• Its Free

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I buy only Indie Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I think its fair to say that people have started buying games. have people changed or its just a new trend or have they realized why to buy games?

PS: I hope you guys understood the poll options :) .. its not public

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
TBH, I started buying games from past two years.

@Mods: can you add a poll option for "I buy only Indie Games"

Last edited:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
i want to buy games but can't afford. The only game i bought is GRID. I don't want to install pirated game in my PC(still I have 2). If I want to play some other game then I go and ask to friend. I have a gamepad only for FIFA, But since FIFA13 is costly i couldn't buy it.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
i find the experience of genuinely bought game and the features they offers like an online platform, matchmaking, achievements, leaderboards etc things worth my money. sadly in some cases pirated game offers a hassle free experience than a purchased game.

flyingcow

Shibe
I can only afford some PS3 games, so i only try to buy exclusives. For PC, I only buy multiplayer/big file size games...ive only pirated a few games

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I realized what piracy can do to pc gaming and I stopped piracy from past 3 to 4 years now and am buying the games I loved to play no matter the cost (oh yeah i bought Diablo 3 for 3700/-).

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
though i buy some games, i've pirated and been pirating lots of games still, especially the single player ones. feels bad. :(
hopefully one day i'll repay those devs somehow.

edit: and also those music composers. sorry bros, i still find it easy to download your tracks off internet than going through process of buying.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
though i buy some games, i've pirated and been pirating lots of games still, especially the single player ones. feels bad. :(

Sorry to say but the fact remains that you wont repay anything to those developers behind the games u have pirated so far :)

Its ok.. i have pirated many games in the past, we all did.. but when i realized the density of my ripoff, i slowed down a little and started buying games. Now it has become a habit that i buy only the games i like and play only the games i buy.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
There are some good games which i seriously considered buying them but couldn't get them due to high price . Example - guild wars 2 ( 4k @ flipkart) , call of duty series ( 3k) , diablo 3 , and other game . I mostly manage to get 999 priced title though .

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
THIS.
I wanted to try out TF2, but didn't want to download it even thought it is free, I bought Orange Box just to support the devs as I had played a non-genuine copy of Half-Life years ago. and I still haven't play more than an hr of HL.

call of duty series ( 3k)
I don't get this and often has me confused. every year they release a title and price the same .. 3K is way too expensive for a title which is released every year. diablo 3 I understand that its a huge MMO game.

darkv0id

Journeyman
THIS.
I don't get this and often has me confused. every year they release a title and price the same .. 3K is way too expensive for a title which is released every year. diablo 3 I understand that its a huge MMO game.

Same here. I can get it if one buys any one game from the series for the MP, but every single game?

GW2 and Diablo III though are worth every penny (even though Diablo 3's endgame, from what I hear, is a joke compared to Diablo II's)

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
TBH, I started buying games from past two years.

@Mods: can you add a poll option for "I buy only Indie Games"
ok

buy ios titles and IAP, only during sales
free 2 play on pc
not started buying games from steam yet...

For me, rather than PURCHASING a game, improving my hardware is more important (see my sig.). But once I get a badass PC, I'm surely gonna purchase the games (and make donations too).

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
PC gamers y u no buy games during steam sales & other sales. Our members regularly update PC Game Deals thread so you will stay updated of the latest sale.
During steam sales very good popular games are around $3 that's like Rs. 170.

One good thing I observed over the years that our forum members have evolved now many buys PC games.
Sadly though I know many people who consider downloading AAA titles for that all titles through more attractive 256kbps ISP through torrents. They are well established in money piramid.

Many of them considers me a fool for paying Rs. 300 - 400 for a game.

There are many free-to-play games available in the internet.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I can buy a game in 6 months period of time from Steam but I don't have any credit card. Can't buy from father's card. SO i am stuck with Game DVDs with price tag of 699 to 999

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I used to buy lots of PC games first but now i "Acquire" them by other means
I just acquired a digital ;-) copy of Red Alert 3 and am suffering with problems in it(freezes regularly,alt+tab does not work)

Flash

Lost in speed
Somebody PM chaitanya2106 . . :stirpot:

I used to buy lots of PC games first but now i "Acquire" them by other means
I just acquired a digital ;-) copy of Red Alert 3 and am suffering with problems in it(freezes regularly,alt+tab does not work)
You should've acquired EA too..

Top Bottom