Gaming latop under 60k must run skyrim

uddozo

Broken In
hey mates, i just joined here ..
and my main reason for joining is that i need a gaming laptop under 60k
(max 65k)

should be able to run games like skyrim and preferably a 1080p screen
that is the main reason
i have searched a lot of forums and saw many reviews, but the more i see, the more i get confused because there are many laptops in this range.

I am not preferring HP because my last laptop was also HP and its battery life sucks. The battery is not such a big issue but i travel a little so i need the laptop to at least last for 2 hours.

i was thinking of xps15 but from what i have read and heard, its not so good for gaming

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
hey mates, i just joined here ..
and my main reason for joining is that i need a gaming laptop under 60k
(max 65k)

should be able to run games like skyrim and preferably a 1080p screen
that is the main reason
i have searched a lot of forums and saw many reviews, but the more i see, the more i get confused because there are many laptops in this range.

I am not preferring HP because my last laptop was also HP and its battery life sucks. The battery is not such a big issue but i travel a little so i need the laptop to at least last for 2 hours.

i was thinking of xps15 but from what i have read and heard, its not so good for gaming

Go for Asus N55sf available around 65k it has a full hd Matte screen and gt 555m card thats enough i guess

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
and i heard that keyboard is very messy

1) What is your budget?
60-65k

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).

INDIA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:HP

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming,Coding,HD movies
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?

both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Skyrim,GoW,crysis,bf3
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
2-3 hours
9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
yes, I would like to see before buying
10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.

Win7

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?

1) What is your budget?
60-65k

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).

INDIA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:HP

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming,Coding,HD movies
6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?

both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Skyrim,GoW,crysis,bf3
8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
2-3 hours
9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
yes, I would like to see before buying
10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.

Win7

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Go for Asus N55sf available around 65k it has a full hd Matte screen and gt 555m card thats enough i guess

Yeah for sure N55SF will be be able to run Skyrim at highest setting you can check out youtube videos just type N55SF.Answer to second question Asus has onsite service in Bangalore so service is not a issue and in Bangalore you can check shops in SP road Jainex and computer gallery i guess you can get the laptop for 65k or 64k inclusive of Taxes

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
Currently I m in Delhi for 15 more days, I just called 2-3 resellers , they quoted from 72k to 74k

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
Currently I m in Delhi for 15 more days, I just called 2-3 resellers , they quoted from 72k to 74k

They are quoting high price try nehru Palace of else get it from bangalore the price should be around 64 to 65 not more than that.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
I called Nehru place , they quoted 69k .. Anybody know any particular shop or something ?

in Delhi i have no idea dude according to me in in Bangalore its around 64 to 65k you better go to nehru palace and and check it out in bangalore try jainex computers and computer gallery i think they can give you better prices

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
i went to nehru place today .. the least price i was getting was 71k :X

my heart broke :(

i saw one more laptop hp dv6 6165tx for 59k . .
how about that one?
but its screen resolution is standard ..bummer

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
i went to nehru place today .. the least price i was getting was 71k :X

my heart broke :

i saw one more laptop hp dv6 6165tx for 59k . .
how about that one?
but its screen resolution is standard ..bummer

dont go for dv6 6165 tx it has heating issues and hd 6770 has issue with graphics switching so better wait and get the laptop from sp road bangalore.

and one more thing n55sf has full hd screen blue ray drive superb sound and 7200 rpm drive where as Hp dv6 has normal 720p screen 4 gb ram and 5400 rpm drive and Hp dv6 you can get it for 55k in bangalore so if you take my advice better wait for 15 days

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
dont go for dv6 6165 tx it has heating issues and hd 6770 has issue with graphics switching so better wait and get the laptop from sp road bangalore.

and one more thing n55sf has full hd screen blue ray drive superb sound and 7200 rpm drive where as Hp dv6 has normal 720p screen 4 gb ram and 5400 rpm drive and Hp dv6 you can get it for 55k in bangalore so if you take my advice better wait for 15 days

yeah even i dont like HP..
do you have any contact number of any good dealer in sp road ? so that i can call and confirm the price conflict

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Go for Dell xps 15 with a full hd screen.. It would be cheaper and really worth it....The screen on xps is absolutely amazing....

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
yeah even i dont like HP..
do you have any contact number of any good dealer in sp road ? so that i can call and confirm the price conflict

Jainex computer they name of the guy is gautam 09448452918

and know this guy you just tell him i got 63k plus vat or 65 all inclusive in silicon or computer gallery and ask him what better price he can give then just wait i hope he can give you the best deal and this is the landline number of the shop 08041485000

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
Go for Dell xps 15 with a full hd screen.. It would be cheaper and really worth it....The screen on xps is absolutely amazing....

bro in dell with the same config as in asus , i will be getting the laptop for 74-75k
thats way out of my budget

aroraanant

Explorer
XPS laptops are really very good but lil expensive
If you are thinking to buy xps then go for it I m sure you won't regret.
Even you can look for Sony C series laptop VPCCB38FN the processor in this machine is the one of the best out there but it only have 1GB graphic card.And also for this one you need to extend your budget a lil bit
Or save your money and get Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D Laptop.It has got all the things you need

OP
U

uddozo

Broken In
did you get the price from sp road

No I didnt take a quote for dell from sp road,just telling the online price from site, and I called the guy whose no. You gave ,.he told his best price 65.4k

XPS laptops are really very good but lil expensive
If you are thinking to buy xps then go for it I m sure you won't regret.
Even you can look for Sony C series laptop VPCCB38FN the processor in this machine is the one of the best out there but it only have 1GB graphic card.And also for this one you need to extend your budget a lil bit
Or save your money and get Asus K Series K53SV-SX521D Laptop.It has got all the things you need
Bro in dell if I can get the same config within 65k I won't mind going for dell, and the Asus laptop you have mentioned has really put me in second thoughts, I think I can sacrifice the 1080p screen and blueray combo(anyways who uses bluer ray) and rest all is same except the Gfx card .. Will 540m be able to support all the latest games ? And I suppose there is the same Gfx card in dell, if I can get xps with normal screen and rest same config I can go for that also because dell is best in servicing..now I am kinda stuck between dell xps(if I get it for a lower price) , Asus k series you mentioned and n55sf .. I am a college student and we have many LAN parties in hostel, so I don't want to be held back because of low Gfx ,so I want my lappy to be up to date for any game..and this waiting for the reply to be approved by the mod is kinda getting on my nerve .. No one is here to abuse ,we are here because we need help

Top Bottom