Gaming-Laptop,Desktop or Console????

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
E

evilwit

Journeyman
Buddies, aren't we forgetting to use spoilers or ASCII chars when mentioning these forbidden words! :-(

at OP, dude at some point of time in gaming life, originality matters and it encourages a healthy experience, no one has to put up a truck of original games to do that, a few would do, with your budget 80K, buy a rig with 75K, will be good enough for FHD gaming at least for 2 years from now, and with rest 5K, buy some games and help developers.
Thanks for the reply.
i appreciate your views on originality of games.Actually i was not buying a console because of buying original games.So if I have to buy original games shouldn't i go for a console?so my question to you is which platform is better for overall gaming experience?and which option is overall cheaper?and i would like to inform you that i don't have lcd tv so i have to buy a lcd tv to playing games on consoles.but there is a small issue.AFAIK a console costs around 20k and a 32 inch tv cost around 30k,so the total is 50k.so i am still left with 30k.therefore i can buy a new laptop.but there is small issue.actually i had a dream of having a gaming setup in which i thought to include a powerful pc with a large moniter lying on my desk and a laptop...
so if go for a console i have to install the tv and console in my drawing room.and dream of having a gaming set-up will be unfulfilled so what should i do?and if a go for a desktop i will not be able to buy a new laptop for myself?so my query is there any way to buy both desktop and laptop under a budeget of 90k?i need a desktop that can do full hd gaming @ultra settings?thanks

gameranand

Living to Play
Thanks for the reply.
i appreciate your views on originality of games.Actually i was not buying a console because of buying original games.So if I have to buy original games shouldn't i go for a console?so my question to you is which platform is better for overall gaming experience?and which option is overall cheaper?and i would like to inform you that i don't have lcd tv so i have to buy a lcd tv to playing games on consoles.but there is a small issue.AFAIK a console costs around 20k and a 32 inch tv cost around 30k,so the total is 50k.so i am still left with 30k.therefore i can buy a new laptop.but there is small issue.actually i had a dream of having a gaming setup in which i thought to include a powerful pc with a large moniter lying on my desk and a laptop...
so if go for a console i have to install the tv and console in my drawing room.and dream of having a gaming set-up will be unfulfilled so what should i do?and if a go for a desktop i will not be able to buy a new laptop for myself?so my query is there any way to buy both desktop and laptop under a budeget of 90k?i need a desktop that can do full hd gaming @ultra settings?thanks

1. A better option would be to buy a gaming Desktop. If you talk about experience then PC experience is better than consoles and I'll state the reasons and hope that a new flame war don't get ignited.
A. FPS are best played on PC rather than console
B. Previously developers were not taking PCs seriously but now I am seeing that more and more exclusives are releasing on PC and with better visuals.
C. You can also connect a Wireless controller to your PC and enjoy gaming on couch.
D. PC games are cheaper. Also you can go the wrong way to test a game before you buy it unlike consoles. Again don't take it the wrong way.

2. I would not advise you to get a Desktop + Laptop as that would spoil gaming RIG. :)

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
CPU - FX 8350 @ 11k Rs
Motherboard - GA-990FXA-UD3 @ 11k Rs
Ram - 2 x 4GB RipJawsX 1600Mhz @ 4.5k Rs
GPU - Amd 7870 OC edition @ 19k RS
HDD - WD Caviar blue 1tb @ 4.5k Rs
PSU - Seasonic 750W @ 6k rs
Case - NZXT Gamma @ 2k rs
Monitor - Nice 60hz 24inch 1080p monitor will do fine, there is no need of 27 inch @ 11-16k rs

Total around 70k RS

This config will max out most of the games [with only 1 or 2 settings lowered] for next 1.5 years!
Then you can buy another 7870 Oc edition and Crossfire and you can max out all games for another 2-3years!

This would be the best future proof system i can think of right now!
Another path would be to not go for CrossfireX and change the 7870 Oc by 87** Graphic card!
For that we can use a bit cheaper Motherboard and a cheaper PSU

The prices mentioned are just rough estimates! Due to rupee depriciation and other stuff it may have drastically changed!

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
CPU - FX 8350 @ 11k Rs
Motherboard - GA-990FXA-UD3 @ 11k Rs
Ram - 2 x 4GB RipJawsX 1600Mhz @ 4.5k Rs
GPU - Amd 7870 OC edition @ 19k RS
HDD - WD Caviar blue 1tb @ 4.5k Rs
PSU - Seasonic 750W @ 6k rs
Case - NZXT Gamma @ 2k rs
Monitor - Nice 60hz 24inch 1080p monitor will do fine, there is no need of 27 inch @ 11-16k rs

Total around 70k RS

1.This config will max out most of the games

2.This would be the best future proof system i can think of right now!

pts 1 & 2 are wrong..

@ 20k range GTX 660ti or GTX 760 for 2-3k is recommended..

replace GC with Gigabyte HD 7970 3x windforce @ 27k

PSU - Seasonic S12II 520 @ 4.3k or 620W @ 5k

FX 8350 will cost 12k..

for mobo ASUS M5a97 R2.0 EVO @ 8k will suffice

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh please now don't start suggesting gaming Configs here.
If he wants a gaming RIG then he should post a thread in PC Suggestions Section. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom