Gaming in Vista & Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
Hi guys,

Got 2 questions -

1. Games will run more smooth in Vista or in XP ? I think, the obvious answer is XP as it is less resource hungry than Vista. But still wanted to clear my understanding..wat u all say?

2. Say a particular game is working fine in Vista. Is it guaranteed that it will also run on Windows 7? I never got a chance to test this. Anybody?

Thanks in advance,
Troy.

1. If you want performance then XP but if you need eye candy Vista is for you. Although, I'd recommend Windows 7 above both.

2. Every game that works on Vista works on Windows 7. Even some games that don't game on Vista (the old games) seem to be working on Windows 7.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Sunny1211993

Well Said.

@onlytanmoy

1 . A Friend of mine told me that he clearly see the difference in eye-candy in Vista, compared to XP. So a well tweaked Vista is better in games than a XP IMO.

2 . AFAIK Windows 7 is the great product from Microsoft in Windows series. Best in compatibility, driver support, easy to use . I never regret to use the Windows 7 anl over all, i am waiting for it. I got some problem running NFS2 with Vista x64, but get it worked in Windows 7. What other to say about it? Nothing. Simply superb.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
windows 7 is the best invention of the man after he invented fire. go for it. Nothing beats it...

BTW, vista is the best thing the man has discovered after toilet tissue paper. Go for it on your own risk.

OP
O

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
thanks for the confirmation Nithu.

windows 7 is the best invention of the man after he invented fire. go for it. Nothing beats it...

BTW, vista is the best thing the man has discovered after toilet tissue paper. Go for it on your own risk.

lol...i like the statement...thanks vamsi :)

amitash

Intel OCer
^vista is great if you have a ton of ram and fast computer....but obviously windows 7 is the answer here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^vista is great if you have a ton of ram and fast computer....but obviously windows 7 is the answer here.

How much resource does Windows 7 take as compared to XP...?

Will I have a loss of FPS if I migrate to Windows 7, and keep the same setup...?

When does the official version come out...?...Also is it true that the Windows 7 release candidates expire after 60 days...?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I felt that games like DiRT were a bit slower in Vista than on XP but windows 7 certainly rocks and is "The OS" now :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
How much resource does Windows 7 take as compared to XP...?
It consumes less resource than XP does.

Will I have a loss of FPS if I migrate to Windows 7, and keep the same setup...?
Not at all. Even if its so, the difference is meagre.

When does the official version come out...?...Also is it true that the Windows 7 release candidates expire after 60 days...?

It'll be release by October 22, 2009 (Source : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7).

The RC Version of Windows 7 expires by end of August 2009.

By this all, go for Windows 7. The next best thing after XP.8)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

I have not said that to hurt your feelings amaitash. Vista just eats the memory like meet balls.

I admit that i don't have enough memory. But why the people all over the world who have quarcores and dualcores and tones of ram complain about vista?

It's just the way it works. Vista is a bad product. remember what MS official said when a journalist asked that "Why people are saying that vista is not good". He said "I would advice people to learn about vista." LOL, he thinks that people are illiterates

amitash

Intel OCer
^my feelings are not hurt, lol...yes vista has a ton of bugs, but i never seem to have any problems with it...although i do have a few problems on some older comps...thats y i said its good if you have a ton of resources

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@vamsi and amitash, I had two different experineces with Vista.

1) It was butter smooth on my Athlon 64+2gig ram+HD2600XT rig
2) It made be pull my hair out when I tested my office's builds for day-to-day office work.

All in all, it did lot of good to h/w market and laid a perfect foundation for windows 7.

OP
O

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
All in all, it did lot of good to h/w market and laid a perfect foundation for windows 7.
thats so true bond, vista did render a economical helping hand to the H/W market & laid a perfect foundation for Win 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom