Games: How much they affect U

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunmysore

Journeyman
I played AOE continously for over 5 hrs!!!!!!!! I was so fanatic of games that I wud even play them during my exams

AOE has always beeen my fav. Game, including AOE2. AOM and RON did not work on my system :( but no regrets!!!

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
well said guys

no one except me know how my eyes became kharaab just one month before my nda exam--i used to play aoe/cromson skies till 5 am and wake up at 2 pm in july

and also missed collge for a week in nov with the same timetable -that i donteven remember going to college or studying anything in nov 2003 -cause all on my mind was only gamng.

now my exams are coming and im repenting. i cant remember a thing

gagandeep89

Broken In
hey guys
i am a hardcore gamer
i am playing nfs call of duty max payne 2
and about 5 gamez more
but nfs is just too cool
its just a gr8 game with huge graphic detail

svenkat83

Journeyman
Believe it or not , I played Max Payne continously for 11 hrs during my study holidays for the Semester exams.
And guess what happened. That semester's aggregate still rankles me.It reduced my consolidated percentage which would have been pretty decent otherwise.That's how that game affected me.
GTAIII didn't make me mad but MOH AA did. I love that game so much that I still have those mp3s played on my PC, Music Player and our car.
Half Life was another great game.Mafia too.
Now for the first time I went Racing with NFS HP and was suffering from sore fingers ,after all for those gold medals.

OP
T

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
My 2 records...

1. Chatting from 10am till 11pm.. non stop... skipped lunch too! and the best part is the guy who owns the browsing center bought me snacks that evening as i had not had lunch!!!

2. NFS 3 - Hot Pursuit. My friend bugged me he cud beat me in NFS 3... so we had to prove ourselves. SO we sat at about 3pm, just after a heavy lunch... played non stop till 6:30.... 6:30 in the morning... yep, 6:30 the next day! thats about 15 hours of non-stop playing!! and of course, i beat him :wink:

coolcrook007

Broken In
I too am a game addict.I study in the ninth standard and since I was 7 or 8 yrs old when I got my first video game(the one with the cartridges)I would play basically the whole day running about now and then gettin new cartridges from frens buyin them if i got enough bucks.

When I got to play on the computer the first time in my fren's house ,I took me only three weeks to ask dad and get one for myself.There are only a few things I do on my pc play games ,play games ,play even more games and occasionally do some other stuff like surfing and chatting.

The games I am most addicted am to are Half-Life.I played Half-Life the whole day the first time I got the chance.I would evn wake up at 4:30 in the mornin to get ready and play before school instead of studying.I would'nt stop playing even though my parents scolding me all the time.I only stopped after I finished the game :( :( :( ( I really felt it should have been a 100 or so levels longer)

I love the Aoe series I played it even today.Nowadays even there is hardly a day when i don't paly aoe,aok or aom or I think I can't digest my food. My frens really annoy :evil: :evil: :evil: me when they come in the the midle of one of my AOE games and i never give these cds to anyone coz my cds regularly get lost with frens.I have two copies each of these games .Just In case :wink: :wink:

I play loads of games like delta force 1 to 4,Max Payne,Spiderman,
Counter strike, Unreal Tournament,Quake II(I some even dream of one of these games and most probably wake with a start when i die in a deathmatch or something)

The Ea Fifa Games too Are one of my favorites . I most probably beat the computer even in pro mode after all my practice.(I love playin it over lan with frens too)

I have all the Harry Potter books and love them and the same goes 4 all the Harry potter games not tht I like 'em too much but I am a Harry Potter fanatic.

Nfs like all others I suppose is too one of my favourites.No need for an explanation on Nfs games I suppose.

Ceaser III too is one of my favorite games though I couldn't ever get much higher than architect :( :( :( I love the game none the least.

Cricket 2004 one of my newest games is really nice but its much too easier batting then bowling(I may have learn't a few good shots from the game though)But I still play lot of it.I set such a huge total that the computer doesn't have a chance to chase it.(Just like our team does in the actual game)

Mortal Combat 4 is one of the coolest game I ever played. I especially like the magical special powers and I really hope that I could have used them in real life.

Smackdown 2 is a wrestling game and I like I expect many WWE fanatics love it. The special moves are like the actual wrestlers and the camera angles are great. (I do many of the move to my smaller brother who hates wwe coz of me hitting it)

Chess is another one of the games I play. I like to play chess but I don't get partners play play with as everyone thinks its boring so I play with the computer(I hardly win though)

RoadRash was the first biking game I played and though it was simple but I have played many a biking game since and I still play it once in a while . Moto gp2,Motocross Mania are the other biking games I have played.

coolcrook007

Broken In
Well as far as records go mine I suppose are-

i)Played Half-Life for continious 7-8 hrs. :D :D

ii)Online on the net chatting and surfing from 9 am to 7 pm :D :D

iii)Searching for a crack for 5hrs.(though I never got it on that day) :D :D

iv)Getting 60 frags in deathmatch(Unreal Tournament)without getting
killed only once. :D :D

v)Played Fifa on lan with fren for 5 hrs. :D :D

vi)Installing 8 games in my system in a single day :D :D

vii)Well I don't seem to remember any more but as Iwill I'll edit this post :wink:

ice

In the zone
killed only once.

