n55sf has 144 shaders GT555m, and thats a huge difference. No, fair comparison.

i have k53sv-SX521D and i am playing skyrim at high setting so dont mislead people out here and for your information you check out youtube videos if you have any confusion and gt540 will be able to handle all the latest at least for 2 years

ok ...thats sad , but now i am gonna go for n55sf only :)
I have 10 more days in delhi , i hope i dont change my mind in these days and stick to what i have decided now.

and if you guys have any other suggestion in this range, then please share

AND r you getting k53sv-sx521d for 44k all or 44k plus tax please do let me now.

Last edited:
OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
i have k53sv-SX521D and i am playing skyrim at high setting so dont mislead people out here and for your information you check out youtube videos if you have any confusion and gt540 will be able to handle all the latest at least for 2 years

AND r you getting k53sv-sx521d for 44k all or 44k plus tax please do let me now.

44k inclusive of all taxes

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
44k inclusive of all taxes

Dont worry k53sv will handle skyrim with ease i am playing it right now and you can also check out YouTube for your confirmation and 44k all inclusive is a great price by the way which shop is giving you this price. Go for K53SV it will easily serve you for 2 to 3 year and one more thing look at the at the VFM you are getting with this laptop.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I'm not misleading anybody. I just meant to say that Skyrim will not run the way OP wants on high settings. Also, you're running on 1366*768 resolution, I meant 1080p in his case.

just got some of my first games playing. Gt555m cannot play Skyrim on High in full screen on FHD. But in windowed at 1680 x 1050(only other res i tried) it played it on high at like 40 fps.
NoteBookCheck.net said:
Skyrim will only run fluent in low to medium detail settings.

The avg fps on high settings is around 19 which is not smooth IMO.

Also, I said this earlier-

Also do keep in mind that what "gaming experience" satisfies you. Some want playable frame rate, some want just good fps, some can't game without eye candies.

So, may be you're satisfied with the GT540 performance, but it may not be the case with everybody.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
I'm not misleading anybody. I just meant to say that Skyrim will not run the way OP wants on high settings. Also, you're running on 1366*768 resolution, I meant 1080p in his case.

The avg fps on high settings is around 19 which is not smooth IMO.

Also, I said this earlier-

So, may be you're satisfied with the GT540 performance, but it may not be the case with everybody.

just check out youtube everybody is playing skyrim in 1366*768 resolution with ultra setting and in k53sv you can play with high setting with 30 to 35 fps and if someone is concerned about the graphic quality then one should get a deskstop rather than a laptop because gameplay wise no laptops are even closer to desktop so better do your research and com up with conclusion. for gaming every laptop is just the mobile alternative. and look at the price difference between N55SF AND K53SV ONE CAN GET BEAST DESKTOP AT 65K. And he getting K53sv at 44k so its a great deal excellent VFM.

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
Dont worry k53sv will handle skyrim with ease i am playing it right now and you can also check out YouTube for your confirmation and 44k all inclusive is a great price by the way which shop is giving you this price. Go for K53SV it will easily serve you for 2 to 3 year and one more thing look at the at the VFM you are getting with this laptop.

bro the k53sv-sx521d is only made for indian market, and its varients with few config changes are launched in other countries.. so i cant see the actual laptop in action on youtube,
if you have time ..please upload a short video playing bf3,skyrim,crysis2 ..

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
bro the k53sv-sx521d is only made for indian market, and its varients with few config changes are launched in other countries.. so i cant see the actual laptop in action on youtube,
if you have time ..please upload a short video playing bf3,skyrim,crysis2 ..

its the same laptop dude just name is different for different config and gfx is same in all the laptops even the videos which u saw is i5 so think what i7 can do
so don't worry it can handle all games i am out on a vacation and just reinstalled win8 beta sorry if i get time i will upload videos don't worry just get the laptop it can handle all the latest games. and by the way which shop gave 44k all just let me know i will suggest that shop to my friend.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Re: Gaming laptop under 60k must run skyrim

just check out youtube everybody is playing skyrim in 1366*768 resolution with ultra setting and in k53sv you can play with high setting with 30 to 35 fps and if someone is concerned about the graphic quality then one should get a deskstop rather than a laptop because gameplay wise no laptops are even closer to desktop so better do your research and com up with conclusion. for gaming every laptop is just the mobile alternative. and look at the price difference between N55SF AND K53SV ONE CAN GET BEAST DESKTOP AT 65K. And he getting K53sv at 44k so its a great deal excellent VFM.

