Game of Thrones / ASoIaF - USE SPOILER TAG!!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
YESs!! thank you
*i.imgur.com/UKwi9mx.jpg

Azor Ahai theories anyone? I think it could just be Theon
In the World of Ice and Fire book, the previous prophesized heroes are mentioned as Eldrich Shadowchaser and Hyrkoon
Now Elric Stormbringer and his cousin Yrkoon are deconstructions by Michael Moorcock of typical hero archetypes, Neo/HP/Luke Skywalker types. This is a sort of literary template known as the monomyth or the hero's journey
So this is Theon's story charted on the Monomyth
*i.imgur.com/N9XDckd.png

moar evidences
-Theon, same as Dany, claims the comet and lives, (Joff, Ned, Cressen, Stannis if he dies in the books)
-If he leads the Ironborn into battle, all those who die fighting for him will literally be "reborn", fulfilling the prophecy
-Torgon Greyiron being away from the Kingsmoot in the books and Theon being at the Kingsmoot in the show are good indications that this might happen

There seems to be some kind of trifecta in play, GRRM is sitting in the middle of Tad Williams, Moorcock and Tolkein.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
George RR Martin: Winds of Winter won't be released before Game of Thrones season 6 - Telegraph

oh my god, GRRM y u do this..
With this rate, A dream of Spring will be launched after im married

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ok this thing was bothering me. Was contemplating skipping on the show till the books come out. if it helps, try and keep the two separate. TV show is good, but much reduced version of Book story, each is good for its own medium but they are two stories. It's not like everything shown in the shows is going to be in the books, and there are characters still alive in the books that are already dead on the show... so this actually gives some more fodder for theories, and allows the meta discussion to continue a little longer, which is going to be insane fun because asoiaf forums does not allow show discussion in the book section :D

this is the whole blog post : Last Year (Winds of Winter) - Not A Blog Read the last bit, should help.
find it sad that he had to apologize. he didn't mention many of the other things he was busy doing during that time. the expectations are just waay too high.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ok, can go as far as to say it's a mediocre fantasy series, converted to just about the best television content. He spent a major portion of the time encouraging other speculative fiction authors, and interacting with fans at various conventions, including reading out chapters from WoW, and hosting awards ceremonies for authors when the actual award ceremony messed up. that's the bit he overlooked mentioning. At least I think that is time better spent than writing another ok book, he really used his position to help so many others, like a superhero. The watering down of the story and the de-nuancing or removal of the characters actually helps the tv format. He knows it, his fans know it, everyone knows it. Still, can imagine writing even a mediocre asoiaf novel near to impossible to approach as regular work because of all the pressure and the hype. So now, at least Im glad that there finally is no deadline.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
George RR Martin: Winds of Winter won't be released before Game of Thrones season 6 - Telegraph

oh my god, GRRM y u do this..
With this rate, A dream of Spring will be launched after im married

In that case you would best learn to make your better-half start to love Game of Thrones, like I did. In a way its better than re-watching Season 1-5 alone or with Friends. It gets even better when you will both crave for the season 6 Premier in April :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Everything is ending in 2019: Star Wars, XMen, Gotham, John Wick, MR Robot, Toy Story, Big Bang Theory, Jessica Jones and Punisher apart from the ones you mentioned.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
EW Covers

*ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/23q7grq2hxhq3npzr9e8h8_11.jpg?w=768

Also, Cleganebowl confirmed, GET HYPE

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Nerevarine
You think Qyburn made an army of whatever The Mountain has become, and retook Casterly Rock with that army?
Everyone in that scene has helmets exactly like The Mountian
*i.imgur.com/nhT6bfR.jpg
Also, showing The Hound next to the fire means he will be revisiting situations that made him him

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, if you see the dragonpit meeting scene, every soldier had the similar style of helmet. I think its a way for cersei to signify, (out with the old, in with the new), by replacing the uniforms of all kingsguards and upper echlon soldiers, who had the "faith" style helmet back then.

Hound next to fire is definitely something I'm willing to see, maybe he will finally let go of his irrational fear of fire. Perhaps he is linked to Rhllor and Perhaps he is azor ahai who knows :D

I think, Qyburn was performing some sort of dialysis on Mountain with the women Cersei was providing him to dispose off (Felys ? etc. sister of the dumb girl bronn was married to) to get rid of the poison.

My memory is very hazy for ASOIAF, because I read it during my term 2 in college (its been years)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Haha yeah.
Snowstorm is just sooo much cringe. Hopefully Brienne gets the treatment she deserves when Tormund gets to Winterfell next episode.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Terrible? It was decent. I would say decent start for the last season. Not wasting time in build up, things have started to happen in the first episode itself. 2nd episode is even better as per the sneak peek.

Top Bottom