Proud of u.. i couldnt go more than 12 on godlike.
what mode do u play on.. I now only play MORPHEUS...

UT OWNZ TOO..

sunmysore

Journeyman
My records:

1. Got 2:21.45 on Cote D Azur in NFS5 using Porsche 996 Turbo 8) (fully modded, stage2 turbochargers,etc. 700bhp :wink: )

2.Pestered my friend by going into his house every day since 10 days from 5pm to 9pm everyday since to play NFS7U :p

ice said:
killed only once.

Proud of u.. i couldnt go more than 12 on godlike.
what mode do u play on.. I now only play MORPHEUS...

UT OWNZ TOO..

never played UT, quake.............

guri35

Broken In
Guys i think u r going off the topic,its better to share ur experiences regarding game addiction.This records topic will simply result in flooding of this very good topic.

Wildstyle

Broken In
Games affect me lots. I do stuff like this in real life:

1) I have a crush (could this be love? Ooh! Ooh!) with BloodRayne and Mona Sax
2) Still hum or whistle the theme tunes of games like The Sims, Max Payne, The Elder Scrolls:Daggerfall (old DOS RPG)
3) Wave my hands in the air imagining I am a spell-caster as in Undying or The Elder Scrolls:Morrowind
4) Like to impress chicks with 'deadly' dialogues a la Max Payne or Duke Nukem
5) Have an uncanny fear for crabs in in the fish market (after playing Half Life)
6) Burst out into uncontrollable fits of laughter looking at some fatsos who look like the character models in Quake 3

(Kidding about the last two if you didn't guess :p)

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
me an IGI fan. I skipped my college test to play that. ;) Altough it was not internals ;). I have skipped some classes to play IGI :D
..:: [peace] ::..
Jeba

Well you people have been speakin about games,
Lemme tell you about me:
You guys must be knowing about limp bizkit's "Mi-2 theme" and "keep rollin' ", Well whenever im on my active, i get morphed into Tom Cruise and im one hell of a driver!
Now thats really adrenaline pumping... lol

G

gxsaurav

The last game I recently played was Doom3 & here is my responce

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,darknesss, hell, demons, save me, earth here I come

oh! Sorry, it's totelly up to U, how much U let the game in U, once the game is compleated I usually forget about it in 1 month, belive me, I have forgotten how to compleate Max Payne 1

crusader77

Broken In
damn, again late to a thread..

well as far as records go, i once played a deathmatch in UT and got 120 frags! without being killed once! i am a big ut,q3 fan. Nowadays i don't get that much time anymore but if i play it's mostly LMS on cliffhanger, morpheus ,holywater or onslaught on UT2k4. And the effect on me, well.. when i had just got the game in 2000 i think, i'd play it like 6-8hrs a day and afterwards i'd just be slightly dazed and tired. did'nt effect me in any other way.. thank god! :D

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I never game so intensly... sometime formula 1 or cricket ... but that sumtimes is once in 3--4 mths... after my syswtem format i havent even found time to install the games again....

prankzter

Journeyman
well...for the past 2 months, i have been playing:
1.hitman 2 ( completed )
2.hitman contracts (completed )
3.NFS underground ( completed )
4.collin mcrally
5.cricket 2004
6.Max Payne 2 ( completed )
7.Freedom Force (in progress... )
8.Call of duty ( completed )

so u see gamesform an integral part of me!

well the topic is on how the games affect people. And heres how some of the games affected me. Starting from the recent NFS UG...
Played it day and night and now whenever I go out and see cars (esp Accents, Lancers, Esteems, City VTECs), I keep imagining which vinyls/colors/spoilers would look good. Discuss the same with my bro, who is a hardcore NFSUG fan too.

Commandos days... after crawling through a series of levels and being detected by those Germans, I felt odd when walking in publics and kept looking here and there to see if people would notice me. ehehe.

After UT, wanted to "head shot" many people from my balcony. and there are countless times when I imagined bullet time in public.

Fortunately sanity held and did nothing of the above.(I take frequent breaks during gameplay so that I'm not too depressed) advise you all too to cut down on the continuity (and not the gaming). I really feel shitty after playing a game continuously for more that 5 hrs and not spening time outdoors.

Enjoy life!! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom