Games in LCD dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
I'm going to buy an LCD monitor soon. Now what will happen to old games that run at 800x600 or even 1024x768 resolution? From what i know, LCDs don't do well with resoultion less than the native resolution. Those games will be stretched until the pixels break if I run at the native resolution. Or they will be distorted if I run them lower.

Even my gfx card can't pump out frames at high resolution, so I have no option but to run games at lower res, particularly new games. So how do I deal with low res games on a high res LCD screen??

sakumar79

Technomancer
Recently I purchased a 19" Widescreen LCD... I tested Diablo II on it which runs at 800x600... There wasnt any problem with the display... So, dont worry too much about it...

Arun

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
Can you do me a favour? Can u post a screenshot of a game running at 800x600 on your widescreen lcd please?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yup, wat u said was all myth,

there is no such problem in LCDs, I too hv a SAMSUNG 19" LCD, so was scared of corrupted graphics for games like Fifa 2K7, 2K8 , also NFS u2 (wich has a max reso.) of 1024x768 , aslo DIablo and DIABLO-II (my all time favs :D ) also run gr8 on my 19" LCD..

Btw, if u get into any trouble like stretched graphics or stull like that, then go to widescreengamingforums (search on google) and u will get patches for many games, old and new.. :)

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom