Gaming Joystick Vs Gaming Keyboard

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......
i'm looking to buy a keyboard for gaming...
but suggest me... joystick or keyboard which one to go for... i'm new to this :)

Alok

Adventurer
Well for gaming go for a xbox controller or dual-shock.

xbox controller-about 1250Rs.
Dual shock- just from 250Rs:))

Sarath

iDota
If its gaming on a computer then you will need both:

Controller: Xbox for windows ^ for Racing, arcade etc
Keyboard: for RTS, FPS, MMORPG; Depends on how much you want to spend: Check Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, Steelseries [many options- backlighting, macros, anti ghosting etc etc]. Read on!

P.S. No I am not expanding those terms above; but google will ;-)

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Keyboard: for RTS, FPS, MMORPG;

+1
Though we can play every game with keyboard and mouse but joystick for racing and arcade is very enjoyable experience :))

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

Keyboard: for RTS, FPS, MMORPG; Depends on how much you want to spend: Check Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, Steelseries [many options- backlighting, macros, anti ghosting etc etc]. Read on!

P.S. No I am not expanding those terms above; but google will ;-)

how abt this... Steelseries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard??????

Sarath

iDota
How much for that?

Looks good. More macros than any I have seen before. But I have no idea how it works.
I can only talk about the Razer Arctosa since I have one.

Alok

Adventurer
Hmm i don't think there is a need of gaming keyboard for SHOOTERS or RTS. But u can go for a good shooter mouse.

For left genre xbox controller is best.

Btw if u have extra money then as u like.

noob

Cyborg Agent
no need to waste that much on keyboard..even basic logitech keyboard will work great for gaming....after all you are going to press W S A D and few other keys from A-Z,CTRL,SHIFT...thats it and nothing else...what advantage will that costly keyboard will have over basic keyboard ? if not VFM IMHO

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
no need to waste that much on keyboard..even basic logitech keyboard will work great for gaming....after all you are going to press W S A D and few other keys from A-Z,CTRL,SHIFT...thats it and nothing else...what advantage will that costly keyboard will have over basic keyboard ? if not VFM IMHO

the keyboard must be strong enough to survive long :grin: & a normal keyboard from good brand & quality will do the job

Alok

Adventurer
the keyboard must be strong enough to survive long :grin: & a normal keyboard from good brand & quality will do the job

:-Dk those will survive long but cant give the experience as a controller for racing, and heck'nslash or sports games. U cant enjoy fifa, dmc4, re5 gta4, with keyboard-annoying control.

Sarath

iDota
lol gaming keyboard= ready for abuse. Thats the basic premsie. Everything else we talk about like macros etc are just other extras of a gaming KB.

However even I advise you to go for a regular KB but a good one. Don't spend too much on it. But an entry level gaming KB will be good. Just take a look.

I bought my arctosa only for how cool it looks :-D

OP
rahulbalmuri

rahulbalmuri

lol gaming keyboard= ready for abuse. Thats the basic premsie. Everything else we talk about like macros etc are just other extras of a gaming KB.

However even I advise you to go for a regular KB but a good one. Don't spend too much on it. But an entry level gaming KB will be good. Just take a look.

I bought my arctosa only for how cool it looks :-D

so then suggest me some basic entry level gaming keyboards(with backlit)... and link for online buying of xbox controller or anyother joystick :D

Last edited:

dinga03

Broken In
what about buying Logitech gamepad (entry level) for Rs.1100 approx for arcade and games like fifa, racing etc. The gamepad with vibration will cost you like 2000-3000, i am not sure

And buying a good keyboard like TVS Gold for Rs.1200 approx. I can assure you TVS Gold is very very good, strong and lasting.

Top Bottom