games display problem

akash22

Journeyman
guys i have a 20" lcd monitor and after ugrading to directx 11 crysis2 the game is working properly but the game display got sandwiched between black sceens from both ends. so the gameplay screen at the center with both end s black or in other words gameplay screen is compressed from both ends. this thing not only happens with crysis2 but also with the tiny bang story.so pls help me to make it to fullscreen or stretch it to both end. and i m playing with high resolution of 1600x900.if u don't understand then just take a look at the screenshot!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yes. I did. I once had a similar problem when gaming on 9400gt and using a vga-dvi converter. Tinkering with refresh rates always worked for me back then.

Also, try returning to desktop using alt+tab, and then, go back to game. Even this trick used to work for me.

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
but there is no option like aspect ratio in this game

hey this time when i played crysis it came in fullscreen but when i restared it it didn't came in full screen. at present there is re5 on pc too but it is playing fulscreen only crysis2 and "the tiny bang story" are not coming fullscreen

gameranand

Living to Play
When I had this problem once changing the aspect ration to 16:10(native aspect ratio of my monitor) worked for me somehow.

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
Guys updated ccc11.6 to 11.7 but still no changes. recently installed mafia 2 but it seems to plays full widescreen. but crysis and tiny bang story have same prob. guys is this has somethng to do with high resolution texture pack from crysis 2 dx11 pack coz i haven't applied it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
What the maximum resolution that your monitor supports?

Try enabling GPU scaling (My digital Flat panels - Properties) feature in ATI CCC. This should scale the game to full screen.

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
Ethan it's not working yet. my monitor suppports upto 1600x900. i also tried with different refresh rates and resolution. maybe i shud use a CRACK and see.

Top Bottom