gaming cpu within 20k

ashishsaluj

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:strictly gaming...may pyane 3 battlefield 3 etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:20k can extend upto 25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:guess so

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win7 have it already

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:none have a spare internal 500 gb seagate hdd

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:nope i have got one already with a resolution of 1600x1280

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:monitor,hdd,keyboard,mouse,dvd drive,speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:this month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:nope will have it done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:kolkata

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:i am confused between a ps3 and a pc i can connect the ps3 to my 52 inch led 3d tv and game away at 1080p or i could play games at low settings on my pc with a substandard 19inch monitor....on the opposite side i can buy games for cheap on pc or pay 2k plus for ps3 games

Last edited:

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Fill this up first, please. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

saswat23

Human Spambot
This is my suggestion:
* Intel i5-2310 -- 9.8k
* Asus P8H61-M LX -- 2.8k
* Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM -- 1.3k
* Corsair CX-430v2 -- 2.5k
* MSI HD 7770 -- 8.6k
Total ---- 25k

But answer the above question first.

acewin

Point Blanc
PS3 would mean huge expenditure for buying games, if you are ready for that I guess PC is better solution for gaming, and you can increase your budget to maybe 30K to get core i5 based system

AshutoshM

Blue Age Wonders
As acewin has said, extent your budget to 30k and you would get a descent config. which would serve you far better in the future, otherwise you would end up with another upgrade in the future coz gaming scenario is unpredictable and also as you mentioned 'strict gaming'.

I would suggest this:

i5-2400 @ 11.5k
ASRock B75M-GL @ 4.4k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 @ 1.3k
HD 7770 @ 9k
Corsair CX500 @ 3.7k

or you could get mid-high range GPU and something lower than i5 (also if your budget is limited):

i3-2120 @ 6.9k
ASRock B75M-GL @ 4.4k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 @ 1.3k
Powercolor HD 6870 @ 12k
Corsair CX500 @ 3.7k

Yeah, i3 system would perform better than i5 system in games but 2 extra cores will make you future proof.

SPECIAL NOTE: IF THIS IS YOUR ONE TIME BUILD GO WITH i5 SYSTEM AND IN THAT ADD HD 6870 @ 12k FOR A TOTAL OF 32.9k. BELIEVE ME IF YOU NOW MAKE A GOOD INVESTMENT YOU WILL NOT NEED TO UPGRADE FOR AT LEAST 3-4 YEARS. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND YOU THIS, REST YOUR CHOICE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom