Game programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey_dude

Journeyman
Hello!! I am interested in doing a game project. I want to make game FPS such as call of duty,etc. I am good at c++ and Visual C++. I have decided to make the game engine myself. It will take time and will be very hard, but i am going to my own engine.

Also i hv decided that i will do it in directx. I dont hv much knowledge in directx, so plz suggest some good books. It will not take time in learning directx basics as i am very good at win32 and mfc. Also plz suggest some directx books using mfc. I want to make this project as a degree project. Dont talk about time coz i hv 3 yrs :) in my hand. so for future use will it be better making the game as well as engine in c++(MFC) or C# ??

I dont know c# much, just basics but am learning it. I hv heard that directx 10 is comming. So is it worth the project in directx9 now or should i go opengl 2 ??

Plz i need advice :)

aadipa

Padawan
1st thing first... no need to jump to programming, you can choose the development platform later.

First have a good concept ready, have a scheches of screens you would like to make.
Also get used to 3D graphics maths, there are many books for it, DirectX help also have few sections on it.

After that you can look for platform which will be better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom