Gaming Laptop within 45k

Tintin.92

Broken In
1) What is your budget? ₹45k/- , 50k/- (See last point below)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
The 15.6" that everyone seems to be getting now really hits the sweet spot.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Not really.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Playing the latest high-end games (so good graphics and CPU is a must)
Watching movies regularly (so a nice screen and decent speakers are required)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
The standard 1366x768 will do, as i doubt 1080p would be available at this budget.
Glossy screen.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Since i live in a hostel, on-site warranty is a MUST, with provision to pay extra and get extended warranty.
Method of purchase is not important, though online suggestions would be nice cuz i'd get to check the price immediately.
Hard disk space is not TOO crucial, though i expect 500 GB HD (no SSDs please!) to be standard.
Switchable graphics required (dynamic OR fixed).
Extra niceties such as backlit keyboard and slot loading optical drive will undoubtedly drive up the cost, and are thus unnecessary.
At least one USB 3.0 port required.
No photoshop/autocad/handbrake or any other CPU intensive task will be performed, so i doubt an i7 will be necessary for gaming (though i'm not too knowledgeable about this).

IMPORTANT: Though i have listed budget as 45k, i am willing to stretch to about 50k if the best i get at 50k is so significantly better than the best offer at 45k. SO please suggest laptops till 50k also (i.e. please give me two suggestions, one at 45k and one at 50k). I did this primarily after seeing the Dell Inspiron 15R SE, which did blow me away. However if i can get something similar/not too much worse at 45k, the cheaper one will be the better option.

P.s. If any one cares, this is for a friend of mine, i'm already happy with my DV6 6165tx. Also, thanks a BUNCH in advance.

nikufellow

In the zone
HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Core i5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph)
HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Core i5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

RS:44680 go for it !

oops sorry did'nt read the last lines for 50k you'd get better laptops
go for : Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN Laptop (3rd Gen Core i5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

aroraanant

Explorer
The new Dell Inspiron 15R seems to be a pretty good option for you.
Check dell India website for more details.And also dell offers onsite warranty which you want.
You will get for under 45k

OP
T

Tintin.92

Broken In
But isn't the Samsung one significantly better? Notebookcheck places the Inspiron's graphic card at upper-mid class 2 and 650m at lower class 1. Isn't that a huge difference?

Doesn't Samsung provide onsite warranty?

rider

as Kratos
But isn't the Samsung one significantly better? Notebookcheck places the Inspiron's graphic card at upper-mid class 2 and 650m at lower class 1. Isn't that a huge difference?

Doesn't Samsung provide onsite warranty?

Samsung's graphic performance, sound and the display is best in its class! And for warranty you will get offsite 2 Years Warranty in nearby samsung service centre, not onsite.

Top Bottom