Gaming Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

quad master

In the zone
HynixD43 chip based value ram is one gr8 value ram
which has gr9 OCing potential.

Transcend & Kingston Value RAM can reac ha max of 230Mhz if overclocked with care

But Hynix reach 250-260 easily.

@ Anish - its ur money and its upto u how 2 spend it.

OP
A

anishcool

TE God
quad master said:
HynixD43 chip based value ram is one gr8 value ram
which has gr9 OCing potential. But Hynix reach 250-260 easily.

Hey, I am a bit confused here :? 250-260 what ? Mhz ?

I thought we were talking about DDR400 RAM :roll:

OP
A

anishcool

TE God
chinmay_d said:
why don't u go for msi rs480...it rocks...

The Msi Rs480 no doubt is a great motherboard for its price. However this is Ati first venture into the motherboard market and i am not too sure about service and support.

Anyways the Asus A8N-E offers better performance so that is a better option
:wink:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
DDR 400 MHZ is in dual channel mode. So its actually 200 mhz x 2. They are talking about OCing it to 260 MHZ which is 260 x 2 which will give you a 25% boost to your memory speeds.

I have no idea why kingston gets such a bashing. I have been using it for a while now running at a lower clock of 192 since I am playing around with my FSB for OCing purposes. Till date I have OCed my FSB till 220 and no issues till now. Runs nicely. And with CAS timings of 3-2-2.5-7 (wouldnt work any lower) And kingston RAMs have always been stalbe ones. And a 3 year warranty. Now that is very imp. In all my experiences its the RAM that fails first. And hence 3 years is aboon to me.

anishcool said:
Hey, I am a bit confused here :? 250-260 what ? Mhz ?

I thought we were talking about DDR400 RAM :roll:

200 Mhz at DDR is 400 Mhz. And, no, this has nothing to do with dual channel mode. My Asus K8N doesn't support dual channel at all (socket 754)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@ anishcool
hey buddy i think you should go for kingston , i am also using it for the past 2 months and these modules rock. i am using 2*256 (400 mhz) modules at latencies of 2.5-3-3-6 and i also got a 5 year warranty... what else do you want ? i havent faced any issues with them till now and you can buy them directly from the distributor (a.a infoways , delhi) ..just deposit the money in their account and they ship the RAM to you directly. i got mine for 3800/- (including shipping and all taxes) ....... visit www.aainfoways.com and send your enquiry.

Also before buying the graphic card check the model on the xfx website www.xfxforce.com for all specs and make sure it is a 128 bit card ... alternately you can use the monthy planner that rashi peripherals gives its dealers... it also has all the specs and models mentioned.

and one more thing dont even think of going for the msi-rs-480 board..it is a board for users looking for good onboard grafix not for hardcore gamers.... go for the asus a8n-e it is a very good board and above all has the nforce 4 ultra chipset... and hey try getting a sata 2 drive if available.

and dont forget to mention the prices of all your components before buying so we can check if you are getting a fair deal or not.

pm me if you have any more problems.

OP
A

anishcool

TE God
hey thanks so much for the messages.

i will confirm the prices once i get the final list from the dealer.
anyone here who lives in bangalore ?
which is the best place to shop ?
i have found computer warehouse at barton centre which is giving me amazing prices. will post the full .list after bargaining.

anyways, kingston is out of my budget :(

i will buy the original hynix module 512 x 2 DDR400 PC3200.

i will check the prices of sata 2 drives, but highly unlikely that they will be available here.

keep posting,

cheers anish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom