Gaming Keyboard Around 4k!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi guys, I just got my gaming mouse and the microsoft basic keyboard does not go well with the style(I'm a sucker for looks and ms kb looks like the ugly duckling in my setup), so suggest a good gaming keyboard for 4k max(try to keep it around 3k).

Requirements:

1. Good design with anti ghosting(no beep sound when some important key combos are pressed like up arrow+left arrow+shift+space or w+ctrl+e etc) around the 'w,a,s,d'/arrow keys' cluster.
2. Good build quality(the keys should last atleast a year or so).
3. Backligting is nice, but don't want anything too fancy.
4. Palmrest.
5. Media controls.
6. Good service support with proper warranty centers in kolkata(eg: razer has no proper warranty center here)
7. Prefer USB interface(but ps2 is ok)

Brands I've considered:
Logitech(the mouse build quality and feature set are awesome, if kb has same build quality its a winner)
Microsoft(the basic kb lasted 5yrs, keys feel very good to press even after years of use)
Steelseries(if budget permits)
Razer(I've heard bad news about razers build quality, specially with mice, please comment)

PS: I also type a lot with my keyboard, specially when I'm coding, so typing is important too even though gaming is primary.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
What about Razer Blackwidow Ultimate?!! I have heard its the best out there. Mechanical + backlight!
This thing will surely cost around 6-8k, way over my budget, I'm gonna upgrade to sandy bridge soon, such an expensive keyboard will deter my parents from getting me those upgrades later, specially since they are planning to get a chevy beat in a few months.

The G110 looks damn nice, if only I could get some user feedback, gonna have to prowl some review sites soon.

static_x

In the zone
I'm using G110 and its a very good keybaord for its price you can check the review on the net as well. Key are very smooth and it has customizable back light...media keys work smoothly...Easily customizable G-keys with almost unlimited macros you can program into them...built in USB hub...Built in Microphone and Headphone jacks for your analog Headsets..

One very good option is Esports Chalenger Pro by Thermaltake..

*www.pcx.com.ph/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_220_27.jpg

I would have ordered it from the US but the only thing that stopped me was the warranty issues...it wont cost you more than 5K...it has two more models...the chalenger will cost you around 4k and ultimate is yet to be released...you can the website for moreinfo..

Esports Challenger Pro

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Esports Challenger Pro with the hand cooling fan looks cool!

Logitech G15 has lil disp. where you can monitor system temps./core usage etc..

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm using G110 and its a very good keybaord for its price you can check the review on the net as well. Key are very smooth and it has customizable back light...media keys work smoothly...Easily customizable G-keys with almost unlimited macros you can program into them...built in USB hub...Built in Microphone and Headphone jacks for your analog Headsets..

One very good option is Esports Chalenger Pro by Thermaltake..

*www.pcx.com.ph/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_220_27.jpg

I would have ordered it from the US but the only thing that stopped me was the warranty issues...it wont cost you more than 5K...it has two more models...the chalenger will cost you around 4k and ultimate is yet to be released...you can the website for moreinfo..

Esports Challenger Pro
My hands don't sweat much, so the cooling fan is just a gimmick in my eyes, the G110 on the other hand looks tempting, the lcd screens in G15 and the likes look ugly(bite me) to me, but the backlighting on the G110 looks damn good.

Just a few questions about the G110, how long have you been using it and are all the keys still functioning properly? Are there issues like keys sticking etc? I want the kb to last me atleast an year or so.

PS: Also can you do just one little favor for me? Press these keys together as I'm mentioning and tell me if the system is beeping(lock out).
1. Up arrow+left arrow+right shift
2. Up arrow+left arrow+right shift+space
3. W+left ctrl+E
4. W+left ctrl+R
5. W+left shift+R+space

These are some of my most used combos and I need to know if the kb can handle them.

static_x

In the zone
My hands don't sweat much, so the cooling fan is just a gimmick in my eyes, the G110 on the other hand looks tempting, the lcd screens in G15 and the likes look ugly(bite me) to me, but the backlighting on the G110 looks damn good.

Just a few questions about the G110, how long have you been using it and are all the keys still functioning properly? Are there issues like keys sticking etc? I want the kb to last me atleast an year or so.

PS: Also can you do just one little favor for me? Press these keys together as I'm mentioning and tell me if the system is beeping(lock out).
1. Up arrow+left arrow+right shift
2. Up arrow+left arrow+right shift+space
3. W+left ctrl+E
4. W+left ctrl+R
5. W+left shift+R+space

These are some of my most used combos and I need to know if the kb can handle them.

Tried all the key combinations...no beeping no locking out..nothing....:mrgreen:

lost.thunder

Broken In
Try the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 (cost me 2.4k inc shipping charges, bought from Lynx). It satisfies pretty much all the pre-requisites you have, good vfm for me.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Tried all the key combinations...no beeping no locking out..nothing....:mrgreen:
Thanks for checking it out, if everything goes well I'm gonna me get one of these soon.

Try the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 (cost me 2.4k inc shipping charges, bought from Lynx). It satisfies pretty much all the pre-requisites you have, good vfm for me.
I'm gonna go hunt for some reviews now, in the meantime could you check out the if the above mentioned key combos are locking out or not?
Looks very good vfm to me, what's the warranty?

Last edited:
Top Bottom