I have already mentioned that I referred 1080p, not 1366*768, so stop arguing and read the posts clearly first. And I wasn't talking about VFM at any moment in this thread, so its already ruled out. And about desktop, why you go for windows when linux is better from every aspect and free too? (Stop OT'ing)

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Re: Gaming laptop under 60k must run skyrim

I have already mentioned that I referred 1080p, not 1366*768, so stop arguing and read the posts clearly first. And I wasn't talking about VFM at any moment in this thread, so its already ruled out. And about desktop, why you go for windows when linux is better from every aspect and free too? (Stop OT'ing)

Dude don't talk like a kid in N55sf also people are not able to play at 1080p with ultra setting and in k53sv or even dv6 6165tx you cant go beyond 1366*768 which is the native resolution and as far as the games goes you mentioned that people are getting 15 to 20 fps which is not true and from next time before commenting about any hardware check yourself first and then give your conclusion on it.And to your last question linux doesn't support all games.

powerstarprince

In the zone
there's not much diff between 1080p and 768p resolutions in n55sf. frame rates may vary by little and the heating also gets slightly more if play on full hd. but still its a great laptop the keyboard may not be like in case of most other laptops but still its a good one to use. soft and easier to type keys.

dude how to check fps while playing game? Also is this true... it gets more heated when u play on ur native resolution if its full hd than normal hd which is 1366x768 ?? i'm running games in full hd and got max temps of 95 C

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Dude don't talk like a kid in N55sf also people are not able to play at 1080p with ultra setting and in k53sv or even dv6 6165tx you cant go beyond 1366*768 which is the native resolution and as far as the games goes you mentioned that people are getting 15 to 20 fps which is not true and from next time before commenting about any hardware check yourself first and then give your conclusion on it.And to your last question linux doesn't support all games.

I know people are not able to play skyrim @ ultra settings at 1080p, but when did I denied that?
And about FPS statistics, I quoted it from notebookcheck.net. Just check there yourself.
I mentioned Linux because you mentioned about desktops, which was totally irrevelant and OT.

there's not much diff between 1080p and 768p resolutions in n55sf. frame rates may vary by little and the heating also gets slightly more if play on full hd. but still its a great laptop the keyboard may not be like in case of most other laptops but still its a good one to use. soft and easier to type keys.

dude how to check fps while playing game? Also is this true... it gets more heated when u play on ur native resolution if its full hd than normal hd which is 1366x768 ?? i'm running games in full hd and got max temps of 95 C

Use Fraps. Laptop will get more heated when graphics will be more stressed, and that has nothing got to do with native resolution. More the resolution(and eye candies), more the stress on gfx card, more the temps. 95° is very hot man.

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
its the same laptop dude just name is different for different config and gfx is same in all the laptops even the videos which u saw is i5 so think what i7 can do
so don't worry it can handle all games i am out on a vacation and just reinstalled win8 beta sorry if i get time i will upload videos don't worry just get the laptop it can handle all the latest games. and by the way which shop gave 44k all just let me know i will suggest that shop to my friend.
bro i called the same guy whose number you gave to me

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
so should i run games in 1366x768 res insted of 1920x1080 in order to avoid 90 C temps??

Not exactly. Be sure you make way for air vents below/side of the lappi to blow exhaust air out. If they are blocked, temps can go insane. Then, turn eye candies off (AF/AA).

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
yes i asked for n55sf .. it was 65.4k

i am not sure which laptop i will buy..
but it will be out of these two only

push him for 65k and if your budget permits go for N55SF else go for k53sv both are great laptops price and feature wise.

oieet

Right off the assembly line
how is that GE620DX of MSI it costs around 52k on letsbuy
and it has got gtx 555 2gb
Processor = i5
Ram = 4gb
Hdd = 640GB
HD screen. MSI GE620DX
i am also planing to buy a laptop upto 60k this is what i am thinking of. Please post if you have any other suggestions rather than Asus K53SV SX521V.

Top Bottom