Gaming laptop around 25-30k

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So guys.

After all these months I'm lost.

Please suggest some good laptop which can support graphic intensive games smoothly as well as HD Videos.

I do understand that given my price range certain compromises need to be made in terms of graphics but still deliver a decent play value.

Fill the questionnaire again but if there is no change in your answers, get a desktop assembled.

Don't get a laptop which has anything below a GT 840m.

:2cents:

Edit: gaming benchmarks of 840M

*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-840M.105681.0.html

Last edited:
OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
I just would like to know if laptop prices will differ between karnataka and west Bengal?

If they do by how much margin?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
You can try your luck in Kolkata.
Won't be of much help to @OP.
Sales Tax on IT related components and products is much higher in Kolkata than other metros and cities in India.
I think(obviously not confirmed) if OP purchases from Bengaluru,still he might get some price less when compared to here at Kolkata.

OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
So you suggest to buy laptop from bengaluru instead of Kolkata as prices might be higher there than in karnataka? :-?

$hadow

Geek in making
Won't be of much help to @OP.
Sales Tax on IT related components and products is much higher in Kolkata than other metros and cities in India.
I think(obviously not confirmed) if OP purchases from Bengaluru,still he might get some price less when compared to here at Kolkata.

Hey thanks for input. I have never been to that side of India but heard about low prices on that side which I generally doubt. But still I would suggest OP for online buying.

kg11sgbg

Hey thanks for input. I have never been to that side of India but heard about low prices on that side which I generally doubt. But still I would suggest OP for online buying.

Prices of IT hardware at Mumbai is far less than that of Kolkata.

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm sure that laptop prices are much higher in Kolkata but hardware prices are usually very cheap, just for example when I bought my Sapphire R9-280x last February I paid 22k incl taxes, I'd never seen anyone posting a lesser price for the same anywhere else in India a that time.

kg11sgbg

I'm sure that laptop prices are much higher in Kolkata but hardware prices are usually very cheap, just for example when I bought my Sapphire R9-280x last February I paid 22k incl taxes, I'd never seen anyone posting a lesser price for the same anywhere else in India a that time.

Brother my friend who has gone to Mumbai quite some times and brought some hardware components at different times,tells a different story. According to him,price of any component is at least Rs.200/- ~ Rs.900/- lesser there when compared to here in Kolkata.

tkin

Back to school!!
Brother my friend who has gone to Mumbai quite some times and brought some hardware components at different times,tells a different story. According to him,price of any component is at least Rs.200/- ~ Rs.900/- lesser there when compared to here in Kolkata.
You need to look at correct shops. Just ask him some prices and I can follow them up in some shops here myself.

abcxyz

Journeyman
In Hyderabad's CTC Complex if you have well know contacts then you'll be in for a surprise, we can get hardware at very low prices in some outlets but one should be careful because many things are not original there.

OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
Ok friends.

I had one of my friends check prices at Kolkata.

What they say is taxes on goods will not differ much and a HP g207 model which has conf of 1tb HDD, 4 GB RAM, AMD A8 and WIN 8.1 with 2 GB graph is around 30 k inclusive of tax.

I don't know until I check in Magnet House where he checked prices.

Also questions what graphics card in laptop with above conf can give mid to high level performance albeit with some compromises and what model needs to be checked?

Also can I play Crysis with all specs on or not?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok friends.

I had one of my friends check prices at Kolkata.

What they say is taxes on goods will not differ much and a HP g207 model which has conf of 1tb HDD, 4 GB RAM, AMD A8 and WIN 8.1 with 2 GB graph is around 30 k inclusive of tax.

I don't know until I check in Magnet House where he checked prices.

Also questions what graphics card in laptop with above conf can give mid to high level performance albeit with some compromises and what model needs to be checked?

Also can I play Crysis with all specs on or not?

considering it has R5 M230, its not enough even at low settings

*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R5-M230.108655.0.html

just get a desktop or increase the budget to get a laptop with GT 840m

OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
Hey Guys,

Have just rounded up certain configurations as given above and one of the dealers at Magnet House Kolkata is offering to give Lenovo G50-45(AMD A8/8 GB RAM/1 TB HDD/WIN 8.1/15.6"/3 GB INT+3 GB DEDIC Graph) AT 33.5 K INCLUSIVE.

Feels too good to be true. :lol:

But Dell and HP are offering laptops at around expected price of 28k-34k for i3(4th Gen)/A8/A6; 4 GB Ram;500 GB/1 TB HDD;WIN 8.1; 2 GB DEDICATED GRAPH.

Can someone suggest is offer on Lenovo genuine or not?

I would be checking with Lenovo themselves to see if the dealers are authorised or not.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hey Guys,

Have just rounded up certain configurations as given above and one of the dealers at Magnet House Kolkata is offering to give Lenovo G50-45(AMD A8/8 GB RAM/1 TB HDD/WIN 8.1/15.6"/3 GB INT+3 GB DEDIC Graph) AT 33.5 K INCLUSIVE.

Feels too good to be true. :lol:

But Dell and HP are offering laptops at around expected price of 28k-34k for i3(4th Gen)/A8/A6; 4 GB Ram;500 GB/1 TB HDD;WIN 8.1; 2 GB DEDICATED GRAPH.

Can someone suggest is offer on Lenovo genuine or not?

I would be checking with Lenovo themselves to see if the dealers are authorised or not.

there is no model of g50-45 which comes with 3 gb iGPU + 3 gb dGPU

Either the dealer gave wrong info or is fooling you.
Don't go with "2/3 gb graphics card" gimmick. Laptop gpus aren't good enough for gaming in your budget and would be a waste of money.

AGAIN, EITHER DON'T GET ANYTHING BELOW A GT 840M OR ASSEMBLE A DESKTOP.

$hadow

Geek in making
AGAIN, EITHER DON'T GET ANYTHING BELOW A GT 840M OR ASSEMBLE A DESKTOP.
Take this advice seriously or else don't blame anyone if you never able to get your money worth.

Top Bottom