Gaming Laptop required urgently!

Shepard

Broken In
Hi everyone! First off,m composin this from my mobile hence pardon the lack of spacing.. Budget-50k & below. Specs- i5 processor,4 gb ram,500 gb hdd, 1 gb graphics card memory,15.6" screen. Models shortlisted- acer 5470g,acer 5475g & acer 4820tg. No dell as it has only ati 5470 which is an entry level card..how is acer coz two retailers are strongly discouragin me from optin for tat brand..plz help with ur expert opinions as i need2 buy within a week!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hmm... well as per ur choices, acer is good (if not the best)... i too agree to that.. but hold on a minute... u might want to look at a SONY VAIO E Series 15.6" lappy too, wich comes with Core i3-330M, ATi 5650 1GB, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, fullHD reso (1920 x1080) and with a Price tag of Rs. 49,990/-

so, here u hv a better card (not nVIDIA but ATi), i hv this lappy, and it runs Crysis, Singularity etc, really well on a 1920 x 1080 reso.. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

u can see the pics of my lappy on the 1st pg in my core i7 thread :) (link in my siggy) :)

Even I am looking for a good high end Gaming Laptop with 17 inch screen having resolution of 1920 X 1200

Dell Alienware M17x is out of my budget, how much is the cost of HP Elitebook 8740w ??

in indian market?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

here u go ---> HP EliteBook 8740w Specification, Review, Price and Features | GadgetAnalysis
the site says its Rs. 90K

here is another review ---> HP EliteBook 8740w 1 billion colours with - Online Best Latest HP EliteBook 8740w 1 billion colours with Price Reviews | Features in India

^^

here u go ---> HP EliteBook 8740w Specification, Review, Price and Features | GadgetAnalysis
the site says its Rs. 90K

here is another review ---> HP EliteBook 8740w 1 billion colours with - Online Best Latest HP EliteBook 8740w 1 billion colours with Price Reviews | Features in India

That is an estimated price and that too when it was launched. Since it was launched its price must have gone down

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

then, u will hv to visit any shops like Croma etc, to get its exact pricing details buddy... if i get any info, i will surely post it here... :)

OP
S

Shepard

Broken In
Hey thx a lot ashu ^^ btw i have decided 2 up my budget 2 60k,guess tat changes a few specs here n there,more rnd required on better models..help me out here plz,dont want2 b swindled by my retailer hellbent on shovin a dell down my throat :( !

OP
S

Shepard

Broken In
How about the hp dv 3043tx? Has i5,4 gb,640 gb hdd, 15.6" screen & the much appreciated ati 5650 card as well..comes around 55k approx. Sony ea16 has same config but 14" screen..eb26 is gud as ashu said but i want a combo of i5 & 5650!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey thx a lot ashu ^^ btw i have decided 2 up my budget 2 60k,guess tat changes a few specs here n there,more rnd required on better models..help me out here plz,dont want2 b swindled by my retailer hellbent on shovin a dell down my throat :( !
not a problem dude.. :)

well, yup i totally agree to wat u say (regarding the dealer pressing hard to make u purchase a DELL) not tat its not good, but the only thing is that it (DELL Lappy) has a bad combo of i5 but a entry level gpu tats y i also wont recommend u that.. :(

Thanks Dudette
woo hoo !!! :confused:

first time i have heard that ;)
its for girls, same as dude=guys... :D
How about the hp dv 3043tx? Has i5,4 gb,640 gb hdd, 15.6" screen & the much appreciated ati 5650 card as well..comes around 55k approx. Sony ea16 has same config but 14" screen..eb26 is gud as ashu said but i want a combo of i5 & 5650!
yeah, tat hp looks promising, wait lemme check tat on net

(googling....... !!!...!!!...!!!...!!!......)

is this the lappy ----> HP Pavilion DV6-3043TX Laptop Price in Inidia

well, it certianly looks good (specs wise) but u plz check the final pricing, if its 56K still (in the current market's price) then its a really good deal bro.. :)

OP
S

Shepard

Broken In
Yup tats the one! Thx guyz,talkd 2 my local retailer can get it for 54k approx,seems like im locking my choice for this model finally :).would be gettin it nxt week by friday hopefully..! Wil keep u updated

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

i went yesterday to Croma, malad (Mumbai store), had a look at that same lappy, its good looking with the bold and illuminated "HP" logo on the front lower flip (back side of the Screen), :)

but it has a reso of 13xx X 768 (So, its NOT fullHD) and the video sample tat i saw was sorta okay-okay stuff... :(

OP
S

Shepard

Broken In
Hmm..is tat a big issue if its not true hd :(?i'm buyin keepin the nxt 2-3 yrs in mind so hope its a gud purchase,my lenovo lasted tat long! Anywayz Came across hp dv6 3052tx online. Same config except it has an i7 proccy..is diff between i5 & i7 in laptops tat high 2 justify the 10k increase? Its available for 64k..confused again!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, a fullHD screen reso (1920 x 1080) has a huge and i mean a HUGE difference both in gam8ing as well as watching movies, 1080p has crisp video screen output whereas NOT so in the 13xx X768 reso.. :( (well, tats wat i found out by personally looking at the screen while runnig a demo video)...

yup, there is a huge difference again here wen a core i7 and i5 are compared in lappys (wen both hv the same amount of RAM, say 4GB and a really good gpu, say ATi 5650 1GB), here u will get an upper hand (in using a fullHD reso+core i7 proc) while gaming and jus a fullHD with i5 for movies.. and a lil bit lesser (frame rate wise) in gaming.. :)

can u post the link of that i7 HP lappy..???

if u planning to make ur HP lappy last 2-3 yrs long wen all the new tech is releasing like the pace of ants, jus get a i7+fullHD+5650 gpu or also a i5+fullHD+5650 lappy will do gr8.. :)

^^

i went yesterday to Croma, malad (Mumbai store), had a look at that same lappy, its good looking with the bold and illuminated "HP" logo on the front lower flip (back side of the Screen), :)

but it has a reso of 13xx X 768 (So, its NOT fullHD) and the video sample tat i saw was sorta okay-okay stuff... :(

How much was the price of HP Elitebook 8740w ?? over there??

OP
S

Shepard

Broken In
Saw the i7 one on the anythinginit website postd by dboss few posts above, unable2 copypaste thru mobile :(. It seems hp doznt have hd models just like dell doznt have gud gpus..

OP
S

Shepard

Broken In
The HP Envy 17 has full HD but its not available in india yet nor has it an optical drive..forgoin the hd part,browsin thru multiple similar threads & yahoo qsns on the net found that indian gamer customers confused between the hp dv6 3043tx(i5) & dv6 3052tx(i7) like moi. Im leanin more towards the i7 one now considerin the 3 yr factor..

Top Bottom